Nitrile gloves, or better alternatives?

-
Lol, 1st one was for Yankmees, this ones for 'Stros!
I see those are flexible enough to give the universal sign of friendship too, another selling point. :)

20191018_191604.jpg

Im still using gloveworks brand. But when they went up to $53 a box i tried others. Ended up going back, but price started dropping, last one was $38 for a box.

It's an old thread but I want to say that I'm sorry to hear that the nitrile gloves you got from Wally-world aren't cutting it for you. It can definitely be frustrating to have gloves that don't fit right or don't hold up. If you're still looking for alternatives, you might want to check out the cleanroom gloves from https://harmonycr.com/cleanroom-glоves/. They're made with high-quality materials and come in a variety of styles to suit your needs. Plus, they're designed to provide a better fit and more durability than some of the cheaper options out there. I totally hear you on the mechanics gloves, too. Sometimes you just need to have a little more dexterity and control when you're working on stuff.

Mods this is a bot.

No gloves here,don't see the point.Painting yes screwing in bolts don't see the point.Just too old school I guess...

I'm sure the forum is full of pictures of me holding stuff with my Blue harbor freight gloves.. they're definitely stronger than the clear plastic dirt cheap gloves but not as strong as the Black gloves... They seem to be just right for having feeling and lasting for a little while. I like the light color that way I know when they're dirty and I'm pulling dirt off of my car or truck...
Every job I do I just plan on a box of gloves and try and buy them when they're on sale...
Also I change them quite often and the ones that don't get damaged or badly dirty or keeping a coffee can for the real dirty jobs. So sometimes at least half of them get a second use.
That reminds me I need to get to harbor freight for some more gloves xl's of course...
Oh here's a shot from yesterday where my ratchet slipped on the banjo fitting on my rear brake caliper on my trans am...
I got a boo boo...
IMG_20230327_130031562.jpg

I have been using the black nitral. I use a glove liner to keep my hands from breaking out. But I usually double up on the gloves. That way when the outer one gets torn etc I can slip on another easily, rather then try to put on a new glove on a sweaty hand.

Recently I found some cheap gloves to use for my 3D printing. From Amazon and 100 for about 7 bucks. They are astonishingly strong.

Screenshot_20230328-224439.png

Last edited:
Hi all,
I see a lot of people using the nitrile gloves, so I bought a cheap box from wally-world. Not really happy with them, they don't go far enough up my wrist, and it doesn't take much to wear through my index finger.. I don't have a lot of feeling in the end of that finger due to some frostbite somewhere a long the line, so I wind up with a clean hand and a greasy finger tip, lol. I have mechanics gloves, but usually wind up taking them off to start bolts, etc.
Any better options out there other than the wally-world ones?
Does anybody know what happened to Ron? @RSie, where you be?

I dont normally wear gloves but I have been using these for messy jobs or oily stuff.
Hard to find in my size lately but seem to hold up better than most

download.jpeg

Best alternative I've found? BARE HANDS
I can't work in gloves.
I occasionally use them if I'm working with POR15.
Or if I have a cut/gash I've bandaged and want to keep solvents from dissolving the stickum on the band aid.
I've also used electrical tape or duct tape along with a conventional band aid.....

Which chemicals are you using that crack your skin??
Alcohol dries out my skin.
Acetone same thing.
Thinner same.

Lanolin is the best thing I have found for Dry skin

I live in a very dry area and the humidity inside my house would be 10% if we did not have a whole house humidifier, as is to keep the windows from fogging up we keep it as 30%. When the outside air is 0-20 deg my hands get cracks in no time.

Not my hands, (google photos)

Painful

1680222771216.png

Ugly
1680222933103.png

Plus I'm married and would rather have soft hands!

But seriously would you want someone touching you with those hands?

1680222441456.png

Laugh all you want but this stuff in amazing!

1680223061815.png

-
Back