Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
Post 215 hose length is not an issue at all, at this power level. Your bottle pressure will remain fairly high during during your short blasts at low horsepower settings, so you will not feel a difference or see it on the plugs even with vastly different lengths, within reason. If one hose wraps around the engine while the other is short, you may see a little difference on the plug, but I still doubt it. You'll have enough pressure and supply to keep it liquid at the jet through the longer line.

Post 215 hose length is not an issue at all, at this power level. Your bottle pressure will remain fairly high during during your short blasts at low horsepower settings, so you will not feel a difference or see it on the plugs even with vastly different lengths, within reason. If one hose wraps around the engine while the other is short, you may see a little difference on the plug, but I still doubt it. You'll have enough pressure and supply to keep it liquid at the jet through the longer line.
Thank you and everyone else for taking the time to answer some of these questions.. appreciate the people have done this before and taking the time to answer some of my concerns. And rest assured when I gained some experience I will share it with the next person...

Some stuff hanging around for the independent fuel system...
I've always wanted to incorporate the nostalgic Moon tank but it'll probably be just too big.. I'm sure I could put it where the battery used to go but I don't know if I want something that bulky hanging around... A fuel pump still hangs bypassed, disconnected, plugged, and unused.. and it's pressure regulator sitting on the shelf...
IMG_20200208_184234.jpg
IMG_20200208_184246.jpg
IMG_20200208_184506.jpg
IMG_20200208_184522.jpg

I have this 1 gal tank if you are interested, I was using it at the time for a temporary fuel cell when painting my Willys. Its mounted to the winch plate in this pic.

Umof9E.jpg

I have this 1 gal tank if you are interested, I was using it at the time for a temporary fuel cell when painting my Willys. Its mounted to the winch plate in this pic.

View attachment 1715467018
That's totally cool I might have you take another picture of it when you get a chance.. the very little bit of fuel all use for a nitrous pass or two I was really thinking of something like about the size of a windshield washer bottle? I can see something like the factory windshield washer bottle up on top of the fender wall there with a continuous circulation going and a way of seeing how much fluid is in there?.. tomorrow I'll be out in the shop and I can open the hood and kind of revisit the area that I'm thinking about putting a small tank. Again like in the area where the factory battery would have been.. give any guesstimation of what the dimensions would be?..

I can dig it out tomorrow, it is buried in the back of my outbuilding.
I would say it is about 8x8x12, it has AN fittings for connections.
I bought it new from Summit, I think its a RAC or JAZ brand tank, bought it too many years ago, but I bet they still sell it.

I can dig it out tomorrow, it is buried in the back of my outbuilding.
I would say it is about 8x8x12, it has AN fittings for connections.
I bought it new from Summit, I think its a RAC or JAZ brand tank, bought it too many years ago, but I bet they still sell it.
That sounds about right.. I don't need it to be totally inconspicuous. That tank that I have I can tell it's just going to take up too much room under the hood for the small amounts of times that I'll use it... I would appreciate you taking a look and see if it can work... I looked at some on Summit and they or not inexpensive LOL... Years ago it could have been more reasonable I know even my tunnel ram was close to $100 less five or six years ago when I bought it..

I will try to dig it out tomorrow, I literally have to move all the sheet metal for my cuda, and climb across the 4 wheelers to get to it.

I need more room, but that just means more stuff.........

I will try to dig it out tomorrow, I literally have to move all the sheet metal for my cuda, and climb across the 4 wheelers to get to it.

I need more room, but that just means more stuff.........
I know the feeling if I had to get something deep in my shed... I'd be like oh good lord... I'd have to plan it as a day event...

I got it dug out, it’s 7x7x8”
I can send pics later when I go down to the house.

I got it dug out, it’s 7x7x8”
I can send pics later when I go down to the house.
Awesome! Let's start a p.m. and we'll get things worked out if you are willing to let it go?... I just s... canned the idea of that Moon tank it's way too big. I want to make a 7 by 8 cardboard cutout so I can see how it will look in the Duster...

I'll make my last order today for parts and once it's all together all I need is a bottle of nitrous and a fuel supply and get all my switches hooked up and off to the Moon I go LOL...:thumbsup:...
Thank you for everybody's help and don't think I won't need a lot more LOL...
:realcrazy:....

IMG_20200208_130503.jpg
IMG_20200208_130719.jpg
IMG_20200207_170600.jpg
View attachment 1715467560

Perhaps I’m confused. You seem to have the correct lines, but not connected to the right ports.
Simply turn around the bottom plate. Hook the blue lines to the blue fittings and the same for the red fittings.
The “Tee” fittings look like the have 1/8” NPT threads that will go into your solenoids....
Use what you got...
I'd like to bring your comment over here to the correct thread as this is where I'm trying to get all this plumbing together...
The red lines are short and the blue lines are longer as you can see. The way they're stretched out like that they end up kind of even.. I have one set going to the fuel on each one and one set going to the nitrous on each one. And the tee fitting in out and a place on both of them where I would have room to use the solenoid bracket and not be stretching or bending any of the lines incorrectly... I have to use elbows on the inside or they'll kink too closely to the carburetor opposing it... On the driver side or the right side as you're looking at it there's all the carburetor linkage and whatnot for both the carburetors and return Springs and so forth. on the left side that I have it on there's already the solenoids and the two fuel outlets for the fuel rail that I'm trying to go around so it actually works best to have one solenoid hanging off the front and one off the back on the passenger side. I also ordered The Purge kit which has it solenoid. I don't know if that's going to end up completely away from everything or maybe in the center on the driver side underneath the linkage. There seems to be enough room there for one solenoid right in the middle underneath the connecting rail for the carburetors..
earlier I was asking if having one short and one long line for the feel and one short and one long line for the nitrous was going to be a problem and the answer that I got was similar to yours that at my power level this isn't going to be a problem?..

Last edited:
I think I have everything ordered except for the bottle and it's accommodating pieces. Now I can get to plumbing everything hooking up all the electrical switches and starting on a complete fuel supply system..
THE NEXT PERSON WHO STEPS IN FRONT OF ME AND SAYS JUST THROW A HUNDRED SHOT ON IT IS GOING TO GET THE VERBAL BEATING! LOL...
If it were only that easy...

According to what I think was the Edelbrock chart I was shooting for a 50 shot in each carburetor which was a 35-28 jet.. I was trying to get everything out of Sparks Nevada warehouse for Summit so everything gets here at the same time and then end up having to go with a 34-28.. I can only imagine I'll be changing things around quite a bit after a couple of times..

You got most of all this sorted now, just 1 thing, you say a 50 shot is 35n/28f jets?.......or 28n/35f?....I hope its the latter, but that is very rich, 28n/28f is still rich but much better...just saying.

You got most of all this sorted now, just 1 thing, you say a 50 shot is 35n/28f jets?.......or 28n/35f?....I hope its the latter, but that is very rich, 28n/28f is still rich but much better...just saying.
Screenshot_20200208-063731.png

This is the chart that I was going off of I believe it's Edelbrock or NOS...

Well I don't get those numbers, not going to look it all up now but......as I said earlier a cheater plate system single 4 kit the jets were>
125hp....52n/59f
175hp....73n/82f
250hp....110n/110f...but the N solenoid only had a .093" orifice so that was very rich, it all was rich and thats not knowing what size the F solenoid was, today the F jet is around 5>7 sizes smaller@6psi, one would think you would halve those numbers for a split system, so>
50hp would be...around a 25n/25f for still a rich tune x 2 = 100 shot?
Your zex N solenoid orifice size needs to be checked along with the holes in your plates...all this = a headache when not going for 1 complete kit mixing parts but I think its more sensible to halve cheater jet sizing. I say all this because if you jet 35n/28fx2 that=70n/56f to me thats near a 175 hit and very lean and if you don't come back **** loads on timing you could do damage of some kind. I would go into this a bit more if it was me, perhaps Bobzilla can suggest something better, he's good with N20 from what I've read.

Well I don't get those numbers, not going to look it all up now but......as I said earlier a cheater plate system single 4 kit the jets were>
125hp....52n/59f
175hp....73n/82f
250hp....110n/110f...but the N solenoid only had a .093" orifice so that was very rich, it all was rich and thats not knowing what size the F solenoid was, today the F jet is around 5>7 sizes smaller@6psi, one would think you would halve those numbers for a split system, so>
50hp would be...around a 25n/25f for still a rich tune x 2 = 100 shot?
Your zex N solenoid orifice size needs to be checked along with the holes in your plates...all this = a headache when not going for 1 complete kit mixing parts but I think its more sensible to halve cheater jet sizing. I say all this because if you jet 35n/28fx2 that=70n/56f to me thats near a 175 hit and very lean and if you don't come back **** loads on timing you could do damage of some kind. I would go into this a bit more if it was me, perhaps Bobzilla can suggest something better, he's good with N20 from what I've read.
"= headache".. lol...
Without question I'm experiencing a learning curve LOL... I did end up getting 34 28 as they didn't have any 35 Jets at the Sparks Nevada warehouse for Summit and I wanted everything to come together... Of course when I called the Zex hotline and talked about two carburetors the kid that answered on what seems like an extremely busy line give me an answer that I would just split the 2 in 1/2... As I understood it the Zex solenoids would be capable of opening enough for a 250 shot so I didn't think that would be a restriction? I was thinking that the Jets would be the ultimate restriction? It seemed to me that both 34 jets would get the full 950 PSI of nitrous and the fuel jets would get the full 6 lb of pressure from the fuel supply?..
I usually am somewhere around 34 to 36 on my timing and was going to back down to at least 31 if not 30 for a first attempt.. my plan was to creep back up on the timing after reading the plugs and such.. but that's experienced people like yourself I'm falling back on to correct my thinking and I appreciate you posting your thoughts and concerns...

The nitrous solenoid says .110 orifice and the fuel says .156, both good for a 300 shot...

No expert me, only ran it for 3yrs and just a simple kit, ....ok so its just the plate holes and size, but trying to suss that out is not easy, saw plenty of threads on the subject, nobody had an answer to differing amount of holes and size but they are all probably very similar I would think until you get into crossbar plates and the like. Perhaps that kid you talked to has got it right, I'm saying the same thing just from common sense but I never ran 2x4's. 950 psi is just that, don't matter what size jet you put it in, you lose some psi down the 1/4 anyway if you hit it off the line or prolonged use. I certainly would NOT put 35n/28f into it twice myself, 35n/35f perhaps for what I think would be a 175 shot, be careful here. Perhaps start a post or a search elsewhere and see whats said...Moparts?...n20mstr I think his handle is?, is on there and he's good.

Last edited:
I say all this because if you jet 35n/28fx2 that=70n/56f to me thats near a 175 hit and very lean and if you don't come back **** loads on timing you could do damage of some kind.

Doubling the size of a jet results in 4x the area of restriction. Based on jet size alone (not accounting for flow dynamics), if 70n equals 175hp, then 35n + 35n would equal 87.5hp.

Grant

I could be wrong of course and that be right BUT, its not so much about the amount of Nitrous jet its the fuel thats important, not enough won't melt your motor but if your not sure how much N your injecting how can you determine the correct fuel jet size 1st to make power and more important if its way too lean how much to come back with the timing depending on your combo and all the rest of it, THAT IS PARAMOUNT.....some used to tune by seeing if they burnt a plug first, thats crazy.

He's got a wideband. A couple second hit likely won't hurt the engine if he pulls 6 degrees, but that short hit will tell him where he's at with regards to the fuel jets.

Grant

-
Back