Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
Plenty...
my question to you is do you know what you're doing with all that nitrous stuff you have?..

So far letting it collect dust. Lol. I have a few friends that will help me some and that is why I bought a complete kit from Induction Solutions. Steve told me anytime I am going to test to give him a 2-3 day heads up and he could pull my info out so I could call him after every pass for tuning suggestions. The guy that rents the pit spot next to mine tuned his car this way and Steve helped him bigtime.

So far letting it collect dust. Lol. I have a few friends that will help me some and that is why I bought a complete kit from Induction Solutions. Steve told me anytime I am going to test to give him a 2-3 day heads up and he could pull my info out so I could call him after every pass for tuning suggestions. The guy that rents the pit spot next to mine tuned his car this way and Steve helped him bigtime.
Did you just get a basic kit online? are you planning a separate fuel management? Timing retards? all the other stuff that doesn't come with the kit or does this kit come with one crap ton of stuff?..

Well I've got to say after getting these Edelbrock plates I can definitely say that those Speedmaster plates were complete garbage! I mean junk junk junk!.. that junk would have been a problem... A big one... They had 10 holes on each side of the bar going in the wrong direction mostly, the ones that weren't completely plugged!!?
Now these Edelbrock ones have four holes on each side and the ones for the fuel on the bottom come straight out and the ones for the nitrous come down at them precisely...

Did you just get a basic kit online? are you planning a separate fuel management? Timing retards? all the other stuff that doesn't come with the kit or does this kit come with one crap ton of stuff?..

Honestly it’s been so long since I looked at it I would have to refresh my memory. Pretty sure the jetting is there for 200-600 horsepower hit. A Grid and msd6al is in the car and I bought a progressive. The car is and was already a nitrous combo and I think he ran everything off the big pump in the rear of the car. I will try to read up some over the weekend.

Honestly it’s been so long since I looked at it I would have to refresh my memory. Pretty sure the jetting is there for 200-600 horsepower hit. A Grid and msd6al is in the car and I bought a progressive. The car is and was already a nitrous combo and I think he ran everything off the big pump in the rear of the car. I will try to read up some over the weekend.
A 600 hit sounds like fun...

I figured a grand to get mine setup and thats with one carb. I'm with you on the whole nitrous bashing thing, I just don't get it, Its a power adder like any other one and just like any other it needs the proper parts, knowledge and tune to work and be efficient.
BTW you will need to put your bar back in lol, especially if we all make it to the track together this year, of course there is riverdale :D
First off "we" might make it to the track but I don't know how about "we all"
(YR)..:D:rolleyes:.. my wife was talking about me having to put the bar back in.. no problem the fish plates are still welded to the floor under the carpet... Firewall is still in place...
The only people I see bashing nitrous are the people who haven't tried it and are scared of what they don't know... :rolleyes:..

I love to make this comparison.. my snowmobile is 500 lb and has 160 + direct Port injected 2 stroke horsepower LOL that's like a 3000 pound car having 960 horsepower...

First off "we" might make it to the track but I don't know how about "we all"
(YR)..:D:rolleyes:.. my wife was talking about me having to put the bar back in.. no problem the fish plates are still welded to the floor under the carpet... Firewall is still in place...
The only people I see bashing nitrous are the people who haven't tried it and are scared of what they don't know... :rolleyes:..

I know quite few guys itching to hit the track with me, just got to get them all together. If things work out I might just go up to renegade and make my first runs with YR and I definitely want to do some camping and racing at riverdale. If it "ALL"works out there maybe some good times racing this summer.

I know quite few guys itching to hit the track with me, just got to get them all together. If things work out I might just go up to renegade and make my first runs with YR and I definitely want to do some camping and racing at riverdale. If it "ALL"works out there maybe some good times racing this summer.
I'll be at PIR this summer.. and likely Woodburn for the Mopar Nationals...

What a relief buying those Edelbrock plates.. they're so much better in every way..

I guess all you have to do now is make your mind up on what size jets to run for a 100shot...according to Eddy a 40n/40f is approx 100hp, 1 heat range colder plugs and 3>5 deg retard.:rolleyes:
I really need to get these carburetors that I just put on running correctly... After this next big order I've got plenty of wiring and hose work to do... Mounting the fuel tank regulators fuel pump solenoids wiring retard system new T handle with nitrous button LOL and all the activation switches and what not. Then I can buy a bottle and fill it...

Yeah, was much easier in my day....1 x 4bbl cheater kit, 1 x microswitch on carb, 1 extra fuel pump, 1 x extra reg. N20 Fuel pressure guage on cowl, Main on/off switch ..job done.

I guess all you have to do now is make your mind up on what size jets to run for a 100shot...according to Eddy a 40n/40f is approx 100hp, 1 heat range colder plugs and 3>5 deg retard.:rolleyes:
But you prob already have all this info
https://edelbrock-instructions-v1.s3.amazonaws.com/edelbrock/70090.pdf

this is the paper that came with the plates and I'm assuming it came with the square board Jets I haven't open the little packet yet.. right now my chart says I'm at 33 degrees all in and I know I backed it off because I was running less octane. I feel I can bump it back up to 35 and I have ran as much as 36 using 100 LL av gas. Right now with three gallons of 92 non ethanol and 1 gallon of 110 Sunoco I think it averages about 96 octane...
So I think I'm going to try and up my timing to 35 and see how things look and if that works I'll put the retard on 5 degrees retard... And of course start with the 50 shot in each carburetor...??
IMG_20200226_061655.jpg

The numbers I gave you were for their Dual Quad plate system, check it out.....those are no's for a single 4bbl kit I think, as a 125 shot for me was 52n/59f but that was rich of course on the f jet.....I would be inclined to run it low and work up on the advance not the other way, just me, but fuel quality makes the difference as well, only thing is with you is your not running the 1/4 or 1/8th? and cannot go by mph for tuning to get the best. You know the thing about timing and N20.

Last edited:
The numbers I gave you were for their Dual Quad plate system, check it out.....those are no's for a single 4bbl kit I think, as a 125 shot for me was 52n/59f but that was rich of course on the f jet.....I would be inclined to run it low and work up on the advance not the other way, just me, but fuel quality makes the difference as well, only thing is with you is your not running the 1/4 or 1/8th? and cannot go by mph for tuning to get the best. You know the thing about timing and N20.
Yes my plan was to creep up on the timing and go to the fattest setting first..
I plan on putting 110 Sunoco in the nitrous fuel tank only...

Went waaaayyyy down the slippery slope... Ordered another crap ton of stuff...
Should have everything I need withstanding some wire and fuel hose..
The question that raised in my mind was running soft hose for the fuel side? I know not more than a foot is allowed on your normal fuel for the engine..
Still need bottle, bracket, pressure gauge, and heating blanket.. more slipping...lol..

With my last order I'm certainly a little bit past what it would have cost me to buy a quote-unquote complete kit.... BUT... At least half or more of what I've spent would not have been in the kit..

Do you think there'll be an issue with soft line on my nitrous fuel stand-alone? I'm thinking maybe I have to get some Hardline and just connect everything with soft line..

Do you think there'll be an issue with soft line on my nitrous fuel stand-alone? I'm thinking maybe I have to get some Hardline and just connect everything with soft line..

You need to verify in the NHRA rule book about soft lines and how it's worded. I had to go to the D6 director years ago to get the retarded tech guys out of my hair.

The rule is (was anyway) no more than 16 inches of rubber line for connections (I've heard it's down to 12 inches now but I don't have a very current rule book) and that has nothing to do with lines that serve a purpose. Such as any line running from say a barrel valve down to an injector nozzle. That type of hose does NOT fall under that rule.

I'm not a fan of hard line. For one thing, a number 8 hose (1/2 inch) is bigger on its I.D. than the same number 8 metallic line is.

Also, I'm about positive all the hard lines you see on most stuff is seamless. That stuff flexes, moves around, is subject to vibrations and such and they can fail.

Well I finally think I can get to work on hooking up all this nitrous crap. I got my mega order of crap. LOL.. if the car would have been running better today I would have been a little bit more excited about it. It looks like the major pain will be getting the fuel cell in a comfortable spot. I just love carving into a brand new fuel cell and not verifying if it doesn't leak. I can almost already see I need to get different fittings for it..
IMG_20200228_111859.jpg
IMG_20200228_111850.jpg
IMG_20200228_111930.jpg

Remember this thread is titled nitrous plumbing A1A... I'm not trying to set the world on fire or get some kind of low ET..
(Though I wouldn't cry if it happened) I'm really just learning how to do this correctly. and as I've repeatedly said here half the stuff if not more that I'm buying does not come in one of those kits..

Last edited:
Now you've got some work to do.

Is that a 3 gallon cell? Mounting that up front is going to eat up some real estate!!!

If it's 1 gallon the picture is making it look big.

And all that wiring!!! WhooooooooHooooooooo.

Now you've got some work to do.

Is that a 3 gallon cell? Mounting that up front is going to eat up some real estate!!!

If it's 1 gallon the picture is making it look big.

And all that wiring!!! WhooooooooHooooooooo.
Cough cough... You know grass doesn't grow in the J Par camp..
IMG_20200228_170158.jpg
IMG_20200228_170213.jpg

Don't mind the blood I'll clean that up later..

-
Back