Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
Wholly hoseclamp. You would be getting kicked out of my local track.
Happy...
IMG_20200317_174916.jpg

Now that’s pretty
You're holy hose clamp kind of resonated with me a little bit and after looking at it I started saying holy hose clamp...
although I won't be getting rid of every last hose clamp I sure am going to cut down too likely a legal amount... I still plan the two and a half inch piece going from the tank to the fuel pump and probably a 2-inch piece coming out of the fuel pump. Also not showing yet from the regulator I plan to put up on the firewall real close to the fuel-cell on the return I'll probably have a 6 to 8 inch piece of hose.. I'm supposed to get the final hose peace tomorrow. I should be able to have the other majority of it done tomorrow and just be waiting to connect that last piece of the puzzle...

My set up for single carb back in the 80's. 1st ran a cheater kit on the 340 car, then a Big Shot kit on the 446 car.
2 x 1/2" outlets from tank, 2 x Holley Blue pumps, 1 for N20 fuel only, 2 x 1/2" lines (in-line filters) all the way up to regs, 1 reg for N20 fuel, 1 for carb with 3/8" lines. Micro switch activated on carb@WOT on the hit, 2 x Fuel guages set up on cowl. Ran like this for 3 years with up to a 250 shot, never tipped a plug (2 steps colder from stock for N20, NGK7's), no issues at all.
Don't necessarily need 2 pumps but if spraying 175+hp you need good reliable constant N20 fuel pressure to make power. The way I looked at it was if I'm running a 150 shot and running say 10.5's I'm gonna go up to a 200>225 shot to run 9's, you can tune the 150 shot to try and improve, (leaning things out) but 5/10ths is a lot to gain unless your way too rich or too much timing etc. Having that set up enables you to spray more as most end up doing, do it once. Never ran dual carbs.
I got the fuel pressure gauge where I can see it now...
IMG_20200318_134503.jpg
IMG_20200318_134616.jpg

Anyways... I was supposed to get the final piece of the fuel side plumbing today and USPS dropped the ball...
I did get the AN all in and installed the full throttle switch..
Now I can turn to the next phase... Electrical...
Now the real fun begins....

Anyways... I was supposed to get the final piece of the fuel side plumbing today and USPS dropped the ball...
I did get the AN all in and installed the full throttle switch..
Now I can turn to the next phase... Electrical...
Now the real fun begins....

So did you work all day or get some time on the car? The weather has turned. I need to get out of the chair and get some crap done in the shop.

So did you work all day or get some time on the car? The weather has turned. I need to get out of the chair and get some crap done in the shop.
I got time on the car and I actually went down and got some race fuel as well. I canceled all my work for the next couple weeks... You know I help people work on their hot rods and stuff like that and nothing is top priority it's just all fun stuff. Anyways I'm going to need a few days of concentration to get all that wiring done anyways..

I have my thoughts and findings let’s see if anyone else has to verify it.
I have had every liquid fuel pressure gauge take a crap, one I stored the car in an un-heated garage for the winter, the gauge would read, and appear correct, but actually was reading 3 psi high.
I will never buy another one, just use plain Autometer fuel pressure gauge and be done with it.

I could be a plumber I suppose. 2 foggers. May get a third eventually.

View attachment 1715489525
well I don't mean to start with 60 questions here but how long have you been using it? How much do you use? How much did you start with? How long have you been doing it? Do you use the same jet for the fuel as the nitrous? and go ahead and ask yourself about nine other questions and answer those as well! LOL... And thank you...

I have had every liquid fuel pressure gauge take a crap, one I stored the car in an un-heated garage for the winter, the gauge would read, and appear correct, but actually was reading 3 psi high.
I will never buy another one, just use plain Autometer fuel pressure gauge and be done with it.
I was pretty sure what Pittsburgh was alluding to LOL was that under temperature the gauges do fluctuate in their readings. Really my fuel system that I made is very standalone and can be ran without the engine on. I plan to circulate it and get a good pressure reading at about 6.5 and call it good. As far as me being able to see it from the driver's compartment it's more or less just knowing that I do have fuel pressure.... I do also have my low pressure switch I'll be using as a ground in line with my full throttle switch for my nitrous relay...

well I don't mean to start with 60 questions here but how long have you been using it? How much do you use? How much did you start with? How long have you been doing it? Do you use the same jet for the fuel as the nitrous? and go ahead and ask yourself about nine other questions and answer those as well! LOL... And thank you...
Every kit, every car, every tune is different. No, they are staggered jetting in each kit as needed. Let's just say, it''s a bunch in each kit. Been spraying all my cars since I was 16.

Every kit, every car, every tune is different. No, they are staggered jetting in each kit as needed. Let's just say, it''s a bunch in each kit. Been spraying all my cars since I was 16.
Thank you for that. So far I've got a few members that have used it chime in with some different ideas and like you said everybody runs it kind of differently.
Right now I'm looking for any major flaws in my plan?... And like others have done words of wisdom from their experience...

Thank you for that. So far I've got a few members that have used it chime in with some different ideas and like you said everybody runs it kind of differently.
Right now I'm looking for any major flaws in my plan?... And like others have done words of wisdom from their experience...

The only major flaw in your plan so far is that you are building a fuel system capable of running at the maximum level of your nitrous solenoid. Once you have fun and get used to that lower level you are planning, and see how easy it was, you will wonder what more feels like.
“Heck, the fuel system is ready. More octane, a little more timing retard, it will be fine.”
Everyone does it. Good luck with your self control. Of course, my car was a dog to begin with so I was way on the safe side with much less fail safe measures.
Looking forward to your first impressions review. I predict a huge smile or grin. The one that comes right before “hey, watch this.”

1991, going for a 9 sec run in the '69 car which was my final goal. Big Shot kit, 175hp jets....4800stall, 4.88's 32" tyre.
Hit it off the line as always...rpm went straight to 7000rpm...just managed to catch it going past 7400, hit 2nd...s^it the life out of me.
Went through the traps @7500+, not good with 6pk rods/pistons, motor was singing a very unusual song.
All ok but never did that again...ran 9.96...last ever run.
N20 is good but don't get carried away too quick, been running it for 3yrs and thought I was used to it, not so.
take care.:)

Okay last piece of the puzzle got here today. And I love those stories they're awesome!...
IMG_20200319_143931.jpg
IMG_20200319_144014.jpg

I should say the final piece of the fuel plumbing. At this point besides maybe a wiring relay and some buttons it should be the bottle of the gauge and a warming device...
Onward toward electrical.....

The only major flaw in your plan so far is that you are building a fuel system capable of running at the maximum level of your nitrous solenoid. Once you have fun and get used to that lower level you are planning, and see how easy it was, you will wonder what more feels like.
“Heck, the fuel system is ready. More octane, a little more timing retard, it will be fine.”
Everyone does it. Good luck with your self control. Of course, my car was a dog to begin with so I was way on the safe side with much less fail safe measures.
Looking forward to your first impressions review. I predict a huge smile or grin. The one that comes right before “hey, watch this.”
Yes this is kind of why I'm building the system up from the beginning. No sense wanting more and not being ready for it. I have far too much of an addictive personality and know myself too well...

-
Back