Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
IMG_4344.JPG

I just had one of my customers text me a bunch of stuff about airbaging his 63 Chevy.. I'm sure I'm going to get into a bunch of hard lines with that...

If you want to know any of the issues ive had with air bags.. id be happy to chat about it when ever you are ready.
Im on my third airbag build.

While i like the look, i can tell you. Never on my car, unless i was realy ritch and had all the cars i want.
Looking forward to learning along here with you. Stay well man.

Doing this with a 4-speed gets a little tricky.. in my mind I'm just thinking a little shot at the top of 3rd gear and 4th gear... At least to start..
Tricky????, just get a progressive controller and keep the right foot to the floor when shifting!!!,easy peasy lol:poke:

If you want to know any of the issues ive had with air bags.. id be happy to chat about it when ever you are ready.
Im on my third airbag build.

While i like the look, i can tell you. Never on my car, unless i was realy ritch and had all the cars i want.
Looking forward to learning along here with you. Stay well man.
He got back to me he's thinking end of the month or starting next month.. I already helped him convert from the three on the tree and the tube Driveline to a 5 speed overdrive out of an S10 and a regular Driveline with an S10 rear end.. he's a lowrider guy and wants the bags so it looks like I'll help him do whatever he wants to do.. extremely nice guy and I like working with him... I'm may hit you up for some consultation in a month or two and thank you for the offer..

Might ease your mind a little @j par
I was really impressed.

I watched that about a week ago.. trust me I've been doing my homework and watching videos and reading everything I can find... Funny part is none of it is here on this forum..
And absolutely no where have I found "nitrous plumbing A1A"...
You get recommendations for this and you get I've done this, but no where is there a you need this part you need that part you need this part.....
Don't go buying one of those nitrous kits thinking that everything that you need is there by a long shot!...

I told you how it works. They don’t want guys like you calling everyday for parts that are going on a shelf anyway.
Well guys like me called yesterday and guys like me woke up to a confirmation email that they'll be here on Friday...
I believe the squeaky wheel gets the oil and the closed mouths don't get fed...
I don't play when these vendors have my money... when Speedmaster sent me those Ford heads believe me they got a call every morning at 8 and we were on a first-name basis... I had a Ford set of heads and then sent back and then my Mopar heads in 1/3 of the time that some people took just to get there Mopar heads... "Homie don't play that!".....

How the nitrous has The Purge I was thinking of some kind of way to purge the fuel is well? I reckon it would be circulating close to the solenoid if I did it that way but still I would like to know that it is actually spraying.. in my mind I had like a button I could push that would activate the fuel side and just tap it a little bit and have the motor bog down or watch my wideband O2 sensor go rich for a second...??

I’m glad I can’t remember how much I spent on all my nitrous stuff. Hopefully I finally get to push the button this year. I even bought a scale and 5 sets of NGK spark plugs that are sitting on my shelf. By time I wire the MSD7, Grid, progressive, RacePak, and nitrous in my head will be spinning.

I’m glad I can’t remember how much I spent on all my nitrous stuff. Hopefully I finally get to push the button this year. I even bought a scale and 5 sets of NGK spark plugs that are sitting on my shelf. By time I wire the MSD7, Grid, progressive, RacePak, and nitrous in my head will be spinning.
I think the real joke is on the people who think they're going to buy one of these kits and off they go! LOL..
So Wonder people are so scared of it there's one hell of a lot to learn..
That's the biggest part of me doing it though so I don't get bored...

I put quick disconnect crimp connectors on my solenoids.
To purge and check your fuel solenoid simply unplug the Nitrous solenoid wires. Start your car, arm your system and activate it (I just press my WOT switch) and the extra fuel will either stall or bog down the engine. Do this at idle...
As far as plumbing, what size line are you running from your bottle?
Typical small kits use a -4an (which is what your previous inquiry of the N20 PSI gauge is spec’d out for).
Larger kits use a -6an line from the bottle to solenoid.

I put quick disconnect crimp connectors on my solenoids.
To purge and check your fuel solenoid simply unplug the Nitrous solenoid wires. Start your car, arm your system and activate it (I just press my WOT switch) and the extra fuel will either stall or bog down the engine. Do this at idle...
As far as plumbing, what size line are you running from your bottle?
Typical small kits use a -4an (which is what your previous inquiry of the N20 PSI gauge is spec’d out for).
Larger kits use a -6an line from the bottle to solenoid.
I'm going to use the four n a as I'm not looking to shoot my eye out LOL...
I like your idea even better instead of having juice go to the fuel solenoid and having a purge button maybe just having a disconnect switch for the nitrous or leaving it unarmed and checking the fuel first and then arming the nitrous as far as turning on the bottle and stuff like that.. I've got to have an Purge kit for the nitrous I mean what's the point LOL being as it's more for show than go in a lot of cases and just for my learning and being able to be knowledgeable about the subject..

Doing a little research on the nitrous bottle.. a used one popped up on Craigslist with a bunch of accommodating parts..
So I called the place that fills bottles and ask them about certifications? they referred me to a place here in town that does the certifications.. it cost $40 and there's a 24-hour turnaround generally. The certification is for five years..
So I called the guy about his nitrous parts and the best he could find was a stamp that said something about 1999 LOL.. he said the bottle is full and he's had it for a couple years and it came in a car as part of a package deal and was not hooked up. so it looks like this has been full for a long time and been bounced around from person to person. Obviously I thanked him for his time and got off the phone.. likely I'll buy new but if a good deal comes along on a certified tank that's another story as well.. he also had some NOS solenoids which are a little bit more expensive than the Zex and I know you can buy rebuild kits for them..
Anyways I'm going to pass on the deal but still take it as some more good research...

Well them damn nitrous plates should be here any time now...
I've had ups show up as late as 7:55 LOL..
I may have to hit the purge button sooner than I thought...lol...

I think I will get my flow tool, spark plug reader, scale, and purge kit out over the weekend. I haven’t touched it in three years since I bought it. Lol

-
Back