Occupation?

-
I am a chief Engineer at a hospital. Been there for 20 years.

Was a machinist in the navy, tried it as a civilian, that sucked. Been a mechanic for many moons now I am an engineer and love slave to my wife

I am the owner and engineer of a company that builds these things.

152.jpg

x trucker, x millwright, current maintenance mechanic for one of the big 3 tobacco co's. part time body and paint man. jerk of all trades master of none.

Apprentice heavy duty mechanic, can't quite tell if my hands bleed more from the equipment at work or the Dart, but I can tell you where I get my money from and where it goes to.

Design and machine master die models for manufacturing facility that assembles all kinds of cabs, recreational vehicles, plastic, composite, and agricultural stuff. I program all the 5 axis equipment with a Cam program called mastercam.

www.ablemfg.com

x-electronics tech...x-hvac tech...now an orthotics and prosthetics tech and I love it.

Student and car detailer during the summer at the best bodyshop in my town =)

Mechanic for a Chrysler dealer and a Mazda, Subaru, Volkwagon dealer, Midas and a Corvette speedshop in the mid to late 90's.

737 Final Assy late 90's

Microsoft early to mid 2000,s,

Verizon Wireless data support 2004-2007

Cobalt Group 2007 present We support 9000 car dealer websites, accounts, inventory issues, Domains, email hosting etc.

we have 6000 GM websites and accounts, DOH,

Journeyman Carpenter for 25 years mostly finishing work now -anybody need a new kitchen ? work here ends any week now

R-E-T-I-R-E-D newspaper production supervisor/foreman. Twenty-four years at the San Francisco Chronicle and sixteen, before that, at the Des Moines (Iowa) Register and Tribune. Retired at 65 in 2004 and moved back to Arkeysaw, my ROOTS....... Hillbilly at heart, I guess... (insert "Deliverance" theme here...):rock:

Sure is nice to be home!:cheers:

12 years off and on as a truck driver also in ministry working with kids. And now! I am a drug and alcohol counselor in a State Prison

I am a Mechanical Integration Engineer at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. I work on hardware supporting the Hubble Space Telescope Servicing Mission 4 (which will launch later this year) and the ELC (a mission to provide flight spare components for the International Space Station).

Before this job I worked at the Naval Research Laboratory In Washington, DC designing spacecraft and related items for the Navy's space program and a private spacecraft company (Orbital Sciences Corporation in Dulles, VA for 3 years) in between.

I was a Chevrolet Certified Technician in 1981 and had worked in the auto repair business from 1978 to 1986 before I went to engineering school (Maryland).

My son likes to tell folks I am a "rocket scientist" , but I correct him and tell them I am an engineer who builds the stuff that is launched on top of the rockets. These items are generally dreamed up by rocket scientists.

Mostly interesting work, but can be boring and pain in the A$$ at times.

I think I have one of the best jobs a car guy could want. By trade I'm a machine toolbuilder. Since 1995 I've been building metal cutting machines that do all of the cylinder block machining starting out with a almost raw casting and when it's finished you have a finished cylinder block ready for the honing machines. When you're done assembling this massive transfer machine or machining centers you get to run them off for the customer to prove that they pass a capability run for quality. Some of these machines are 100 feet long and have several stations that do different operations. The finish machines are pretty amazing. Finished crank bores are held .012 microns in diameter and straight within .015 microns from front to rear. Some of these machines produce a engine block every 23 seconds. A typical block line might have 10 transfer machines to take the block from rough to finish. Last year I join Detroit Diesel Corp after working on the install of there new machining centers for a 15.0 liter block line. Each machining center cost 1 million dollars with all of the tooling. So I get to spend my day walking around a modern engine plant having a part in what makes the world move. Jayson

12 years off and on as a truck driver also in ministry working with kids. And now! I am a drug and alcohol counselor in a State Prison

I did wind tunnel testing for Grumman Aerospace, mostly at the Low Speed Wind Tunnel (take-off and landing configs), and some testing at the High Speed Wind Tunnel facility (transonic, supersonic, and hypersonic). It was great.

I then became a manager at LILCO (power company) in the Energy Management Division.

I now write and edit technical reports, mostly in the medical field.

-
Back