offset shakles vs. kit

-

grassy

Reaction score
I am now a bit nervous about moving the rear springs on a '75 duster with a kit after reading many of the posts here. My skill level with a welder/fabricator ( I have the kit) is 0 and I am very new to this stuff.

I have seen offset shakle kits that seem do the same. I cannot see how the bent shackles pieces change the location of the pivot end. Lastly, are they same to use ?

Way behine on the build and in too much pain to acomplish anything at the moment...

Grassy

I was in the same boat as you. I did want to do a complete relocation kit but did not want to attack the frame.
Grab a Offset kit from DR DIFF. I have installed it on my car and it does make a diffrence and is a very easy install. Yes, you will have to get someone to weld the relocated perches on.
Glad I did it.

If your not going to mini tub it there is no need for the relocation kit. Offset kit will give you the room you need. All you need to do is cut the perches off and weld them back on in the new spot.

Ever stand in the garage when no one is around..the car is in pieces ...and you think "what the he** did I get myself into ?"...and we are so far behind because by body is broken..and I cannot bounce of any ideas because esentially no one around is into hands on with older Mopars..

No, no mini tubbing.

69Dart...is this the product ?

Mopar A-body .5 offset spring hanger/shackle suspension (1/2″ front eye holes)
Ends: 14.10.11 02:48:35
Price: 160.00 USD

Burnt Orange, do you have a link to jegs or another company so I can see what you are suggesting..somethimes I have trouble visualizing.

Thanks you.
ian.

You can get it through sumit or jegs or mancini. Made buy MP called a offset spring hanger and shackles kit.

Mancici has it under

Part # P4120077/P120075

And comes with a free set of spring seats.

If you are going to buy a 3/4" relocation kit, buy it from Dr.Diff. Nice parts, no frame cutting and less expensive than the MP kit.

But still involves some welding as the perches need to be moved. It's really too bad your so far away on the other coast,as I would gladly help you out and do the welding for you.

Is there a welding shop nearby? You can have the spring perches relocated for the shackles and your good to go.

Thanks guys..as usual, tons of good info. My next job is find someone who is willing to work (weld) on the car in my garage. I think they have all moved to Alberta :) The part be is to see where I can find some $s.

Meanwhile, I am cleaning sand out of everywhere when I can work.

Lots to think about.

Thanks
Ian.

But still involves some welding as the perches need to be moved. It's really too bad your so far away on the other coast,as I would gladly help you out and do the welding for you.

Is there a welding shop nearby? You can have the spring perches relocated for the shackles and your good to go.

Yes, actually 2 within a couple of miles from me but the car is on it's side and it took a lot to get it there..boy, it is heavy...

Actually, it would be reallypleasant to have someone close with the same Mopar hobby.

Ian :)

Im closer than all other but have the skill to help you out
my brother do all the welding on my car
sorry

Bob

Thanks Bob. My brother in law welds but will not do this because my kids will be driving the car. I have a line on another guy. Forever hopeful :)

Ian.

-
Back