Oh the cars I should have kept.......

-

Was pretty badass in high school. Wish i had em both back. Maybe not 70 or 71 value, but still cool rides. Bought a 73 318 challenger about 3 yrs ago for $2500. Guy offered me $6k untouched. Had to let it go. Nice money, but id still like to find another..

1)57 BelAir 4dr hardtop283PG--my 1st. bought in spring of 69 for $395Can. I was 16.
2)70 Swinger 340-4spd,Pink,bought in fall of '70 for $2400Can. It had 11000miles on the clock.This was my hi-school car. Pass the hat around for gas-money and take some fellow students out for scary ride!That car was pretty peppy, but was tricky to keep under control cornering/turning (and thats being kind). I eventually mastered that beast(mostly). I had to be really fast, cause if I slept, it was going its own way.A lotta guys didn't come back for seconds.My nickname in grade 11 was Ditcher.The second motor(under warranty) was sloow. I sold the car in '75. Never saw it again...
3)65 Valiant wagon. Put a 340/904 2bbl,in her w/Fenderwells. Smokin' hot in '75
4)69 Barracuda /6AT. Green w/white int. Hopped it up a bit. Went pretty good
5)74 DartSport 360-4spd. That TQ really moaned.
6)71 Demon 318/904. That was a fun DD!
7)69 Cuda340-4spd.bought in 82 for $1300. Now on the backburner.Rough shape.

Lots of other cars came in between and after, none memorable.
None of these were worth much;then or now.But every one was a ton-o-fun.

1)57 BelAir 4dr hardtop283PG--my 1st. bought in spring of 69 for $395Can. I was 16.
2)70 Swinger 340-4spd,Pink,bought in fall of '70 for $2400Can. It had 11000miles on the clock.This was my hi-school car. Pass the hat around for gas-money and take some fellow students out for scary ride!That car was pretty peppy, but was tricky to keep under control cornering/turning (and thats being kind). I eventually mastered that beast(mostly). I had to be really fast, cause if I slept, it was going its own way.A lotta guys didn't come back for seconds.My nickname in grade 11 was Ditcher.The second motor(under warranty) was sloow. I sold the car in '75. Never saw it again...
3)65 Valiant wagon. Put a 340/904 2bbl,in her w/Fenderwells. Smokin' hot in '75
4)69 Barracuda /6AT. Green w/white int. Hopped it up a bit. Went pretty good
5)74 DartSport 360-4spd. That TQ really moaned.
6)71 Demon 318/904. That was a fun DD!
7)69 Cuda340-4spd.bought in 82 for $1300. Now on the backburner.Rough shape.

Lots of other cars came in between and after, none memorable.
None of these were worth much;then or now.But every one was a ton-o-fun.

That's a really long list. I better get busy! lol

I found my 73 Challenger a year or so ago. It was 35 or so years. It looked pretty good on the outside but every panel had bad cancer. I passed.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 215
Wish I had them all! But I really would only wish for two.
1) My first car 1970 Charger 500 383 auto on floor P/S P/B A/C Orig purple with white top and interior. Would like to have close to stock for a cruiser. Paid $1200 in 1985.
2) 1969 Road Runner 383 4 speed build as a fun sick toy! Paid $800 in 1988.
What would $2000 get me now????

View attachment DSC02680.jpg

View attachment DSC02681.jpg

I found my 73 Challenger a year or so ago. It was 35 or so years. It looked pretty good on the outside but every panel had bad cancer. I passed.

OMG that pic looks almost familiar to me because I have one almost exactly like that now and its about the same shape as the pic except totally rust free throughout and a white vinyl top.

73 B1 challenger ....who would have thought.

this thread reminds me why I hoard and don't sell cars. I have not been in the car world near as long as some here because I was born in the mid-80s but I fear I will regret selling one if I do.

I did sell a 69 and a 72 dart years ago that I shouldn't have but I have since replaced them.

I sold a 70 cuda that I do not regret and I am actually glad now I did. Some cars have bad memories attached to them and when that happens, regardless of what kind of car it is, it has to go.

I parted some C-bodies I suppose I shouldn't have but they live on through their big blocks powering A-bodies now :D

1970 Plum Crazy Duster 340 I drove off the showroom floor. Cost $100/month for 3 years.
Drove the wheels off it while in the Navy- 50K in three years and sold it when the Arab oil embargo hit. Never got to do the mods I wanted to do- 3.91 SG/purple cam/headers/etc.

Then the pre-Navy cars were sixes that I converted to V-8's with dual exhaust, standard trans, and floor shifters- A '59 Ford and a '61 Impala.

Hows the engine build going, Ragtoptfury?

It is done and running damn quick. Still have to get the carb dialed in, but otherwise she is a beast. I'll find my other thread and update it there, as to not get too far off topic here... And for the record, I won't let Jake end up in this thread - decided when we built his 65 2 years ago that if he ever gets stupid and wants to sell it, I'm buying him out!

I regret not taking pics of the cars I've owned. The last 2 haven't been a problem.

Formula 455 4 speed car, this thing was badass!!!...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 146
i must've liked those yellow headlights huh??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 123
OMG that pic looks almost familiar to me because I have one almost exactly like that now and its about the same shape as the pic except totally rust free throughout and a white vinyl top.

73 B1 challenger ....who would have thought.
Is yours a Rally car? Does it have strobe stripes? Mine did. Somebody after me took them off. They probably weren't available then.

I see mostly Mopars---Hate to post brand X.
But------My 1962 Impala SS 409 4 speed, the car I got married in.
And------the best of the three 1955 Bel-Air 2 D hardtops I built.
The last one was a one owner 265 powerpac 3 speed with OD factory.
It left me with a cherried body, gunmetal gray Imron paint, metallic blue
diamond tucked interior and a mild 327 4V with a muncie 4 speed.
Got broke and needed groceries for the family. Because of how it went
down, I will never build another one-it would "never match my sweet imagination"
My notch will exceed my expectations and then on to the Dart------
Cheers-DR:burnout:

Hard to pick just one. my first car, 1973 Gremlin X with 360 and 4speed, two V8 Vegas, but my 1969 Mach 1 I really miss, driving that car was fun, 1956 Chevy 150 327, cragars, loved the looks but was big and rode like a truck, 1976 Firebird with trans am shaker, Loved driving that one, handled like it was on rails. Had a hotrod 1970 Duster with a transplant 340, that was a great car. But as much as I loved them all, I think I like my 1971 Duster 340 more and have owned it a lot longer than all the others, 22 years already.

68 Charger R/T 440/727/4:10 Dana....White with Green interior. Would throw a 10 foot high flame out the carb. I was 17 and didn't know squat about engines at the time and sold it for..........$150. Idiot.
71 demon, /6. Used more oil than gas. Gave it to my brother when I was deployed.
70 Javelin 360 SST. Couldn't keep an alternator in it to save my life...sold it for $200.
73 Ventura with a 65 GTO 389 4 speed. It had a 74 GTO nose on it. Lot of fun to drive till I spun the bearings".....Sold for $350.

65 Barracuda 273 4spd, Gold. - 63 Impala SS 327 A/T,Green - 68 Road Runner 383 4spd, Green - 69 Super Bee A12 4spd, Bronze.
Would love to have them all back in the stable !!

-
Back