Oil pressure gauge - hotwire harness

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Anyone running the hotwire harness here and also have a oil pressure gauge? I have speedhut gauges which came with a pressure sender that fits perfectly in to the existing oil pressure sender spot. However there is a connector as part of the harness which I assume the ECU needs to see. i am running remote lines so is there anywhere else I can put an oil pressure unit or does the ECu not need to see oil pressure?

It's a bit annoying as I want to physically see what my oil pressure is not just have it go to an ecu. I know this was the case with the engine temp sensor so I'm guessing this will be the same.

I have the Hotwire Auto Hotrod harness on my '68 with a 5.9 Magnum & OBDII ECU. I only had to hook up 4 wires to make it work. Oil pressure and water temperature don't hook up to my Hotwire harness. I also didn't have to use the starter solenoid wire on the harness. I left the original wiring for the starter. I love the set-up.

I have seen guys T off the pressure/temp sender on the front of motor. You could also T off your remote line somewhere.

As long as this is a related thread- the oil ports that you are using for your remote filter. Is the bottom pressure and top return? I have a sender in the bottom port, and a plug in the top. Was thinking I could just put the sender for my dash gauge in the top, then realized that may not work because it wont see pressure if its the return port.

I have seen guys T off the pressure/temp sender on the front of motor. You could also T off your remote line somewhere.

As long as this is a related thread- the oil ports that you are using for your remote filter. Is the bottom pressure and top return? I have a sender in the bottom port, and a plug in the top. Was thinking I could just put the sender for my dash gauge in the top, then realized that may not work because it wont see pressure if its the return port.

If I can get a Tee piece to run both senders off (Dodge ram one for the ECU and the one for the speedhut gauge) would be better than tapping in to my oil lines as they are braided and already made.

I have same setup hotwire and speedhut just T off the sending units do not T off your temp sending units you will have problems leave your ECM sending unit in factory location and get a tapped water knock and put your gauge there

I have the Hotwire Auto Hotrod harness on my '68 with a 5.9 Magnum & OBDII ECU. I only had to hook up 4 wires to make it work. Oil pressure and water temperature don't hook up to my Hotwire harness. I also didn't have to use the starter solenoid wire on the harness. I left the original wiring for the starter. I love the set-up.

jbc, I've got a 6.4 with a Hot Rod harness in my 70 Dart, so sooner or later I'm going to have to deal with this, so please tell me more or post a picture, etc.
retroron

jbc, I've got a 6.4 with a Hot Rod harness in my 70 Dart, so sooner or later I'm going to have to deal with this, so please tell me more or post a picture, etc.
retroron

Your harness and plug-ins are different than my older 5.9 Magnum's wiring. You will need to consult with folks with posts like the one just above this to get harness specific answers. In general though, they are similar.

Just keep in mind that each sensor and component only sends a range of specific voltages to the ECU. Having a pin-out diagram of your motor, ECU and harness handy will be critical. The Hemi wiring diagrams are more involved and complex.

Another issue that I avoided having to deal with by using a native 5 speed ECU, is that I am not running a computer controlled automatic. I installed a non-computer controlled 4 speed automatic with lock-up torque converter. the same transmission and torque converter will bolt up to your 6.4 Hemi.

I have same setup hotwire and speedhut just T off the sending units do not T off your temp sending units you will have problems leave your ECM sending unit in factory location and get a tapped water knock and put your gauge there

Just to clarify Logan, are you saying it's fine to run a tee off for the oil pressure for both the ECU fitting and then one for my oil pressure gauge?

Yes mate, you can do that!

-
Back