One Hour at a Time !!!

-

TXDart

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Now that spring is finally here and it does not get dark till 8:30 pm,I have devoted 1 hour minimum on my darts after work.
I been main concentrating on my 63 GT.
In this past week I sanded and painted my small bolt ralleys,got tires mounted and balanced (traded the rice burner rims that came on my 66 dart for new tires 215/70-14).
Removed gas tank ,PO screwed up the sending unit pickup and drilled a hole in the bottom of the tank and screwed a fitting in the bottom...
Installed new tank and sending unit and replaced all the rubber fuel lines.
Fixed drivetrain vibration,PO had the tri union rebuilt and drive shaft balanced and with rear tires in the air that driveshaft looked warped.Ujoint on rear was not center in the straps to the rear end..Easy fix !!!
I replaced the brakes front and rear last year with wheel cylinders,shoes and master cylinder,so I finally bleed the brakes.
This slant six purrs !!!
Just drove it around the block.
No it is time to fix my rear lights !!! So I get it inspected and plates and it will be my daily driver...
On my 68 dart,I pulled the carb and put a rebuild one I have on it.
Tomorrow after work I will be installing a ignition switch in it and working on the fuel system,dropping tank,cleaning and replacing rubber lines,I already got her running off carb cleaner,she been sitting 12 years.
No longer waiting for weekends to get stuff done !!!

Attachments

• DSCN1124.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCN1133.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN1132.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCN1131.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCN1129.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN1128.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCN1127.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN1125.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 286
Just completed my hour for today.Went to gas station and got 2 more gallons of gas to put in the 63.Pulled the fuse to tailights and it was no good.Pulled rear lens,replaced bulbs and cleaned out the comb webs.Got lights now !!! Two more laps around the block...

Attachments

• DSCN1135.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCN1134.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 285
It was sitting in a field 2 years ago !
It will get there one day,just making it driver for now.

It,s amazing how much you can get done once you have a plan,just ask how I know LOL.That 63 is a very cool car!:D

It,s amazing how much you can get done once you have a plan,just ask how I know LOL.That 63 is a very cool car!:D
Thanks Scott,
Your 66 has been apart and back together pretty darn quick,Just not making any more excuses and get things done on all them !!!

Glad to see you got it up and driving! Looks like it's in pretty good shape. Seeing yours up and running makes me wanna hurry the hell up and get mine driving again.

I did that last year- 1 hour to at least do something.
Made pretty good progress,

I'm a project manager at work, and while every one else is making excuses as to why they can't do something or why it isnt done, or making promises that it will be started or finished soon. I'm turing in spreadsheets showing a progress point this week, and a comparison to last week, etc, and an estimate of a completion date at this rate of work.

It's amazing how many people just don't get that.

She's really coming along nicely TXDart. :thumblef:
I hear you on that "1 hour at a time" plan. In the same boat myself. Every bit helps...as an added bonus, I find that it helps me relax after the long days in the office. So really a win-win!

Pat

Being able to actually devote a block of time is the way to go. If you don't invariably something else will always pop up and use that time. This weekend is a perfect example. "Dear, I am spending the weekend cleaning and detailing car parts". Now to get my butt outside and follow through lol..

grant

For my Saturday(got a good fours hours work done) after work yesterday I fixed the 63 brake lights and speedometer.
Then started on my recently purchased 68 Dart.I cleaned the gas tank and put fresh gas in it and replaced all fuel hoses and installed new fuel filter.
Next I dealt with the No power to ignition switch and bulk head connectors look good,Wiggled harness inside and outside...Well after disassembling everything to gain access to amp gauge I went to sleep.In the morning,I hear a noise in the dart and it was the blower motor running and as I walked around the car I noticed the brake light on.(car has no brakes pedal on the floor)I forgot to turn the ignition switch off.I started her up and watched the amp gauge and see was bouncing around,Checked battery voltage and it was at 11.5 volts (understandable I drained that battery and voltage was at 9.6 volts out of the alternator.I did not get to check above idle because the power steering pump was screaming I need fluid.I shut her off,I figured it was time to re route the alternator wire to the starter relay and bypass the amp gauge.
As I have learned on FABO :
http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges2.shtml
Well did not get to finish due to having my 97 Sebring for sale and I having to show it at my shop to four different people....Finally the first called back and bought it.
Uncle San may not be too disappointed,I now have most of his money.
Here some pictures of my fun on my 68 Dart .
Hope to finish wiring it up after work tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCN1142.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN1144.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN1115.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 156
Not a lot to report.
Finished the wiring and ordered a battery tray(Monday) for the 67,Now to get the bolts out !!!
Got the one on the core support out and soaking the others till tomorrow when I bring more tools from the shop after work.May have to drill them out !!!
The battery must of been leaking acid for many years...
I got a steering wheel on my 63 Gt yesterday,it was going on my 66 dart but that column is screwed up.

Attachments

• DSCN1149.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN1151.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 130
Shades of my distant past, I had a red '63 many many years ago. I went through a few of /6's, and then got the wild idea to put a 273 Commando and 4 speed in it. After all was said and done, I thought I had the baddest hot rod on the planet. It didn't take long to sheel the 7 1/4" rear axle, which was replaced with a junkyard 8 3/4. Alas, things were much more simple back then. LOL

Glad to see you got it up and driving! Looks like it's in pretty good shape. Seeing yours up and running makes me wanna hurry the hell up and get mine driving again.
Hey I have not talk to you in awhile,hope everything is okay !

I like the 63 Dart front ends. Looking good.
Thanks,Trade ya for your 64.LOL

Shades of my distant past, I had a red '63 many many years ago. I went through a few of /6's, and then got the wild idea to put a 273 Commando and 4 speed in it. After all was said and done, I thought I had the baddest hot rod on the planet. It didn't take long to sheel the 7 1/4" rear axle, which was replaced with a junkyard 8 3/4. Alas, things were much more simple back then. LOL
I hear ya and everything was cheaper too !!!

Well got all but one bolt out of the 68 battery tray !!!
Still soaking the last one and going to give it a try tomorrow evening...
Well I took the 63 GT for a cruise out of the neighborhood and up the road to our local store.I been putting gas in this car with 2 gallon gas can,so I decided to put some gas in her.I run my credit card and it prompts me if I want a car wash,so I decide to go with the works because I get that under car wash...
I put in about half a tank of gas and pull around to Laser Wash,I run the code on the receipt and proceed to pull in slowly to get that under car wash and now I am thinking this is a bad idea,thinking that it is spraying my distributor...
Well it all goes well and she is still purring as the machine sprays soap all over,here comes the pressure spray and I am looking front and back and side to side and no leaks.
Well in order to get that under car wash it gave me clear coat protectant and color polish....I was laughing about that.Well it is time to drive out slowly to get that jet blow dry and as it hit the cowl vent,I had both boxes opened it blew leaves all over the place,I had about a lap full and all over my shirt...I pull all the way out and brushed myself off and look to the left at one the gas pump it one of our local sheriffs...OOPS
Got to go,No tags,no inspection and no insurance.
Need to call my agent Monday.
This store only 2 miles from my house and the car runs great,I am going to put it on my trailer so I can take to my shop to get her on my lift to change the oil and service the transmission,I will get the tags and inspection this week and start driving it everyday.

-
Back