One of the coolest non-mopar builds I have seen in a while!

-
Damn Son..... That boy has some SKILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen V-Rods before, but this is a build of F`in EPIC proportions. To tackle all the electronics and technology of the Lexus and stuff it NEATLY and ELEGANTLY into that old VW is simply amazing. And the metal work.... Wow. I can't wait to see this one done. I might have to subscribe just so I can tell this guy he's an awesome fabricator. One board member over there said it should be a Discovery Channel feature.

This is monumental Car **** JR.... Thank You. :cheers:

Two cups of coffee and I am amazed to no end, I feel the same way FASTBACK :-D Very tempting to jump in and thank him for sharing so many skills and imagination, I got worried when he said it will never get dun after getting married, Thank you for bringing this to the table and sharing with us J.R. I am glad you are addicted to car ****.=P~

I can't wait to see this done. If you think about what he is going to have when its completed, he won't have alot of money in it. Not to metion all of the comforts of the LS400.

This guy is a true craftsman in that shop. You just don't see much of that level work today.

A true genius and artist!
Outstanding find JR!
Just the kind of motivation I need to read about.
If I ever get back on my feet, I have several projects that need
my attention.
Can you guess what the black body is?

P9120033.jpg

P9120034.jpg

Awesome skills and what a bonas to have a c-n-c machine and all the right tools. That would be soo much fun!! Very cool.

Great skills! Some guy did a squashed bug out here in Colorado, Grand Junction I think that was featured in Hot Rod. Found it! I like the Irish guy's project much better though. I think it's the front engine look that's makes it. Plus, like John said, the integration of the Lexus electronics makes it a much more "finished" piece.

ScreenHunter_03 Oct. 25 11.46.jpg

Here's one that this guy built in his own garage right here in the US. Serious skills. He even hand make the aluminum body:

ScreenHunter_06 Oct. 25 11.57.jpg

ScreenHunter_05 Oct. 25 11.56.jpg

ScreenHunter_04 Oct. 25 11.56.jpg

A true genius and artist!
Outstanding find JR!
Just the kind of motivation I need to read about.
If I ever get back on my feet, I have several projects that need
my attention.
Can you guess what the black body is?

At first glance I wanna say it's an Alfa or a vette but I'm pretty sure it isn't a vette.

That was amazing,long thread didin't have time to read it all ,bookmarked for later.Like waiting to get back to a good book to see the end,can't wait. Thanks for the link.8)

Awesome build.
Kicker is it doesn't seem like rocket science, just the right tools, a clear place to work and some time. His approach, at least for the frame work, is very repeatable. The body chop, etc would take some more work, and talent, but the frame does not appear so scary. This will come in very handy, as I am going to build a frame for my 75 Colt, this is a great idea.

THANKS for posting this!

I've only finished the first page. Had to stop because of internet issues preventing P2 from loading. :disgust:

I will say that he is one abitious individual. Making a frame has always scared me. Being a mechanical engineer I am too obsessed with specs and tight tolerances (+/- .001) and figure that I could never get one square enough. (So, how "square" is a car anyway?)

I'd like to ask how he calculated where to mount the upper and lower A-arm mounting bars ... how far they should "stick out" from those cool upper mounts that he fabricated. The position where he welded those solid bars will dictate the caster angle for the front wheels. Did he even bother to calculate the optimum caster or did he just poke the bar in the mount and say "hmmm ... little more ... little more ... too much ... that looks good."

-
Back