ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 68 gts

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
1968 Dart GTS 383
00J0J_kC5lh7QSCwM_600x450.jpg

01515_9VcOwCukJ76_600x450.jpg

Looks like nice stuff and done correctly.

It's a beautiful car, but not 90K beautiful IMO. It sits too high in the back also....

Except for the drum brake master cylinder.

That's not a drum brake master & is found on many disc brake cars. Mine had one too!

Posting a lot of good pictures of a well restored car and asking $90k for it yet the interior shot of the front seat and dash has mud/dirt on the carpet/heel pad?? The seller spends year(s) restoring the car but can't spend 2 minutes to vacuum or wipe the carpet?

good Lord! WOW is that sweet - :thumbsup: - for once, I can almost see the asking price as being legit - he'll probably never get it - but I bet there is someone out there that'll go over 75k for it..

Well as they say, there is an *** for every seat. i recently saw an ad for a 1969 Dodge Dart Big Block on Pa Craigslist. The car was a converted 6 cylinder, multiple colored car due to boltong on different trunk lids, doors, etc. The person was asking $12,500. I thought "too much for that piece of Chit" the next post was a very well restored GTS with paint, full interior for $18,500. I remember thinking, for "6 grand more, you have a nice car." I dont know what they are thinking passing off a piece of crap for $12,500 just because it has a 383/727 in it.

Posting a lot of good pictures of a well restored car and asking $90k for it yet the interior shot of the front seat and dash has mud/dirt on the carpet/heel pad?? The seller spends year(s) restoring the car but can't spend 2 minutes to vacuum or wipe the carpet?
Actually, the whole thing is very dusty/dirty. Look at the underhood picture. You'd think that with that much money spent they could at least detail the car before taking the photos.

Looks really well done and that's all will say about another craigslist ad. Don't wanna get this one locked out too.

Looks really well done and that's all will say about another craigslist ad. Don't wanna get this one locked out too.

Why would this get locked. It's just a WIW type thread.

The market is not at $90K for 383 4spd 68 Darts GTS's. Even if it had numbers motor, trans, and buildsheet which it does not state it does.

It's a very nice resto. But for $120K invested I would expect a nicer resto. I don't know where the NOS parts are, I see lots of PG classic stuff.

8000 mile, 383 4spd hardtop, non numbers motor, no rust..... I would want to see pre restoration pictures. Those clues lend to higher than average probability it was a drag car. Drag cars tend not to have rust, but have wheel wells cut, roll cage, fenderwells cut, etc. Not saying this car has any or all of that stuff. But you want to look out for those items.

Just had a conversation with another member on my 68 GTS. He was looking to buy one and I responded to his thread that I was considering on moving my car this fall. I was thinking 47k or so. Numbers matching, documents, resto pics etc. We exchanged our opinions back and forth via PM in a cordial way. Bottom line, it's what the market will bear. In Phoenix, just prior to auction season which is in January the market is hot. Lots of money buyers. Europeans and Japanese buyers. Market starts heating up in September and falls off after April.

Also, FYI, A good time to get a really good deal in this area is in later February-March. A lot of the snow birds have cars down here and the SBs planning not to ever return put their cars up for sale. I've seen some really nice cars foe really reasonable prices.

Also, IMHO, the car listed above was probably a Krylon, rolling resto.

-
Back