Opinions on slicks?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I have been eyeing the Hoosier quick time pro tire for a while now. Does anyone have any experience with these. I have a 400 hp small
Block with ss springs and adjustable shocks. I was wondering if I'll
Be able to hook on a 9.5 inch tire and if anyone has ever drove these tires on the street...no long trips just buzzing around.

Yes, they will hook just fine. I run 28x11.5 Hoosier QTP's on my car, mid 10's, hooks great. On the street they work fine, just don't get caught in the rain...if you do, just pull over and wait it out. I drove my car home from the track 2 years ago in a rain storm.... could only go 10-15 mph or so...no kidding...just idling down the road the car was skating around like I was driving in the snow...freaky...

sounds like fun flyfish !!!!!! But I guess we live in the boonies so that's different-Steve

I sort of live in the boonies. The car very rarely goes out in the rain. I'm thinking of just getting normal slicks and another pair of wheels and tires for driving the car.

I live about fourty minutes from my parents where the car is kept so it's tough to get cruising time.

Put some Drag Radials on it, then you can drive to track and race then drive home. I drove to T&T a couple of weeks ago ran a couple of 6.30's and drove home.

Hooiser QTP work good (See photo) but if you are doing more street driving I would say MT Drag radial.

Attachments

• LVMS_APR05.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 205
2 weeks ago my 28x10 bias ply slicks cut a 1.67 60' slap a new set of. Et street radial PRO's on, and with no changes go 1.51. Plus they are much more stable up top, and more street freindly.

Never an issue with MT slicks. 29.5 x 10.5W x 15. Very consisant. Last race car went 1.371 1.373 1.374 and 1.373 60'.

-
Back