OSHA "Unapproved"

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, SOMETHING is gonna move. LOL

OSHA UNAPPROVED.jpg

One of the pipe wrenches will just slip............

I have to admit I've actually never done "that exact thing" but it's CLOSE!!!

Is that you Rob or something you found on the dubya dubya dubya?

Who was it that posted a picture of them using a floor jack to try and move a breaker bar...to pop of a lug nut, I believe?

I have to admit I've actually never done "that exact thing" but it's CLOSE!!!

Is that you Rob or something you found on the dubya dubya dubya?

Naw, it was a Facebook post. But it's funny though. I have a project that something like that might work on. I have an OLD Simplex hydraulic bottle jack I need to get apart. So far, 550 LB FT of impact ain't touched it. LOL

You gotta do what ever is necessary. They must rebuild a few of these cylinders if they have the big pipe wrenches and chain hoist. Not their first rodeo. I have seen the tubes heated cherry red to get the damn things apart. Gland nut wrenches are a joke at that point.

A couple years back, I was changing brake rotors. One of the back ones would not come off. I've got a pretty big gear puller. I put it on and cranked it tight. I came out of the garage every 10 minutes and gave it a couple swats with a sledge. About 2 hours later I heard a Big Bang, I thought the truck fell off the Jack.
I anti seize everything now. That's the price you pay for PennDOT using salt and brine to treat roads.

I had a front rotor that was so badly seized to the hub that I had to break it into pieces to get it off. I put a big pipewrench on it and beat the hell out of it with a 10 lb sledgehammer.

Take one of these
symons.jpg

Attach about 200' of 5/8" cable to that big hook there on the left there. Make numerous wraps around the big cylindrical section there. Attach the free end of the cable to the hitch pin on one of these.
cat-980-c-slika-130417686.jpg

Put it in first gear and begin to pull on the cable in order to unscrew the top of the crusher. :rolleyes:
Don't forget to remove the locking pin from the crusher head :lol:

I just used a floor jack under a pipe wrench under a sink. Had to unscrew a 2" cast pipe nipple from 1953. worked like a champ! I could get no leverage under there. I got a 5 foot piece of 1" rigid that I slip over a 18" 1/2 inch breaker bar, has not failed me yet..but I have broken the 1/2 drive off the bar, HF: take it back and get a new one!

I have an arsenal of cheater bars. 3/4 and 1 inch conduit. I've evolved.

you must have something else in mind then i do when you say conduit

what comes to my mind is so flimsy it would fold real quick

Here is my task for next week, each roll weighs right at 50,000 pounds. I got to separate them get them on the floor and load onto a truck to be sent to Chicago for rechrome. Each drum is actually a steam pressure vessel 60 inches in diameter 144 inches long. Pix is looking at the end while I am on gantry.

C914350F-2DA2-48C1-8669-C9BD4319A208.jpeg

-
Back