Other hobbies?

-
Since I retired in october, I hope I can do more snorkeling,biking and fishing in the keys. I'm trying to spend my winters down there.

1.picture is my HUT set up in Long Key.

2. Picture of the worlds largest hermit crab I found snorkeling, (natually immediately released back to the creator)

3. Me (taken by my wife naturally.):cheers:

hut.JPG

hermit crab.JPG

wife.JPG

I stay on here a lot..... don't know if you call that a hobby or not. LOL!

Work on my car and take it to the car shows.

Deer hunt and shoot my gun.

Police,EMS,Fire radio scanning.

Play the guitar.

Large radio control airplanes, full scale airplanes, 2006 Honda Gold Wing, getting in trouble...

I recently bagan messing around with RC cars, a hobby I used to be involved in like 20+ years ago. I bought a couple of used cars from a member here for an excellent price and that's all it took. I plan to do parking lot Trans-Am racing eventually when I get up the nerve to display my poor driving skills. Here's a picture of a body that I ruined after 3 days of paint work. It was my first, I'll get better!

Another thing I do occasionally is build models from paper. There are a ton of available subjects available for any skill level. Here's just a coupe simple ones I've built in the past.

unsorted rc pics 054 (Small) (Large).jpg

Dsc01910a.jpg

DSC02616.jpg

Goes like this:
Dragracing
Carshows
Going up north to the lake house for some r&r and maybe even do a little fishing.

5 copy.jpg

2202087-1970Challenger008 copy 2.jpg

IMG_0909 copy.JPG

How is it that there are so many Canadians here, and not one person has mentioned hockey yet?!! I have played in an adult roller hockey league for the last 6 or so years - sorry ice guys, I'm in PA, and we only have ice in the winter, and the indoor stuff is too damn exspensive.

I also love keeping and maintaining aquariums - saltwater, cichlids, planted tanks, breeding, etc, etc.

Love WWII vintage and assault wepons - collecting and shooting when I can get some spare time. (anybody know where to shoot a 1919 and a 1917 watercooled in the PA area? still haven't shot them in almost 10 years!! Also have a 1928 Thompson, and an Uzi - also unfired).

I love spending time w/ my wife of 3 years and my 2 kids.

How is it that there are so many Canadians here, and not one person has mentioned hockey yet?!! I have played in an adult roller hockey league for the last 6 or so years - sorry ice guys, I'm in PA, and we only have ice in the winter, and the indoor stuff is too damn exspensive.

I also love keeping and maintaining aquariums - saltwater, cichlids, planted tanks, breeding, etc, etc.

Love WWII vintage and assault wepons - collecting and shooting when I can get some spare time. (anybody know where to shoot a 1919 and a 1917 watercooled in the PA area? still haven't shot them in almost 10 years!! Also have a 1928 Thompson, and an Uzi - also unfired).

I love spending time w/ my wife of 3 years and my 2 kids.

What's this "adult roller hockey league"? Naked hockey?
LMMFAO.gif

Building custom old skool Harleys, motorcycle swap meets, photography, my dogs, gardening, landscaping, outdoors, scuba diving, road fever, road rage, a cigar and good whiskey or wine every now and again, oh wait its it's again already, by!

What's this "adult roller hockey league"? Naked hockey?
LMMFAO.gif
lol - no. It's for people over a certain age - I honestly don;t know what the youngest age is, but we have people from 18 or 19 up into their 40's. I guess it's just not kids. smart a$$.:bootysha:

I have several other hobbies. I like riding and modifying my Harley Sportster. I've chopped the frame on it to lower the seat and widened and stretched the rear 2", among many other modifications (most NOT bolt-on). I'm also working on restifying a '65 VW Karmann Ghia for my wife. I like travelling, camping, and riding our waverunner. I also have a saltwater reef aquarium.

I certainly would have listed Ice Hockey as #1 but I,m just too old, too hard to get to get up for work the next day, too many injuries and the risk of more. Played 2 or 3 times a week untill I was 44 years, still miss it sooo much.

Off roading (in my Ramcharger of cource, lol), riding my Harley, Camping, Hiking, & guns (lots of guns :evil2: )

exept for making the duster faster
keeping my -78 caprice alive so it can keep on transporting my a$$ to work and home and some other places i want to go ( yep thats a hobby i need to see it that way to not just give it up and just drop it of at the junkyard)
going to carmeets and party with people that are like me listening to old time rock n roll and rockabilly dragracing is also another good thing in my life at least to watch!
and on top of that lots of heavy weightlifting about 5 times a week its alot of fun and very relaxing!

Other then working 2 jobs and going to school full time, you might catch me messing around with my rc car, my salt water fish tank, messing around with my daily driver, camping when i get a chance, or out with the girlfriend trying new things.

100_0468.jpg

100_0469.jpg

Nothing beats 60 mph out of the box!!

100_0201-1.jpg

100_0129.jpg

100_0130.jpg

100_0078.jpg

100_0076.jpg

IMG00151.jpg

That's a California sting ray, The bigger shark is a Bamboo Shark, The smaller one is Banded Bamboo Shark. I wanted something mean and settled for 3 of them. (i only have the bigger shark now)

IMG00082-1-1.jpg

IMG00181.jpg

The girlfriends father has yet to see my frame!!
IMG00113.jpg

RC'ing is also a hobby of mine!
100_2183.jpg

srt8-6.jpg

Along with turnin wrenches on my old ironhead bobber.
DSCI0246.jpg

-
Back