Our best friends (four legged) 2018 shots

-
My right hand man Marshall! He is a hoot. Dumb as nails but I love him!! And the little one is my lap dog rocky.

View attachment 1715249256

He looks like one of our mutts that we had back in the 80's, named Captain... Captain had a black patch around his right eye and a dark spot on his behind with smaller lighter spots on his body.... Ours was a mix between an English Setter and a Dalmatian... What kind is yours????

He was well known around the Mopar crowd as he was very well behaved and we could take him anywhere without a leash, he would stay close to us or would come right back when we called him... He loved people and cars and loved to run up to people at the meets and greet them.... He loved to ride in our cars, all of them... He was at the first Mopar nats and many after... If you were at Mopar Nats in Chelsea, MI or Indy during the 80's or early 90's, you may recognize him... I had an old picture of him and Linda the D.C girl one year that really liked him, but don't know where that picture is now...

Here's a shot of him and I wrestling back when I was a teenager.... I had to use a blanket to protect my arm as he would tend to bite a little hard when he got excited playing rough... He wouldn't break the skin, but would leave red marks, but wouldn't bite hard enough to hurt... He was a guy's guy and loved to do things with us and lived in an all male household with my dad, brother, and I... He was the perfect fit for our family at the time....

He was a fast runner and could cut and weave very well... So well, that he caught many rodents here around our house in the forest preserve... He was a quadruple ace with 21 confirmed kills - 19 squirrels, and 2 chip monks... He out ran and maneuvered most of them who underestimated him and got caught... He kept up with our snowmobile doing 34 mph in 6" of snow...

He loved to run and considered it one of his hobbies... He loved to play soccer and would chase the ball and jump over the small creek in our yard to fetch it... Then he would carry it back and jump back over the creek, shake it up a bit, then drop it at our feet to do it again... When we kicked the ball, he would run and try to body block it when we kicked it, then if he didn't block it, he would chase it over the creek and bring it back... He loved to play for a couple of hours straight without resting... He would pop a new soccer ball or basket ball so he could hold it better in his mouth...

DSC09276 B02.jpg

Here's a picture from Mopar Nats of Captain and Linda the Direct Connection girl for that year... She really liked Captain...

DSC02537.JPG

Last edited:
We just adopted this guy - this past Saturday. He is about 7 weeks old and a Australian Cattle dog mix (the litter was abandoned at a vet back in mid-October)

Having fun with the early training (potty) and lots of playing

IMG_9176.JPG

IMG_9205.JPG

IMG_9201.JPG

OK, gotta represent "the other" four legged friend species.

This is our "new", new girl.

Appeared in the neighbors yard mid Sept.

Super, super sweet. Fond of appliances, and sleeping an inch from my face (or on my head).

She is calico "underneath" the tabby pattern.

Been using the name Punkin' Patch because of the pumpkin colored patch on her head.

IMG_20181010_163825.jpg
IMG_20180916_145110.jpg

My last pic of Oliver resting at 7 AM this morning. After a night of seizures we let go of him at 7:02. Truly mans best friend. 15 great years of unconditional love.

ooo.jpg

oli.jpg

My Rhodesian Ridgeback buddy, Red, our newest rescue...all 106 pounds of him. He just turned 2 years old a couple of weeks ago.
We got him from the breeder in Sebastopol a few months ago after his previous owner returned him claiming he wouldn't hunt pigs. I don't know about that...he sure showed a lot of interest in a pork loin we were getting ready to cook!

View attachment 1715249357

Red and my wife's 17-pound Brittany mix rescue, Darcy. Red's in a "food coma" after his dinner.

View attachment 1715249358
he and his friend sure looks happy with there home, thank you for sharing these two with us Ken, I knew you had to be a dog owner sir !

oh my !! Love these faces! Thank you for sharing

I love this breed, they are full of spunk and think they are 100 lbs of mean loving machines, thank for sharing

Now see !! I remember Kirby, sorry for your loss , it had to be very tuff on everyone when he passed, thanks again

this breed loves bird hunting, my unk had one that would point quail, looks like you cought him in the act of enjoying some tissue paper, beuityful friend you have there, males tend to stay in puppy mode longer then females, thank you for sharing
Had Springer's as a kid. Always wanted one more. They are great friends.

I wish you guys all the best with your canine families. What would the world be without dogs to weasel their way into our hearts, souls, and refrigerators? Cherish every day like it is their last.

Here are my two knuckleheads - both are pound rescues. The shelter folks said black dogs had a harder time being adopted, I guess because they look mean? They were picked so they got a good home, and perhaps some non-black dog got a better shot at their new home. As far as being mean? Nothing could be further from the truth. These are a couple of magnificent critters, very easy agreeable to live with. The smaller one (Charlie) likes to sit in top of her big sister (Maggie). I can't figure out why. And Maggie is such a good sport, she just lays there, OK with being Charlie's pillow.

20181009_230152.jpg
20170513_213906.jpg

Then there's Tater, who rules the kingdom. Clearly, this day he is checking his email...

IMG00070-20110306-0112.jpg

OK, a couple of fun ones before I go out to the shop to get some work done. Maggie with my buddy's granddaughter, being a good sport while serving as a carnival ride. And another of her investigating why is there a cat inside the Kleenex box.

20141112_182200.jpeg
DSCN2914.JPG

And lastly, the results of what happens when Charlie reads the newspaper. Note to self, remove all forms of paper from dog-reaching distance before going to work.

20160317_180239.jpg

Some good looking dogs here.

So here's my day. I been sick for a bit. Woke up a 4 AM cant sleep. Go in the living room and watch TV. My girl is gone for work for 2 weeks, I'm working two jobs. Fell asleep on the couch, thought I hear the dog whimpering but was so tired I went back to sleep.

Got up for work and the dog tore up my pillow, it's a buckwheat pillow so that's a huge mess. He also decided to piss on the bed and tear up a stuffed animal that I won for my girl at the fair. Got home start washing the sheets and notice he also took a crap on my garage coat..

Thanks bud....

Still love him tho.

He looks like one of our mutts that we had back in the 80's, named Captain... Captain had a black patch around his right eye and a dark spot on his behind with smaller lighter spots on his body.... Ours was a mix between an English Setter and a Dalmatian... What kind is yours????

He was well known around the Mopar crowd as he was very well behaved and we could take him anywhere without a leash, he would stay close to us or would come right back when we called him... He loved people and cars and loved to run up to people at the meets and greet them.... He loved to ride in our cars, all of them... He was at the first Mopar nats and many after... If you were at Mopar Nats in Chelsea, MI or Indy during the 80's or early 90's, you may recognize him... I had an old picture of him and Linda the D.C girl one year that really liked him, but don't know where that picture is now...

Here's a shot of him and I wrestling back when I was a teenager.... I had to use a blanket to protect my arm as he would tend to bite a little hard when he got excited playing rough... He wouldn't break the skin, but would leave red marks, but wouldn't bite hard enough to hurt... He was a guy's guy and loved to do things with us and lived in an all male household with my dad, brother, and I... He was the perfect fit for our family at the time....

He was a fast runner and could cut and weave very well... So well, that he caught many rodents here around our house in the forest preserve... He was a quadruple ace with 21 confirmed kills - 19 squirrels, and 2 chip monks... He out ran and maneuvered most of them who underestimated him and got caught... He kept up with our snowmobile doing 34 mph in 6" of snow...

He loved to run and considered it one of his hobbies... He loved to play soccer and would chase the ball and jump over the small creek in our yard to fetch it... Then he would carry it back and jump back over the creek, shake it up a bit, then drop it at our feet to do it again... When we kicked the ball, he would run and try to body block it when we kicked it, then if he didn't block it, he would chase it over the creek and bring it back... He loved to play for a couple of hours straight without resting... He would pop a new soccer ball or basket ball so he could hold it better in his mouth...

View attachment 1715249393

Here's a picture from Mopar Nats of Captain and Linda the Direct Connection girl for that year... She really liked Captain...

View attachment 1715249441
Wow they look alot alike! That is so weird cause they also have alot of the same traits he is super fast loves to run and weave around me he will take off running full speed at me and right before he runs into me darts off to one side and I always try to catch him that his favorite game it's like he is playing tag. He gets as close as possible without letting me pet him lol! He is a good dog he listens well and learns fast! He is really hyper and jumps around alot. I have 3 kids so we gotta watch him close around them cause he knocks them down especially my little one he is 3!
I honestly don't know what he is he is just a mutt lol we thought about doing the DNA test to find out. He was a rescue we got from a shelter. He was supposed to be a border collie but obviously he is not lol that's what his papers say lol
Looking back I think the shelter we got him at is a little shady (or maybe alot) they supposedly rescue dogs from kill shelters and rehome them. Well when I got Marshall there was about 5 puppies that were obviously brother and sister same age same breed. They charged a 350 dollar rehome fee that included his shots and to get him fixed and a micro chip! I didnt think that was to bad to save the little fellers life. Well that was over a year and a half ago I got the last puppy from that "rescue lot" but yet they are still churning out "rescued" puppies that look just like Marshall. And his siblings! Sounds alot like a puppy mill to me! And they just word it like a rescue so ppl feel they are doing good and not just buying a puppy. But nevertheless I lucked out because I love that guy as if he was my kid lol he loves to ride with me he goes everywhere with me he never leaves my side unless I'm at work.

-
Back