overheating!!

-
Reaction score
im needing advice on the best radiator to go with. I have a 67 cuda w a 360 and some mods,im justing getting it done and on the road and a stock radiator isn't workin out. I was looking at some direct fit alum. ones

im needing advice on the best radiator to go with. I have a 67 cuda w a 360 and some mods,im justing getting it done and on the road and a stock radiator isn't workin out. I was looking at some direct fit alum. ones

I suggest you get your stock one recored.I run a stock 318 2 core in my race car with a worked over sb 410c.i.Or you could try useing a clutch fan too.

what does the rest of the system consist of? the worlds best radiator can only do so much if the fan/fans are not up to the task. if you are running a mech. fan does it have a shroud? if electric what are the flow ratings?

also what thermostat are you running? is it a high flow unit? is the system running full of water with all air burped from the system? it all works together.

im running a 185 thermostat and believe I have all the air out of the system,any extra pointers on that would b appreciated to. im using a syock fan with a after market shroud that just is basically a piece of metal around the radius of the fan I wondered if that was part of my issue too thanks for all the responses

I have a built 340 with a six cylinder rad and it is ok as long as I do not get caught in traffic. I would say that you might want to try a proper fan shroud! I also run water wetter in my rad. Not sure if it makes a difference but it can't hurt

I have my stock 340 radiator recorded ,shroud and clutch fan it never has had a overheating problem but i have heard the pre 70 radiators are not as good but all parts need to be working to spec.

I have 67 barracuda 360 425 hp champiuon 22inch 3 core radiator a home made schroud, 180 stat. Mine usuall runs 175-180 in the summer on a 90 degree day in town it may go to 195, I also have a electric fan up front set at 200 degree but it usually only comes on during a hot restart on a 100 degree day. I think even a 19 inch 6 cyl rad will do the job if its cleaned and flowing right.

-
Back