Pain killers! What works and doesnt...

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
OK many of you know my personal situation and my battle against MS,to just stay mobile and healthy.

I have used many different pain killers in my war against all the pain I get,some legal some maybe not so legal but only if your caught...

Here I want to know about your personal experience with pain killers,the good ,the bad,why you take them. Do you end up on your neighbours lawn and dont know why?

Drove to the grocery store,came home with a new wife? You could be out of it..

To make this fun we're doing a pole!

As I understand it, depending on the type of pain you have, certain drugs work better that others. I am fortunate that my only severe pain is a couple times a year when my GI condition flares up...morphine in pill form is the only thing that really works. You must eat a cracker or something to avoid nausea.

A friend once gave me a methadone tablet he was prescribed for neuropathy...I felt like I was floating on a cloud, it gave me the most uttlerly comfortable night's sleep I ever had.

I am truly afraid of anything with 'oxy' in the name...that stuff can really mess you up.

My friends husband has the same pain problem and went and got a medical maraijuana card but the government stuff was crap. He got some hydroponic high test and seems to be working or so she says. If I was going to be addicted I'd rather it be to MJ instead of Oxy or Opium derived meds. As long as you've got the card the cops don't know where you bought the stuff.

Damn whats witrh this sight? I cant seem to do a poll,it keeps giving me a message about adding a poll within 5 minutes of a post. GRRRRR..

Well, whenever I'm off duty, tequila works wonders.

Seriously, I have a lot of muscle/joint pain that seems to defy any sort of diagnosis, but anti inflammatories like diclofenac work well.

Gov has got the good **** nowadays, that is a fact. They set a standard of like 8 and the funky Mexican mafia supplied stuff you get at the herb co-ops is yesterdays grass. Even the "blockhead" and "Crippler" were only 4 and 5 on the scale as reported on a local CBS affiliate here in LA. Strongest stuff I used was vicoden for a toothache and it worked pretty good. Sorry for the inexperience, but I guess thats a good thing too.

My advice is be damn careful. 2-3 years ago I was "pushin" a little and my arthritis was flared up--actually much worse this year.

Doc had me on some medication for that, and I was "adding" over the counter "Aleve"

Fri afternoon before Xmas---felt great, helped dig out a friend after plow went by

Fri eve--not very hungry, late lunch, had some 'mater soup

Fri later about 9PM felt "yucky" "I'll problably be up later tonight"

!! WENT TO SLEEP !!

1? 2? 3? AM Up, very "out of it" puking blood (thought it was 'mater soup) fainted on floor of bathroom for HOURS, not coherant, not thinking straight

around 8AM? finally got awake enough to realize my plight, called 911 and the big box came and hauled me away hee hee ha ha

Went to hospital, day and 1/2, then fought anemia and weakness FOR REST OF WINTER and STILL TO THIS DAY I have stomach / digestive problems and take buffer meds for my gut

BE CAREFUL This was caused by an over-the counter med, mixed with a prescription arthritis pain med

I did another thread with a fun poll. Cant type fast enough I guess.

Vicodin, the strong ones, 3 at a time every 3 hours does nothing for pain,but gets me slightly stoned. Oxy 2 at a time every 3 hours will sort of take the edge off, but more or less just stoned feeling. When I used to self medicate (drink) half a bottle of nyquil, 6 beers, 3 mg of xanax, 8 vicodin and several percocet would sort of numb the pain, but at least I could sleep...maybe it was more of a coma.....

I'm amazed some of you guys got a liver yet. An overload of vicodin will take your liver out and or suppress your breathing to the point you will die.

For all my pain the Dr. give Norco 10/325 take 5 per day and sometime it works and sometime it don't

Never mind the liver. I wanna know if ink still has a pulse.

My friends husband has the same pain problem and went and got a medical maraijuana card but the government stuff was crap. He got some hydroponic high test and seems to be working or so she says. If I was going to be addicted I'd rather it be to MJ instead of Oxy or Opium derived meds. As long as you've got the card the cops don't know where you bought the stuff.

I have heard the govt supply is weak. Im going to grow my own,that way I can control it better.

I've tried a few "aftermarket" painkillers, but not for pain, just for pleasure.
I have extreme back pain, and what my doc has given me is no name percocet...oxycocet, and it doesnt work too bad.

I'm amazed some of you guys got a liver yet. An overload of vicodin will take your liver out and or suppress your breathing to the point you will die.
That would explain that foreign looking thing that was laying on the floor next to the bed several years ago....

My brother has been dealing with MS for YEARS....he tried the super expensive injections that really did nothing. he started sokeing weed again and he did improve for several years. but he was lighting up two to three times a day seven days a week. like an aggressive wed therapy.......

Its not the opiates that trash your liver, its the acetominophen(tyelenol) that is mixed in with the pills , and when you mix tyelenoll with alcohol you are really trashing your liver, Manufacturers of Tyelenol put out that 1000 mg is an overdose but the real truth is 4000mg is when it starts really hammering the liver

Well, I suffer from back pain and muscle spasms, nether are fun.

Morphine: OK but the side affects are super nasty. I used this 4 x's daily for 2 years.

Oxy's: Use now, 4 x's per day,, ok but sleeping 10 - 14 hours per day. Mind in a fog, feel stupid. I stop taking when ever I can. A necessary evil.

Tramadol: I take this when the oxy's cant cover all the pain. Taken with the oxy as a booster. Up to 4 times per day. Non Addictive!!!

Aspirin: just good to have around. It does make a difference,

Bourbon/Whiskey: This is in my past. Very little now and I get 7" tall and good looking. Not a good way to be.

All of this but the Bourbon is by perspriction.

Good luck and I hope this is of some help.

Whip

Its not the opiates that trash your liver, its the acetominophen(tyelenol) that is mixed in with the pills , and when you mix tyelenoll with alcohol you are really trashing your liver, Manufacturers of Tyelenol put out that 1000 mg is an overdose but the real truth is 4000mg is when it starts really hammering the liver

Spot on here ! Tylenol is like Lye to the gut .

Not to be a jack *** here but : 1000mg = 1 gram and 4000 mg = 4 grams

I would stay on the Marijuana route IF it helps you. Marijuana is not physically addictive but it is some what mentally addictive. Anything physically addictive is rough to quit. I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict and believe me...... you don't want to get "hooked" on anything.

I suffer from RA...rumatiod arthritis which is an imune system malfuntion that over attacks the joints and destroys them and also leaves me extremely fatigued. Most of the hard narcs help with the pain but leave me stoned stupid. Doc put me on Enbrel injects which is a miracle drug that is an imune supressent and leaves me with no simtums no pain no inflamation nothing but is very expensive around $2k a month had to go on gov drug plan. I do self med a lot of good old BC bud but thats just because I like it... bzzzzz

Antidepressant has helped me more than anything else. To toss a depressant like pot or alcohol in with the Zoloft makes about as much sense as drilling holes in a sinking boat to let the water out. LOL
I over do physically until I need loritab ( 1 to 3 per day ) then I lay down for a few days.
Example; 3 hours on the riding mower equal 20 mg. loritab , 6 ibuprofen, and 2 days rest.
I put a new headlinner in my notch and reinstalled front and rear windows adding the clips and stainless reveal moldings. Took all summer to complete.
Zoloft is the only drug I take every day.
I should add I also have a long history of bleeding stomach ulcers so I can't have most pain relievers. I go on prilosec for 90 days then off for 30 to 45 days just so I can enjoy eating.

-
Back