Paint anyone???

-

Slappy

Reaction score
What paint should I use to paint my steering column and metal dash frame? I am changing my interior to black from green on my Demon.

Same paint you would paint the outside of the car with....single or base/clear. Or you talking about rattle cannin it??

I use SEM trim black. Its available in cans or you can buy a quart and spray it with a gun. If you use the gun turn the air pressure up a bit and stand a little further back and you will get a little texture out of it like the parts had from the factory.

I don't know how well the dash would turn out, but I rattle canned my steering column. Just scuffed it real well with a scotch brite pad, and wiped it down with some thinner. Sprayed it with a couple coats of Rustoleum satin black.

i rattle caned my whole dash and accessories andf the steering colum be careful and dont get runes overlap the strokes and it will be fine i used krylon have fun make sure u sand it good

I'm also changing the interior to black on the car I'm building for my wife, I used Dupont (Hot Hues) Hot Rod Black. I'm really happy with it, nice satin look. Sorry, it's not a Mopar :evil4:

DSC03231.jpg

I used Duplicolor bumper black. Here is a pick after i got done I can't find my before pics. Excuse the blotchyness that was taken after I had reassembled it and my hands had white grease on them. It came out really nice and uniform after I wiped it down.

Steering Column seat tracks 015.jpg

-
Back