Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?"

He graduated at the top of his class in Harvard Law. So, he was the #1 guy in the #1 program in the country. I'm sure I'll hear about how that makes him a lawyer and blah blah blah, but since this is supposed to be about merit, being the top of the top is impressive to me. He was elected as the president of the Harvard Law Review by his fellow students.
And that qualifies him for Preseident how?

I read his book. More than anything, it shows the methodology he uses to solve problems. It's impressive. He gets how I think things are supposed to work. Every time he would outline an issue, I'd think "Here we go with the standard Dem claptrap.." and then he would outline how he looks at it differently, or provide information to make me look at it differently. He was actually able to change my mind about a couple of issues.
I guess he failed to mention that all those efforts were made while working for Acorn, and phony front group who's entire mission was regestering new Democrat voters by any means possible? A group that has been repeately caught registering people multiple times, registering illegal aliens, felons, deceased people, and others inelegible to vote. How did you like his comment "If the political winds blow in an ugly direction I will stand shoulder-to-shoulder wuth the Muslims"?

He quickly created an organization that defeated the Clintons in a protracted battle on their own turf. That's impressive to me.
No, the media swept him to victory by completely covering his butt and making him out to be the second coming. In almost 2 years they have not asked a single question about his good friend, the man whose home Obama's political career was launched in, terrorist Willaim Ayres. They never mentioned his "mentor", the despicable racist Rev. Wright until talk radio got it into the open. They never mention his connection to convicted influence-peddler Tony Rezko and the VERY questionable loan he arranged to help Obama get his multi million dollar home. Hmmmm.

He taught constitutional law at the university of Chicago, which is one of the best programs in the country.
No, that is a lie. He was a senior lecturer on leave.

I think that the amount of time Obama has spent in Washington is an advantage. If its such a cesspool, why is it an advantage to have spent your whole life soaking in it?
And one of the only even more nortoriously politically corrupt places in the country? Chicago.

Between his meteoric rise and the fact that most of his money comes from individuals rather than organizations, he can do things that others can't. He isn't owned. He doesn't owe anybody.
You do not actually believe this do you? Ever heard of George Soros? moveon.org?

Because he is african-american, he can and does say that African-Americans are going to have to solve their problems themselves.
Oh really? Ask Bill Cosby and other black leaders who are not in lock-step what they think about that.

To donate money to Obama you have to certify that you are not giving money from a PAC, and that you are not a federal lobbyist or foreign agent. McCain does not have these requirements.
HAHAHA. Both campaigns have the same requirements. If his campaign was Soooo careful, how did the illegal contributions from Hamas get through? You know, the ones that they calaimed to have given back after the whole thing became public even though they hadn't? How did his campaign "accidently" misuse tax-exempt Church resources?

We have heard and know your side. America is bad, cars are evil, we are ruining the planet, capitalism is wrong, etc. Blah, blah, blah.

WTF? I'd like to see that quote. You can't effectively debate what I say, so you make up some crap like this? Nice.

Wow. You are exaclty the kind of voter who has kept the democrats in business. Un-informed.

Have you read it? Obviously not.

Nice debating skills. To answer your question, I have read it. It is the single most Un-America piece of legislation since Manzanar.

And why has it happened? Because the democrats insist on keeping us dependent on questionable allies and outright hostile countries for our oil by refusing to let us produce our own oil. Geeeez. Wake up.

There is not enough oil under American soil or control to approach anything like independence. Even if we let them drill the Grand Canyon like James Watt wanted to, we wouldn't even have 1/3rd of the oil we use.

And which President gutted our intelligence community, directly resulting in the intelligence failures that allowed it to happen? Not to mention that he is the same man who ignored no less than three offers to have Bin Laden turned over to us. Hint: it wasn't Bush.

Is Clinton running for office? Is he currently in office? What is the relevance of this statement. Do you have ANY evidence or documentation to support these claims?

Well, except for the WMD's and weapons facilities we saw on film being broken down and transported to Syria. Except for the testimony of top Iraqi leaders about how these weapons and facilities were moved which was so detailed as to include the types and numbers of aircraft and vehicles used to do it. And except for the mobile chemical weapons labs and chemical artillery shells our troops found.

Evidence? Just because Rush says it happened doesn't make it so.

And there is the sum total of democrat thinking. March in lock step and don't dare think for yourself or we will destroy you!

The democrats are like that? Are you kidding? The term circular firing squad was originally used to describe the Democrats.

"Uuuhh...yeah Senator....I accidentally spent that money on coke and hookers"

I'd say its more likely that you're echoing their thoughts and sentiments.

As for the long-dead Fairness Doctrine...

If these issues are important enough to be reported as news, and it is being broadcast using public infrastructure/airwaves, I believe it should be required to air both sides of an issue. An informed electorate is a healthy electorate and all that.

Do you think Rush and Hannity are so upset about it because their listeners can't be counted upon to agree with the "right" decision if they heard the other side of the story? Who's the condescending know-it-all?

As far as Air America goes, conservative biased media does not justify liberal biased media and vice versa.
So you think that talk radio, a medium that does not hide it's opinions, a medium where liberals never succeed because you have to be able to defend your positions with facts, needs to be controlled but the mainstream media which pretends to be unbiased, and is actually required to be unbiased, but which even the most dimwitted people now see as nothing more than Obama's propaganda ministry should be left alone? My God you have it axactly backwards. All of the manistream media, while pretending to be unbiased an only repoerting the news, voices only one opinion. The far left democrat opinion. They don't report the news, they censor it and make it up to fit the left's agenda. Talk radio is a huge success because it is the only place where you can hear "the other side of the story".

Do you believe everything the right wing blogosphere comes up with?

"If the political winds blow in an ugly direction I will stand shoulder-to-shoulder wuth the Muslims"?

In addition that this has nothing to do with what I said, Obama said that the United States would stand "shoulder-to-shoulder with Israel."

No, that is a lie. He was a senior lecturer on leave.

Nope, that's a lie. Lets see what the university has to say about it....

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/media/index.html

And one of the only even more nortoriously politically corrupt places in the country? Chicago.

Obama was not the "Party boy" when he was originally elected, and his move to the Senate was because the Machine wanted to be rid of him and didn't think he would be elected. I live in Illinois. Chicago sucks, but they don't have their hands on him.

HAHAHA. Both campaigns have the same requirements.

NOT true.

Check it out for yourself.
Obama:
https://donate.barackobama.com/page/contribute/dncd4p1?source=mainnav

McCain:
https://secure.donationreport.com/donation.html?key=NPM2A9KUXS0J

[/quote]

Nice debating skills. To answer your question, I have read it. It is the single most Un-America piece of legislation since Manzanar.
Right. I guess that is why it has been ruled un-Constitutional? Oops. It hasn't.

There is not enough oil under American soil or control to approach anything like independence. Even if we let them drill the Grand Canyon like James Watt wanted to, we wouldn't even have 1/3rd of the oil we use.
I don't know where you get your information but that is not even CLOSE to true. No one expects drilling to solve all our problems but it is without question the fastest and easiest route to reduced prices, not only for gas, but for everything related to transportation which is essentially all commodities.

Is Clinton running for office? Is he currently in office? What is the relevance of this statement. Do you have ANY evidence or documentation to support these claims?
HAHAHAHA. Talk about weak debating skills! Bush being in office for a few months prior to the attack makes it his fault but Clinton's years of decimating the military and intelligence budgets had nothing to do with it. Hilarious. You need proof? You must not pay attention. Look to the 9/11 Report. Look to the news reporting during his presidency. Look to the comments of Clinton's own advisor, R. James Woolsey, about Clinton's $7.5 Billion in intelligence budget cuts. Look to the comments of Porter Goss not only about the ucts but about how Clinton rarely, if ever, met with intelligence officials and was not "particularly engaged" on the subject.

Evidence? Just because Rush says it happened doesn't make it so
. But the MSM saying it does!!!

The democrats are like that? Are you kidding? The term circular firing squad was originally used to describe the Democrats.
Please. That is exaclty the ooposite of the truth.

a medium that does not hide it's opinions, a medium where liberals never succeed because you have to be able to defend your positions with facts,

So what do they have? Opinions or facts?

I can safely say that in fact, talk radio is not required to defend their positions with facts. I'd really like to hear why you think that.

needs to be controlled but the mainstream media which pretends to be unbiased, and is actually required to be unbiased,

I said "public airwaves". That includes talk radio and television. the "Mainstream Media" is not required to be unbiased. That's what the fairness doctrine was supposed to do

My God you have it axactly backwards. All of the manistream media, while pretending to be unbiased an only repoerting the news, voices only one opinion. The far left democrat opinion. They don't report the news, they censor it and make it up to fit the left's agenda. Talk radio is a huge success because it is the only place where you can hear "the other side of the story".

Between Clear Channel, Rush and Fox news, I'd say the other side of the story is pretty mainstream, wouldn't you?

The Best Man Turned Out To Be A Woman
by Ann Coulter

John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin, governor of Alaska, as his running mate
finally gave Republicans a reason to vote for him -- a reason, that is,
other than B. Hussein Obama.

The media are hopping mad about McCain's vice presidential selection, but
they're really furious over at MSNBC. After drawing "Keith (plus) Obama"
hearts on their denim notebooks, Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews stayed
up all night last Thursday, writing jokes about Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty,
the presumed vice presidential pick. Now they can't use any of them.

So the media are taking it out on our brave Sarah and her 17-year-old
daughter.

They claimed Palin was chosen only because she's a woman. In fact, Palin was
chosen because she's pro-life, pro-gun, pro-drilling and pro-tax cuts. She's
fought both Republicans and Democrats on public corruption and does not have
hair plugs like some other vice presidential candidate I could mention. In
other words, she's a "Republican."

As a right-winger, Palin will appeal to the narrow 59 percent of Americans
who voted for another former small-market sportscaster: Ronald Reagan. Our
motto: Sarah Palin is only a heartbeat away!

If you're going to say Palin was chosen because she's a woman, you're going
to have to demonstrate that the runners-up were more qualified. Gov. Tim
Pawlenty seems like a terrific fellow and fine governor, but he is not
obviously more qualified than Palin.

As for former governor of Pennsylvania Tom Ridge and Democratic Sen. Joe
Lieberman, the other also-rans, I can think of at least 40 million unborn
reasons she's better than either of them.

Within the first few hours after Palin's name was announced, McCain raised
$4 million in campaign donations online, reaching $10 million within the
next two days. Which shortlist vice presidential pick could have beaten
that?

The media hysterically denounced Palin as "inexperienced." But then people
started to notice that she has more executive experience than B. Hussein
Obama -- the guy at the top of the Democrats' ticket.

They tried to create a "Troopergate" for Palin, indignantly demanding to
know why she wanted to get her ex-brother-in-law removed as a state trooper.
Again, public corruption is not a good issue for someone like Obama, Chicago
pol and noted friend of Syrian National/convicted felon Antoin Rezko.

For the cherry on top, then we found out Palin's ex-brother-in-law had
Tasered his own 10-year-old stepson. Defend that, Democrats.

The bien-pensant criticized Palin, saying it's irresponsible for a woman
with five children to run for vice president. Liberals' new talking point:
Sarah Palin: Only five abortions away from the presidency.

They claimed her newborn wasn't her child, but the child of her 17-year-old
daughter. That turned out to be a lie.

Then they attacked her daughter, who actually is pregnant now, for being
unmarried. When liberals start acting like they're opposed to pre-marital
sex and mothers having careers, you know McCain's vice presidential choice
has knocked them back on their heels.

But at least liberal reporters had finally found someone their own size to
pick on: a 17-year-old girl.

Speaking of Democrats with newborn children, the media weren't particularly
concerned about John Edwards running for president despite his having a
mistress with a newborn child.

While the difficult circumstances of Palin's pregnant daughter are being
covered like a terrorist attack on the nation, with leering accounts of the
18-year-old father, the media remain resolutely uninterested in the
parentage of Edwards' mistress's love child. Except, that is, the
hardworking reporters at the National Enquirer, who say Edwards is the
father.

As this goes to press, the latest media-invented scandal about Palin is that
McCain didn't know her well before choosing her as his running mate. He knew
her well enough, though admittedly, not as well as Obama knows William
Ayers.

John F. Kennedy, who was -- from what the media tell me -- America's most
beloved president, detested his vice president, Lyndon Johnson.

Until Clinton interviewed Al Gore one time before choosing him as his vice
presidential candidate, he had met Gore only one other time: when Gore was
running for president in 1988 and flew to Little Rock seeking Clinton's
endorsement. Clinton turned him down.

To this day, there's no proof that Bill Clinton ever met one-on-one with his
CIA director, James Woolsey, other than a brief chat after midnight the
night before Woolsey's nomination was announced.

Barring some all-new, trivial and probably false story about Palin -- her
former hairdresser got a parking ticket in 1978! -- the media apparently
intend to keep being hysterical about McCain's alleged failure to "vet"
Palin properly. The problem with this argument is that it presupposes that
everyone is asking: "HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?"

No one's saying that.

Attacks on McCain's "vetting" process require the media to keep claiming
that Palin has a lot of problems. But she doesn't have any problems.
Remember? Those were all blind alleys.

Unfortunately, for the ordinary TV viewer hearing nonstop hysteria about
nonspecific "problems," it takes a lot of effort to figure out that every
attack liberals have launched against Palin turned out to be a lie.

It's as if a basketball player made the winning shot in the last three
seconds of the game and liberals demand that we have a week-long discussion
about whether the player should have taken that shot. WHAT IF HE MISSED?

With Palin, McCain didn't miss.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28370

and the poor people have been voting for democracts for 50 yrs and they are still poor........

President clinton was the best the mid to late 90's were great and he got the hoes. what more do you need?

The Best Man Turned Out To Be A Woman
by Ann Coulter

Ah, Ann Coulter, the person *I* turn to for reasoned analysis :roll: Let's see what other great words of wisdom we can dredge up from her...

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism." -- MSNBC 2/8/97

(talking to a disabled Vietnam vet) "People like you caused us to lose that war." -- MSNBC (this got her fired from MSNBC. Why does Ann hate the troops?)

"In contemplating college liberals, you really regret, once again, that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals by making them realize that they could be killed, too. Otherwise they will turn out into outright traitors." -- CPAC conference, 2002

"If you wanted to teach people about the great things about America, a college campus is the last place you’d send them. Even fanatical Muslim terrorists don’t hate America like liberals do."Ann Coulter -- CPAC conference, 2002

"I think [women] should be armed but should not vote...women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it...it´s always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care." Ann Coulter talking on the show Politically Incorrect 26/02/01

Ummm, yeah. Obviously, one of the "deep thinkers" of the conservative movement.

Please...:angry7:

I didn't say I wanted to sleep with her.....

on second thought............

THINK ABOUT IT GUYS!!!!!
If MCcain gets elected and dies.Do you really want a woman as President.Hell NO.As far as I am concerned they are all CROOKS anyway.

Coulter can be mean , true. How accurate are the sources for your quotes or are they simple cut and pastes from some blog sight ? Again - she can be a loose cannon and I'm not a big fan, regardless.

I thought Bill was the "VICE" president!? Why did 8 years of Al Gore not yield clean energy policy, or alternative energy policy or ANY energy policy? My pencil leaves a "Carbon Footprint"! Drill baby drill!

So Bill Clinton was held at gunpoint and had oral sex performed on him under threat of force??

He must have been from a Democratic standpoint. Im sure Kwame Kilpatrick was held at gunpoint for the same type of things. This type of thing is what turned me from a Dem to a Republican.

O ya I forgot Hillary ran things for Bill.LOL
Roosevelt did depend on his wife alot during his last days.He was in poor health and she did more than most realize.

I remember 1980 Republican Convension here in Detroit Sudam Huseen getting the key to Detroit !!Look at what happen 28 years later!!
One more who gave it all him ?? The Republicans!!

-
Back