Parts - buy/sell to help fellow members or make $?

-
Hey RPM, not to steal this thread, but how is your truck coming along?

Legwork is right! If I am looking for a part or a car... I think of how bad I want the part, and if I want my search for the part to be over with. The seller is just a seller to me. He did the leg work. I don't care if the man next to him sold it to him for less. The bottom line is I have a complete car that you want, and I drive. :)

It never ceases to amaze me,These threads seem to come out regularly.Always someone complaining about someone making money on parts.Well I have been doing this since I was 9 and I am 54 now.I have built a bunch of cars and trucks.Noone complains if THEY make money on their endeavors,but if their counterparts make more than them-Well that's just not right.Go ahead and throw out all the cards-religeon,ethics-logic-whinning-crying,Who cares? Joe,you are correct,I have heard all the excuses-and lies to get a lower price.I have had people try to use sex,blackmail,sabotage,etc.Nothing surprises me anymore.It is what it is! and it is worth what someone will pay for it!GOOD GRIEF!

54! Damn your an old fart. Tell me, what is the real reason the dinosaurs died? Just kidding, I'm 55.

i am part of a pretty tight ring of mopar fellows. we wheel and deal with each other fairly regularly and pic up deals as we can. trade parts, find parts, that keeps us busy. i just sold a buddy an a body 8 3/4 rear with super stock springs for $200. what i had in it, was what i sold it for. there are few mopar people up here and we are close. what ever leads we find or here about we track them down and deal.

It depends. There are the guys who will sell at market value and then there are the guys that will sell at way above market value and prey on the guys who really need that part and can't really find it anywhere else. Those are the guys that drive the prices up for everyone. If you found a guy selling a part for 10% of what its worth, then go ahead and resell it. If he's giving it to you that cheap because you said you really need it for your ride, then your reputation will eventually catch up to you and people wont want to help you with anything. I'm all about making a buck, but don't deceive someone who is geniunely trying to help you so you can make $50 here and there.

I said your either a liar or stupid. If your not a liar so be it.

I can live with that.

I'm just saying, if your going to peddle parts for profit, don't try to act like my best buddy. There are a lot of members like myself on here, I know for a fact, and I'll help them any way I can.

And I know, they will help me too.

Ha.... like I said I help guys out as much as I can. Plenty of guys can tell ya. But if I stumble onto a great deal that I can make money on to fund one of my toys then that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I don't really sell too much but I do liquidate from time to time when there is something I want to buy.

I don't see anything wrong with buying a part for cheap, and then selling it for a little more. If said part sold here for $20, but was worth a lot more, and somebody bought it and re-sold for $75, I don't see anything wrong with that, if the part was worth $75. I usually lose or break even because when I buy parts, it's with the intention of using them, but sometimes, my intentions change. I'm sure there have been people who made a profit off stuff I sold them. Good for them.

WOW........Im really new here and there has been a few threads i have come across and there full of anger and then some. Having a opinion and being different is what makes us individuals but really folks why the torture of going on and on. I have very little money to spend on my car. I have taken a few extra parts i have and sold them for other parts i need. Thus before i new of this site.I would have gladly sold them here if i was a member then. Example 68 dart grille with lamps no dents great shape..$80.00 U.S...The fellow was happyier than pignshit.I maybe could have got more but $80 was good to me. If he sold it later OH! well. You dont know why people do the flippin??????maybe its there way of income/ maybe to buy parts....maybe a hobbie who knows.If your happy with the price ..then thats all that should matter. If you dont want to sell it cheap dont. If you dont want to sell to a certain individual then dont......How about we all take a deep breath , relax and get along.Thanks,,,,,,NEWBIE

^^^^^^exactly, i sell, flip to feed my family.

i also want to be able to build a complete car out of all the flipping i do. nothing wrong with that.

i am sorry to turn this thread into a pissing match. i just lost my cool when a moron post' about banning us all from the site cause we flip. let him move to my neck of the woods and find a job here.
if i pick up 1 parts car every two months here, is will pay my bills for that two months.
then i may run across a well optioned car, with all the goodies, and then i can make a killing. but i still keep the price for the parts to what they go for..sold nice sharktooth grille for 400.00 not needing much. sold 340 unsilenced air cleaner for 200.00, which was cheap. now i need one, and have to pay 300.00. it is just how it goes.

there are plenty of parts that i did not want to sell, but had to to pay bills.

i did not want to serll the 70 340-4 speed duster i had, that i spent all the time going to nebraska for, but had financial problems.
i bought that red 340-4 speed out of pa on here.................. paid roughly 3200.00 for it, and got 9,000.00 for it. who in their right mind would not sell it for that kinda profit????????????????????????????????????????????

i do have a problem. maybe it is a addiction. i will sell a car/truck for 10,000.00, and within 2 weeks, i put all the money back into these cars/trucks after paying all my bills up to date, and then have nop cash flow left., then HAVE to sell a part here and there to cover new bills. that is exactly what i am doing now. i wish i had the money to be a hoarder, rather than a flipper. but that is not in the cards for me at this time.

we all know that the more rare item will be worth alot more money in 10-20 years than they are now. i would love to stockpile them, but can't, as i blow all the profits on the next set of parts/cars. and this is a re-occuring thing on a weekly basis

maybe i need to see a shrink

No anger in this thread. Just a good debate in my opinion.

And hurtful name calling:( LOL

I have no probs with what you do Joe. But, if you read through some of the threads, guys are crying for parts, acting like the member from heaven, then you see the same guy peddling parts for profit. Whats even worse is the old "damn, I'm poor,young,sick,drugged, etc, please give me cheap parts". The next day they say "hey! looky at my brand new RC car,project,flat screen, etc"
It's the smooth talkin scammers that bug me most.

And as for you 340plot....you would sell a lot more with a cuter avatar :toothy10:

lol
i still say that i do not do it JUST for the money. i do it for the thrill . i love the traveling, and i just love horse-trading. i do also help alot of other members out. when i list a part for sale, i like to talk to the member on the phone, and when i hear they are sinsere, and really need the money, i do cut awesome deals on the parts.

i have a fully restored ralley dash for sale right now. i do not need to sell it. i have alot of hrs into it, and i got it listed for like 1,100.00 right now. whoever buys it will get a deal. yes, 1,100.00 is alot of cash to fork out right now, but you will save obn the searching of peicing it together, and do not have to go throught the painstaking work to redo it yourself.

now if a serious member wated it, i would proibably let it got for like 900.00, but who knows. it looks great on the wall in my laundry room.lol

I guess I'm still not clear. Just because I find a good deal on a part and then sell it for a fair price, I'm a cheat and not a good member of this site?!?! WTF!?!?!?

I am a good person and try to help out other members if I can answer their questions. I recently started a thread giving everyone a discount code for Summit Racing that has saved our members hundreds of dollars so far. Hell, I even contributed funds so that a man I never met could have the car of his dreams. The last time I checked making smart timely business decisions doesn't make me a bad person, it makes me a capitalist!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ well said.

i guess if i was into the stock market, i would be a flipper there too.lmao rofl

-
Back