Parts from C-body for my A?

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a 68 barracuda notch. I have a 78 New Yorker that is the power train donor. Can any other parts from the New Yorker be used for the complete swap? Things like torsion bars, front end and disc brakes? It has and open 9 1/4" rear whereas my notch has 8 3/4 SG.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi, I just purchased a 68 barracuda notch. I have a 78 New Yorker that is the power train donor. Can any other parts from the New Yorker be used for the complete swap? Things like torsion bars, front end and disc brakes? It has and open 9 1/4" rear whereas my notch has 8 3/4 SG.

Thank you in advance for any help.

nope ...unfortunately later C-bodies like that are pretty useless.

the rear is wayyyy too wide for the cuda plus the 8 3/4 is preferable.

if you ever do a big block swap the newyorker probably has a nice cast crank 440 ......that is a lo performance 440 .....but it would scoot an A-body pretty good. i have a 78 era 440 /727 in an abody but you need to modify a lot to get in the cuda ....nothing simple bolt in here.

if your scrapping the new yorker make sure and grab the headlight motor and rod ....thats worth 100 - 150 bcoz its same as charger. ......and also the 15 inch steelies are worth holding on too ...maybe rear defrost motor if it has one......i would hang on the the driveshaft too.

other than that ....pretty useless parts car

the car doesn't yeild a whole lot of parts for An abody but if its big block and the car isn't worth fixing remove it even if your not planning on using it in your A body

Figured as much but can't hurt to ask. Motor is out. Was 30 over when i bought the car only had to hone to 40. Decked. KB 237 pistons, balanced, polished crank, lunati 60304, using 902 heads that have hardened seats and template ported, CH4B intake, etc... Waiting on street demon 750 to be released at the end of this month. I had already switch to electronic ignition from lean burn and have a 6al collecting dust. Figure at least a front disc conversion and bigger torsion bars.

1847_4940979675447_982143909_n.jpg

555336_4845071237796_60395244_n.jpg

72619_4845049757259_246477413_n.jpg

68038_4262772840700_1329800912_n.jpg

cast crank is fine for my intended use an goal HP. would like 1:1, but 400+ is fine for me.

Wow, that c-body looks nice from what i can see in the pics...if so why not sell the whole car?

Man, after looking at the 2nd pic that car is beautiful, I really hope you sell it and don't part it out, that is a very nice car and getting hard to find.

it would make a good low rider in California.....i had a 78 2 door hard top and i pulled the engine and C- body rallys it had and put on some old tires and sold the body to some "vatos" LOL

Attachments

• CIMG3608.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 303
  • CIMG3610.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 298
Wow, that c-body looks nice from what i can see in the pics...if so why not sell the whole car?

I will sell it whole as a roller. two are interested. it is very straight just not worth fixing up IMO. someone else would love it. I got what I wanted out of it.

I will sell it whole as a roller. two are interested. it is very straight just not worth fixing up IMO. someone else would love it. I got what I wanted out of it.

Awesome to hear. I know c-body cars are not deseriable to everybody but they should be save like any other old Mopar. And their parts do have value, anybody ever try to find nice parts for a car like this? Pretty hard, let alone finding a car in this shape. Personally, I would love to own a boat like this, just can't find any here in MN.

if they try to beat you down on price dont waste your time ....the C-body crowd is the biggest bunch of cheap skates ever ...they always want something for nothing.....you can have a beautiful car and the will try to get it for a song ....same car but A or B body and ppl wont hassle and it would sell right away.

stick to your guns and dont them cheap you out like they usually do.
i had three lowballers on that 2 door and it was just getting ready to go to scrap before the low riders came along

the guys who want to buy want it as a driver, which is what I used it for 2 years now. The car is about a 5. has older body work in the both rear 1/4's and the paint is faded pretty bad in those areas. the dash and such is in good shape but the seats are faded and door handles are cracked pretty bad. still has factory 8 track that I used all the time! Head liner is falling down. I took it down and tried to glue it back but the foam backing is separating so it is falling again. Power everything. Brougham. ate fuel at a rate of about 11mpg hwy. lol! it really was a fun car, but now that I found a barracuda it has to go and it served my purposes. Two years of no car payment, lots of smiles, and a 440/727 combo for my new Abody. HELL YEAH!!!!

the guys who want to buy want it as a driver, which is what I used it for 2 years now. The car is about a 5. has older body work in the both rear 1/4's and the paint is faded pretty bad in those areas. the dash and such is in good shape but the seats are faded and door handles are cracked pretty bad. still has factory 8 track that I used all the time! Head liner is falling down. I took it down and tried to glue it back but the foam backing is separating so it is falling again. Power everything. Brougham. ate fuel at a rate of about 11mpg hwy. lol! it really was a fun car, but now that I found a barracuda it has to go and it served my purposes. Two years of no car payment, lots of smiles, and a 440/727 combo for my new Abody. HELL YEAH!!!!

thats cool if a buyer is willing to be fair and do something with the car.....

if your low-balled ...dont forget that demo- derby season is coming and those guys usually dont lowball ....i have sent a few to the derby and it was well worth the effort

Not sure who's this is, but it was in my folder from the 2011 car show. 383 Dart. In the 21 and under row. might be one reason they suspended the class this upcoming year.

269682_2002442893864_3625181_n.jpg

thats cool if a buyer is willing to be fair and do something with the car.....

if your low-balled ...dont forget that demo- derby season is coming and those guys usually dont lowball ....i have sent a few to the derby and it was well worth the effort

I only paid 1300. so Im not worried about losing money considering what I got out of it.

Everything from the spindles outward will bolt on to an A-Body. I did this on my 67 Barracuda which was originally 4 wheel drums back in '96. It hasn't been on the road since 1998...but I am back working on it. I just got stuff from a junkyard 1973 Satelite.

I believe the beefy tie rod adjusters would cross over...Motor/trans/rear (cut it down) sell as is, all these parts are throw aways on yard rust buckets, your aint!

I wouldn't have taken the engine out of that car, was way too nice looking; thought you were junking a rust bucket...

I wouldn't have taken the engine out of that car, was way too nice looking; thought you were junking a rust bucket...

I agree.

This sounds like that beautiful Fury Gran Sport that someone pulled the motor/tranny out of just to have a big block. Then he was going to scrap the car.. WTF.

Yep - I would have sold it together. But seeing as you've grabbed the heart - it's not worth much. My '69 300 I got for $600 after he pulled the 440 HP from it. I offered him $1500 with the engine... My wagon parts car I got for $300, pulled the nose, the rear, sold a couple parts off it, and got $280 when i scrapped the hulk. They really aren't worth much when they are not complete and running. Too bad really...

Not worth much around here whole either. Very rural America. No demand for a huge gas guzzling boat with no collector value. Demo derby is popular. However I am selling it to a friend who plans on putting it back on the road for $600. So for 700 i got what I wanted andI got 2 years of daily use and enjoyment in the meanwhile. I toyed with the idea many times of restoring it when I couldn't find anything else. But in my heart i knew id never be satisfied so i stuck to the plan and found a great little 68 notch after I had all but given up hope.

That "Beautiful" Gran Coupe turned out to be a complete rust bucket. Everything under was rusted through and the frame rails had big holes ate through them. The rear fenders were rotted and all the window trim and under vinyl top was falling apart. Just wanted to let you know so you could put your mind at ease. And my mind is definitely at ease as I have made back all my money parting it plus some, and haven't even scraped it yet. Plus my Dart gets a BB transformation that I now have been paid to have. I caught alot of crap for that but it was beyond saving by anyone other than the most dedicated and stubborn C-Body enthusiast. :finga:

-
Back