Passon Performance 5-speed

-
has anyone installed a passon 5sp in a e body.i would like to see some pictures of one with shifter installed.i have a e body 4sp with pistol grip in a non e body car that I made my own trans tunnel for.before I order one I need to no it will clear my floor.thank anyone in advance for any help.

I put one in my 440-6 1970 'Cuda. I don't have the pictures with the carpet out, because it doesn't need to come out. I can take some shots of the carpeted top/interior and if you tell me spots to measure from, I can lay a tape measure across the car etc.

I can also get you some detailed shots under the car looking up if that will help.

If it were me, I would get one and fix the floor if needed?

Glad you are enjoying your A855 JBC426. Makes me super itchy to receive mine but I guess that will be a
Long time yet. Does anybody have news to share about a 5 speed received since March?

Just wait until you have to stay out of it to break it in properly! Talk about patience.
I do have a quick story now that it has a few hundred more miles on it.

I was first lane on the inside left turn lane getting onto the freeway. Just topped it off with 101 octane fuel. All of a sudden, I hear a "Hell Yah!" from my right. Sitting their is one of those Hemi powered Rumble Bee Trucks. He was first in the second left turn lane.

Mind you, these are lanes to get on the freeway. As soon as the light turned green, I heard him starting to spin the tires to get around the outside of me and get her pointed straight. I did the same thing without the spin, just all real casual like.

The second I got the car pointed were I wanted to end up in 10 seconds or so, I hammered it wide open and rung it to 6400 rpm through all the gears until 4th. I got on the brakes slipped it into 5th, and began to look for where the guy was. He was half way back near the light still on it.

It must have blown his mind. It's not often you see a triple black, 720hp, Passon 5-speed with 3.73's hook-up hard and get full traction on the street. The whole car was flexing the tires in all sorts of strange directions, but the chassis felt solid. I've never felt the tires flex around like that before- front and rear- all while just dead hooking, HARD! It was awesome! It just pointed straight down the road with minimal steering input. It was obvious that these cars were engineered by some really smart guys.

Awesome story I just wish I had even a 4-speed to do the same. About that tire flex what size rims/tires you running? Might be better off with some sticky lower-profile tires on some 17's if you don't mind the look.

I talked with Jamie today on the phone and he told me he is in the process of revamping his production process which will delay things up front but will be a good thing in the long run as once he has it in place he will be able to do more a lot quicker. I'm number 182 so he says I'm realistically looking at being nine months out.

I will have one of these....when available to the masses.
In the meantime you're just going to have to buckle down and make do with what you have.

A833-GearVendor_zpsf94d1d70.jpg

In the meantime you're just going to have to buckle down and make do with what you have.

A833-GearVendor_zpsf94d1d70.jpg

I will say...under hard acceleration....simply flipping the toggle for a HARD and FAST 1st low to 1st high instead of a power 2nd (low) gear shift .....ain't all that bad. The next shift is to 2nd high....then to 3rd high (bout the same as 4th). As many know the first shift after launch is an aggressive one....after that the car and the adrenaline settle down a tad.

I WILL have a Passon 5 speed one of these days....maybe in the Cable car.

Just wait until you have to stay out of it to break it in properly! Talk about patience.
I do have a quick story now that it has a few hundred more miles on it.

I was first lane on the inside left turn lane getting onto the freeway. Just topped it off with 101 octane fuel. All of a sudden, I hear a "Hell Yah!" from my right. Sitting their is one of those Hemi powered Rumble Bee Trucks. He was first in the second left turn lane.

Mind you, these are lanes to get on the freeway. As soon as the light turned green, I heard him starting to spin the tires to get around the outside of me and get her pointed straight. I did the same thing without the spin, just all real casual like.

The second I got the car pointed were I wanted to end up in 10 seconds or so, I hammered it wide open and rung it to 6400 rpm through all the gears until 4th. I got on the brakes slipped it into 5th, and began to look for where the guy was. He was half way back near the light still on it.

It must have blown his mind. It's not often you see a triple black, 720hp, Passon 5-speed with 3.73's hook-up hard and get full traction on the street. The whole car was flexing the tires in all sorts of strange directions, but the chassis felt solid. I've never felt the tires flex around like that before- front and rear- all while just dead hooking, HARD! It was awesome! It just pointed straight down the road with minimal steering input. It was obvious that these cars were engineered by some really smart guys.
You've had the transmission 2 yrs. now, any problems?

You've had the transmission 2 yrs. now, any problems?

Nothing to report. The car is sitting in my garage right now. I had some valve train issues go on and am going to upgrade to a mechanical roller over the winter.

I finally got my 6.1 L Hemi Cuda project finished this year and have about 600 miles on the 5 speed. So far, very happy with the tranny (and the Hemi!!!)
Jim.

I hear Jamie is shipping 5 spds again. E-body units for now. Hopefully the A-body ones will will follow in the near future.

Chris,
The shifter and linkage is part of the transmission package. I need to know what year everything is though, so we can put the appropriate tower on it.
Thanks,
Jamie
Jamie,is the A body mopar 5 speed kit available and the cost? Thanks.

I have to gather a flywheel,bell housing,pedals, and related parts to do the swap anyway to do an automatic to manual swap,so I have time. Thank you for the info.

If you get on his list now you are probably looking at a couple year minimum wait. I have ben on his list for right at five years at number 181. I called him recently and he was reluctant to provide any estimate for when a five speed will be available for me. After I asked if he could give me at least some idea, 6 mos., 1 year, 1-1/2 year.... he said at this point I'm probably looking at a bit over a year. He was also not anxious to tell me how many transmissions have been produced and delivered. He did tell me that he doesn't follow the list numerically and that he builds and tests transmissions as parts that pass quality control are available for different units. So, I wait patiently as I am sure his product will be worth the extended wait.

McLeods 5 speed will/ is? Available before that. 500ft lbs torque, conservatively rated,small size and 2995.00.

Mcleod case designed around T5 dimensions and ratios. Look at the Mcleod and a T5 side by side...

-
Back