People who let rare cars rot.

Do you like to see stubborn owners let old mopars rot away

• Yes, I love it and fantasize about it!

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Yes, I'm a hoarder and soon I'll have the only one left.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Hell no.

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • Idk i vote with the majority and am a sheeple

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
-
Lots of people that buy those rotting cars, drag them home to another location, then they just rot away at the new location.
I agree. 100%
I sold my 1970 340 4 spd duster because I knew it would be 10 years before I had my duck lined up to patch and put it all together in paint. I sold it for a very fair price too 3,500. 9 yrs ago through a member here... who was supposed to let me know when it was finished and show me the car... that is what I asked of the deal, finish and I just wanna see it once... for all I know ... it's parted. A lot of people in the hobby only help themselves and it's disheartening.

Sorry, not climbing on board with this rant. It's my car, I bought it. I paid the taxes on it. I'll do exactly with it what I like. Most of the time people want you to damn near give it to them. I understand that some think they are holding gold, more like pyrite. But it belongs to them. I suppose your one of those eminent domain kind of guys also. You know, the ones that say your not using your land efficiently so I'm taking it for the good of.... and wont pay what its worth. Cuz that's what your talking about here "Eminent Domain". People don't like something, so they think they should be able to take it. They pass laws just like this. That's not the America I defend/ed. As the saying goes. Everything has a price. You want it that bad. Keep offering until the deal is made.

Be kind, strike up a conversation, listen, make an offer, leave a card with a number, and walk away respectfully.

Oh, and never pay full price for late pizza.
Stubborn and old are we? Lol
Then you assume I'm a land stealer??
Everyone who agreed with you , are they as presumptuous and paranoid as you?
Tell me why I should finagle the pizza guy again? I dont do delivery. You can have all the cold spit on pizza you want while you accuse your neighbor of stealing your mail and his dog yellow spotting your lawn while you're at it. Lmao

When people choose to let these old cars rot, it is fine with me. It just makes the ones that have been saved all the more valuable.

That's only thinking of yourself and your bottom line$

You dont sound like an enthusiast, you sound like you're a collector..or hoarder.

That's only thinking of yourself and your bottom line$

You dont sound like an enthusiast, you sound like you're a collector..or hoarder.
Is there a particular reason you choose to judge and insult me? I expressed my opinion just the same as you did. I didn’t insult yours or judge you.

You know nothing about me.

Is there a particular reason you choose to judge and insult me? I expressed my opinion just the same as you did. I didn’t insult yours or judge you.

You know nothing about me.
You're absolutely right that's why I worded it a certain way that I thought you would catch which was 'you sound like' and not.. *you are*. As for you...I can't help how you word your reply to my thread fyi

I agree. 100%
I sold my 1970 340 4 spd duster because I knew it would be 10 years before I had my duck lined up to patch and put it all together in paint. I sold it for a very fair price too 3,500. 9 yrs ago through a member here... who was supposed to let me know when it was finished and show me the car... that is what I asked of the deal, finish and I just wanna see it once... for all I know ... it's parted. A lot of people in the hobby only help themselves and it's disheartening.
You should not of sold it then there is no promises once you sell a car that's that. Instead of starting a thread, you should just PM the guy and tell him how you feel. This is very disrespectful to that member.

You should not of sold it then there is no promises once you sell a car that's that. Instead of starting a thread, you should just PM the guy and tell him how you feel. This is very disrespectful to that member.
Pm who?
The example link?
I could have taken the pics and pasted them...like he wouldn't know it's his car?lol
Bet his ad is on fire right now. I'd thank me. Someone crazy enough for anything given its shown to them ;)
As for my 1970 duster I saved it, by letting it go to someone who could or thought they could restore it...besides the point. The point of this thread is..
SAVE THESE MOPARS BEFORE THEY'RE RUSTED JUNK ...IS THE POINT.
You aren't cool because you have a rotted Super Bee out in the orange Orchard for the last 30 yrs... no matter how many keystone ice's you've had.

Last edited:
Pm who?
I saved it, by letting it go to someone who could or thought they could restore it...besides the point. This thread isnt about that transaction .Why are you trying to read between lines or search an underlying motive when there us none other than..

SAVE THESE MOPARS BEFORE THEY'RERUSTED JUNK IS THE POINT.
You aren't cool because you have a rotted Super Bee out in the orange Orchard no matter how many keystone ice you've had..lol

Quantum53 the member who your bashing on for trying to sell his 340 swinger thats rotted for 5500k, instead of bashing on him PM him and tell him how you feel. Instead of starting a thread that he probably wont even see. I wouldnt pay 5500 for that car, but doesnt mean im going to bash him for it.

Lately I have seen more muscle cars pop up for sale that have been lost to rot from lack of proper storage, lack of money...or even lack of interest in restoring the car...yet they hang on to them and turn down offers...saying how they're gonna restore it.
Some of these people even think someday some city slicker or tv car show guy will show up and A. Restore it for them ... or B. Hand out some stupid high cash offer for it.
Then there are the retards.... it was my sons, hes dead... so itll rot in the yard till its dust. Wtf... fix it... in honor/remembrance of him...he'd probably want that instead of it as a rusted weed covered pile of forgotten **** in the yard.

It's really hard 'for me at least ' to not wanna tear into and berate these people who post sale ads of rotted 340 cars for letting them rot to ****.. and for asking too high a price that it will most certai ly end up a parts car or recycled.By the time they finally let it go... its ******* junk with 65%-80% nothing but rust holes...

[FOR SALE] - 1969 Swinger "340" and parts car

At least he acknowledges what he did.... but still makes me sick!!
Store it properly or sell it to someone who can!! You cant take it with you, and you arent gonna get a dime for it if its junk.

This is for all the guys who would love to have/buy and or have been looking for a decent numbers project and goes out to all the backwoods autowreckers ,people in general, and weirdo family's who just let everything go to **** in the side yard and still expect top dollar when/if they do sell.
If you arent one of those people who let's them rot...then this is not aimed at you. Its beyond a hobby at a certain point... its historical preservation of our American heritage.

who are you to judge someone on how they want to treat their property. the cars are the owners property and they hold on to them for any number of reasons. maybe you should respect their wishes. if the car ends up a beer can then so be it. they are "retards" because they have a sentimental connection to their dead sons car? really? what kind of douchebag are you... unreal ... if they ever sell the cars it will be on their terms..

Last edited by a moderator:
who are you to judge someone on how they want to treat their property. the cars are the owners property and they hold on to them for any number of reasons. maybe you should respect them and leave them the hell along.. if the car ends up a beer can then so be it. they are "retards" because they have a sentimental connection to their dead sons car? really? what kind of douchebag are you... unreal ... if they ever sell the cars it will be on their terms.. go find another one...
Hey bozo, this isnt abodyjoes.. so wipe the marinara sauce off your chin and show respect. No body called you out. Have some class. You can go stir it up and play keyboard warrior over on your circus board

Last edited by a moderator:
Quantum53 the member who your bashing on for trying to sell his 340 swinger thats rotted for 5500k, instead of bashing on him PM him and tell him how you feel. Instead of starting a thread that he probably wont even see. I wouldnt pay 5500 for that car, but doesnt mean im going to bash him for it.

How do you know I dont work for him.

Haha clowns.

You always know when people have it out for you when you just share a marginally disagreeable opinion .... they come out of the woodwork and relentlessly try and Bash and berate ,stir It up until the thread is lit ablaze and deleted.

Hey bozo, this isnt abodyjoes.. so wipe the marinara sauce off your chin and show respect. No body called you out. Have some class. You can go stir it up and play keyboard warrior over on your circus board

what an idiot... go back to mommys basement and forget about people that choose to let their property sit.

It would be nice if this didn't get deleted and people could not get pissed off and not go 12 year old on everyone.

We all know we've seen a car that is so far gone and the price is so high that it's intentional to not sell it and it is just a waste.

Stop pissin your pants everyone.

It's easy to see both sides of the coin. When I was in grammar school in the mid 70s, I remember a 66 I think it was Corvette. I remember it had the 365 Horse 327 and 4 speed. That was the most powerful 327 there was......besides the fuel injected model. Anyway, the car was absolutely beautiful, solid black and always sat under a carport in a nearby neighborhood to our school. Fast-forward to "about" 1995. I was working at the local Olds dealership......and the car was still "right" down the road. It had long been known by this time that the old couple had held onto the car because it belonged to their son who was killed in Vietnam. So, one day, the guy who worked in the adjacent stall and I rode down to take a look. The old guy came out and showed us all around the car. It was still like new. Even started it up for us. Gnarly sounding little small block it was. Rick, the guy who was with me made a cash offer right there on the spot. The old guy accepted it. 20 minutes later we went back and Rick handed him 35K cash money. Rick still has that car today. It's "somewhere" under 50K miles. The old guy "was just ready" to let the car go. A couple of months later we rode by IN THE CAR to show him how nice and detailed it was and they had moved and the house was for sale. You just never know. Sometimes people just cannot let go. Rick got lucky.

Haha clowns.

Haha clowns.

You always know when people have it out for you when you just share a marginally disagreeable opinion .... they come out of the woodwork and relentlessly try and Bash and berate ,stir It up until the thread is lit ablaze and deleted.
Clowns? your the Clown, crying over cars.

It would be nice if this didn't get deleted and people could not get pissed off and not go 12 year old on everyone.

We all know we've seen a car that is so far gone and the price is so high that it's intentional to not sell it and it is just is a waste.

Stop pissin your pants everyone.

I pissed my pants again? Dammit I knew I smelt somethin.

You know what I mean?
Some people get all rattled. You just can't take some people anywhere...lol

It's an easy subject to get passionate about. I see through your snarkiness and that's all it is.......you have great passion for the hobby and these cars. I think that's a good thing........snarkiness and all. LOL

It's an easy subject to get passionate about. I see through your snarkiness and that's all it is.......you have great passion for the hobby and these cars. I think that's a good thing........snarkiness and all. LOL

More look more for offence than for intent/moral. It's amazing to watch peoples heads explode, curse at , accuse, etc...

I want a roof over my cars so they don't sit out in the weather and collect leaves and pine straw. Humid here and lots of timber. I want all the rust repaired so they don't keep rusting away. They may not be pretty or have good paint...yet. I want them to drive down the road.. and back. No they probably will not get a fresh engine.
I love the chase I guess. I buy cheap enough when I sell I don't lose any $, maybe just my time. I want the new owner to buy and be happy and appreciate what he bought. If he flips it for a profit ,that is his business. More power to him for being smarter than me.
I try to save these old cars when I can but I can't save them all and that's OK. I am OK with the fact that it takes parts cars to build surviving cars.
I tend to price my cars for sale at what I think is fair to me and the buyer. I tend not to price them up just so someone can bargain me down. If I have a car worth $70, and price it at $50, do doubt the buyer will offer me $30 !!!!!!!!
Anything I get over scrap price is salesmanship!!????? lol

-
Back