Pick a clutch.....any clutch

-
Im thinking my build might approach 600 although that wasnt my intention. Just got carried away.
Anyhow... Mcleod told me I could get away with the Super street Pro ...IIRC...but recommended the RST which might be overkill since it will only see the strip a few times per year.

I have the McLeod super street pro clutch.. lightweight steel flywheel, quicktime Bell, 4.56 gears maybe 475hp.... I’ll just say it’s very grabby, but it’s ok now that I’m used to it. I’ll buy a clutch tammer before I take it to the track, everything behind the trans is solid but with 4500+ rpm launches if it hooks something’s gonna brake

I have the McLeod super street pro clutch.. lightweight steel flywheel, quicktime Bell, 4.56 gears maybe 475hp.... I’ll just say it’s very grabby, but it’s ok now that I’m used to it. I’ll buy a clutch tammer before I take it to the track, everything behind the trans is solid but with 4500+ rpm launches if it hooks something’s gonna brake

Lol invest in torque straps, trust me i know

^ it has a motor plate with an engine limiter, frame connectors, and I do th think it will need it but it may get a 6 point bar as well

A clutch bag?
e9d56fd6-3eb9-4b51-8904-a9fb42e9ae0d.jpg

But in all seriousness.

I used the centerforce dual friction with a 450 horse sb stroker and hydraulic throwout bearing.
I did a rebuild and head swap this winter. Should be banging the 600-650 horse area. Planning to use the same clutch and bearing

What hydraulic setup did you use? If I had it to do over I may have went that rout. Nothing about the quicktime Bell was right with the mechanical linkage

What hydraulic setup did you use? If I had it to do over I may have went that rout. Nothing about the quicktime Bell was right with the mechanical linkage
Huge amount of work, once right it is great.

Yea after I fixed everything it seems good, the plus side to the mechanical linkage is you really have a good feel of the clutch

you can drill a hole on back side to adjust clutch. don't need to send it to anyone!!! we have a .750 hole drilled in ours. hell of lot easier to adjust , versus a window on the bell!
Old post I know, I wonder if you have a photo of this showing the location of the hole?

i don't know how to send pics, however, on back of the bell where trans mounts is where the hole is drilled, if you have a mopar trans , the upper right hole lines up with the adjuster hole in clutch. if have a jerico, then have to move down partway on face and line up to a adjuster on clutch to drill hole, i did mine in my milling machine when you do all this, then mark the dampner where hole lines up, easier to adjust then

How does one check for clutch departure with a QuickTime bell? When installed 5 years ago, I had a mechanic friend help me, this time I'm on my own.

-
Back