picture needed: stock black wheels with dog dish and beauty rings

-

kielbasavw

Reaction score
All my buddies are baggin on me for putting black wheels on my car, they said i should have color matched or silver. But my a buddy of mine says hes got some 14in beauty rings that would make it even better. I really like the look of my car with a thin white wall and dog dishes. Not sure if i would like the beauty rings or not. Any of you have pics with the same setup?

20121017_165530.jpg

There is only one person who has to like the way a car looks. That is the title holder. Do what you like and enjoy. Tell your friends to build their cars the way they want them.

There is only one person who has to like the way a car looks. That is the title holder. Do what you like and enjoy. Tell your friends to build their cars the way they want them.

+1 to what he said.

Everybody always tells me I need a big block in my valiant. Why do they say this. They think that horsepower is the only thing that makes a car enjoyable. One co-worker has a 13-1 460 in a mustang II he can't afford the gas to do anything more than fire it up in the driveway. Don't ever change a car just to suit someone elses opinion yours is the only one that matters.

Of course if you put 20 inch wheels and a small block chebbby in that car I will be showing up at your house with lots of fire.:toothy5:

I think it looks sweet just as it is!! Body color would look nice too :glasses7:

Big NO to beauty rings. Always thought that looked corny on steel wheels.
I think the car looks pretty cool the way it is.
If anything,ditch the white walls for a set of white letter BFG's.

My sons Dart with painted wheels if its any help.

Attachments

• 100_0479 (600 x 400).jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 526
Well i was curious to see how beauty rings would look. I painted them black after they told me to color match. Because i liked the way they look. Maybe I'd like the look of the beauty rings but its nothing I'm obsessing about. Just curious

I'm not sure you can pull off having beauty rings on 14" rims with dog dishes. 15's maybe, 16's more like it. Not 14" rims, too busy, too "cluttered" looking for me.

But I also can't stand thin white walls, so my opinion may not matter. I like black steel wheels with dog dishes, and either black wall or black wall/white letter tires, I'd leave the trim rings off. But that's just me.

I looked through the hundreds upon hundreds of pictures of mopars on my computer to see if I had anything with a standard steel wheel with a trim ring and dog dishes and only found this ONE.

Attachments

• 3204809369_117c3d63fc_o copy.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 475
View your wheel, tire & hubcap from different angles....it may influence your decision.

Angle views usually point out that extra stripes, words, etc. cause complexity of the view as everything starts to blend together.

Solid black tire, solid wheel color, and solid hubcap color are busy enough for some when viewed from an angle.

see:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107913...hkey=Gv1sRgCNzQ6KC8163HRw#5800596924539539346
1DartWheelHubcapTireColor

Third photo down, back wheel, not really diggin the beauty ring. I do agree, color matched wheels do look really nice, but i felt my car should have black, its a very stock car slant six, nothing special. And i didn't really want it to look too flashy. Plus there is no good paint close to my color car that i feel would hold up on the rim. I used an acrylic semi gloss rattle can. Cheap but the acrylic makes it very durable. I would have hated to see typical rattle can paint to flake off at some point.

my garage art:

Attachments

• Picture 064.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 471
but i felt my car should have black, its a very stock car slant six, nothing special. And i didn't really want it to look too flashy

actually originally stock dog dish cars came with body color wheels and full wheel cover cars came with black wheels.

black wheels with dog dish caps started in 71. Before that they were body color.

Well i was trying to say i was going for a stock feel. Painted wheels feels too flashy for a car that is suppose to be boring. Slant six early valiant.. i don't think it should look any fast. Atleast mine.

painted wheels don't make it look fast in my opinion. makes it look bare bones to me. like i said stock with dog dishes the wheels were body color even on a slant six car..

i sure done see anything flashy or fast looking about this.. :)

scan0001.jpg

I plan to run thin rings on my 65 on 15" rims. Most pictured seem to be of wide rings. The thinner rings seem to be more of a hotrod thing, but IMO look better and less clunky.

I have stainless red stripes and polished trim rings on my Dart. I will post a couple photos later. I am on my phone now. Tmm

Here's a few. I started with the brushed rings but I found a set of polished ones at the Nats. They really brightened up the look. 66 GT's have a lot of chrome and the polished rings classed the look up a bit. I tried the original body colored when I first got the car but didn't like the look. Eventually I hope to have the body in black and probably Cragar SS's. tmm

Attachments

• 087.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 416
  • 102.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 1-8-12.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 422
I plan to run thin rings on my 65 on 15" rims. Most pictured seem to be of wide rings. The thinner rings seem to be more of a hotrod thing, but IMO look better and less clunky.

You already have the 15" on 4" bolt circle pattern? not real common....I like the black with chrome lug nuts look, and maybe a chrome bearing dust cap.

-
Back