Pictures of cars and things of my past of my past

-
@Oldmanmopar I love these pics! That said, I've been doing photography on the side the last 8 years or so, and was big into when I was a younger, manual lenses and film. I thought a lot of your pics could use a little 'tweaking' so I took the liberty of downloading one, spent a few minutes tweaking it in lightroom. I could do better with your original scan instead of a download off here, the quality sucks, lol.
There are people who are far better at this than I am. I could chase you up a few.
Before and after modifications.

088.jpg

fullres-088-2.jpg

The 65 Hemi plymouth was a Drag car that was raced in Canada. It was a real mess . The welds were bubble gum on the whole car. There was no motor. It was originally red with red interior and was stick on the column could have been a /6

The Hemi that is on my truck I delivered it to Ray Barton for a complete up grade for Brian's Bronze 67 GTX recently featured in car craft.

The 60 plymouth was 383 Magnum 4 spd. out of a Roadrunner

The 67 shelby was 428 auto. I repainted it the original Red color with white stripes and sold it. it went over seas. It was a pig for what it was. It looked nice performance was just not impressive. I should have pics of it done somewhere in these boxes.
I can remember the oil pan rail broke off tightening the oil pan bolts. If you ever get a chance to check the rails out on a FE ford you will not believe how thin they are. Like an 1/8 inch

!CID__DSC00124.jpg

agt1.jpg

agt2.jpg

brian's motor6.jpg

Hemi.jpg

hemi1.jpg

hemi2.jpg

hemi3[2].jpg

scan0003.jpg

spoiler pics 619.jpg

@Oldmanmopar I love these pics! That said, I've been doing photography on the side the last 8 years or so, and was big into when I was a younger, manual lenses and film. I thought a lot of your pics could use a little 'tweaking' so I took the liberty of downloading one, spent a few minutes tweaking it in lightroom. I could do better with your original scan instead of a download off here, the quality sucks, lol.
There are people who are far better at this than I am. I could chase you up a few.
Before and after modifications.

View attachment 1715367956

View attachment 1715367957
Wow what a difference. That was a cool car when my sister bought it new. I ended up with it when her Husband went to Vietnam.

The Duster I bought in north Pa I sold it to a lady in Windgap Pa. I just saw it going the other way while I was driving she still has it.

The nitro rail my son and Dave would take it to Nostalgia meets

The Charger I stripped it for the drive line for my Roadrunner and sold the rest on FBBO.

The Duster was used for body parts and scrapped. I used the unitized front on someones car and the quarters were saved.

scan0019[1].jpg

scan0019[1].jpg

!CID__0926131633a.jpg

!CID__0926131737a.jpg

Hemi_Hunter_by_426maxwedgie.jpg

00q0q_lOnmMKCT37W_600x450.jpg

00U0U_egGtxzLmkdF_600x450.jpg

DSCN2531.JPG

DSCN2532 (2).JPG

DSCN2536 (2).JPG

This was the black 87 Dodge 100 that you see in pictures towing my trailer. I bought it new. It went through some mods for more power. 360's, 340's, Blower motor. I then changed it to a 93 diesel title and cab when I put the 2003 common rail in it.

I was disappointed with the 03 motor compared to the 04 1/2 to 07 1/2 motors. It was sold and went west . It is on you tube They painted it blue and added their touch of California bling.

Here is the video of it. He was claiming at first he built the truck from scratch until I loaded picture's. He never thought anyone would know. But like I said before a builder knows his builds you cannot hide everything. The rear tank was installed from a Ramcharger. The truck had factory 350 suspension and it was a short bed. Plus the floor change for the Turbo.

You guys would not believe some of the cars I see at Carlisle that the owners have no clue they are driving two cars that were cut in half to repair when they were new. Roadrunners , R/T's , Superbees .

Even that 62 conv. I pictured is two cars made into one. A 64 and a 62 . There is always things to remember them by. If you do them right the average person cannot tell. My Orange Duster was half turquoise 68 Dart and half white Duster. Someone that knows the two style cars that I used could tell but the average person cannot. I will load more pictures of other cars when I get time.

1[5].jpg

2[4].jpg

3[1].jpg

4[4].jpg

5[3].jpg

Picture 034.jpg

steve 025.jpg

steve 026.jpg

steve 027.jpg

steve 028.jpg

Last edited:
I will post more pictures it is taking longer than I thought there are many more. They are sorted in bags in a shoe box. I loaded a bag of Darts. There around 30 more bags in this box. So if you see a car you may own now just ask. Some of these were sold.

This green dart was a W2 360 it was a drag car that a flood took into a big creek. This is the car I got my "be-cool" rad. from. The reason my car ran hot for a several seasons
001.jpg

002.jpg

The blue dart was a 340 4spd swinger the others were dart GT's. The red one was /6 auto clean car . My wife drove it. The Tan dart was a V8 auto it was sold after I took parts for another dart. I had a GT B5 white top V8 auto AC. I believe I have pictures. I used the interior and a fender from the red /6. the swinger was B7 white top. I was doing the car for my wife and then she got pregnant with Steve. I think I sold it to my helper/neighbor Todd and he totaled the car drunk
003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Last edited:
More
This was a real nice car. But the frames were rotted bad. I bought it out of a junk yard I patched it and my wife drove it a couple years
011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

This is the B5 blue car it was a white top 318 AC 8 3/4 factory. No body or frame rot. Just some dents I used the best parts from all the GT's. We put a new white vinyl on it also.
020.jpg

Last edited:
more
67 dart GT V8 auto. black interior that was the factory color orange
021.jpg

69 340 4spd hit in front I trade a firebird for it . I sold it it went to whitehall where car was used to fix a bright green swinger. The car is still around the DART Swinger in the stripe is still blue the car is green. The car was that nice it didn't need the stripe replaced and you couldn't get them at that time.
022.jpg

one of the parts cars

023.jpg

this is a white 68 dart GT there are other pictures here somewhere. I put twin scoops on the hood because it was burned and it warped and I put all the chrome back on the car
024.jpg

67 dart 273 HiPo 4 spd bought it in Wndgap Pa. I used it to put a GTS back together . motor , trans and rear. It sat for years with the windows smashed. It had a factory tach on the console.
025.jpg

This car was a 383 Auto I put everything in this car from a 71 Superbee, I even put the slap stick shifter in front of the bench seat. It was factory frey with red bench seat interior. I sold it the guy that bought it left his friend take it for a ride and he rolled it over. He destroyed the body the car still ran. Last known in a garage in Fullerton Pa.
026.jpg

027.jpg

Putting the roof on the b5 blue dart GT
028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

Last edited:
More
The dart we were putting the roof on
031.jpg

This was a 340 auto on column car. it ran and drove we used it for parts
032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

my wife drove this for a while LOL she hated it
035.jpg

This was a big block race car that was stripped. It was an original 340 4 spd car. I put the 67 drive line from the GT above in this car. I also had a realy nice 68 4dr parts car I got the title and the body
036.jpg

340 4spd hit hard in the front we clipped the car with a yellow Demon unitize nose and dart 4dr fenders and hood
037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

This is the swinger that was stolen from me in 1973 I bought it back in 2004 not knowing it was my car.
040.jpg

Last edited:
The 65 Hemi plymouth was a Drag car that was raced in Canada. It was a real mess . The welds were bubble gum on the whole car. There was no motor. It was originally red with red interior and was stick on the column could have been a /6

The Hemi that is on my truck I delivered it to Ray Barton for a complete up grade for Brian's Bronze 67 GTX recently featured in car craft.

The 60 plymouth was 383 Magnum 4 spd. out of a Roadrunner

The 67 shelby was 428 auto. I repainted it the original Red color with white stripes and sold it. it went over seas. It was a pig for what it was. It looked nice performance was just not impressive. I should have pics of it done somewhere in these boxes.
I can remember the oil pan rail broke off tightening the oil pan bolts. If you ever get a chance to check the rails out on a FE ford you will not believe how thin they are. Like an 1/8 inch

View attachment 1715368896

View attachment 1715368897

View attachment 1715368898

View attachment 1715368899

View attachment 1715368900

View attachment 1715368901

View attachment 1715368902

View attachment 1715368904

View attachment 1715368905

View attachment 1715368906
I love that '60. If I had that, the only song that would be cranking out of the speakers would be George Throgood's 'Bad to the bone', because it sure looks it. Again, thanks for posting all this, it's great!

I have a lot more pictures. I just have to scan them in. I can't fight with other members and scan picture at the same time. LOL

Steve, there are few people I've run across who've had the vast Mopar background you have, and still able to accurately recall, document and help with the kind of detail that you do.

Why does one assume that that was meant as an insult. It actually looks like he's quoting somebody ...perhaps he's quoting the author of this thread , I really don't know... but nobody is asking either.

Why does one assume that that was meant as an insult. It actually looks like he's quoting somebody ...perhaps he's quoting the author of this thread , I really don't know... but nobody is asking either.
I am the author of the thread and I was the one that replied. Doesn't look like you asked before your comment either.

But what the hell does that matter anyway? Like you everyone has an opinion and should be able to voice it. This is and old thread of mine I commented on.

Last edited:
I am the author of the thread and I was the one that replied. Doesn't look like you asked before your comment either.

But what the hell does that matter anyway? Like you everyone has an opinion and should be able to voice it. This is and old thread if mine I commented on.

Imagine yourself on the outside looking in...
..then comment as a voice of reason.
Are we any closer to the answer?

Wow . What am I missing here. Answer to what?

Why you took issue with the comment

What was it mocking 'in your mind?'
Why did he make it in the first place, you seem to have an idea... so why and how did you come to that conclusion?
Is he not quoting you? as if you said that somewhere on here?

Why you took issue with the comment.

What was it mocking 'in your mind?'
Why did he make it in the first place, you seem to have an idea... so why and how did you come to that conclusion?
Is he not quoting you? as if you said that somewhere on here?
Post #115 and he also pm'd me or did you over look that? I guess he didn't like the pics and stories as other members he proclaimed were just showing off. What else do you have ? Seems like if its not one thing its another with you and me as always.

Don't worry I won't add any more pictures on this thread. Your loss, My gain. It takes time scanning them in anyway. Never got to the old trucks and Racing pictures. There is a box of pictures here that members go through when they come here. You Know, When we take the time machine back to the 80's .

My wife was just going through photo albums to make albums for my kids. Many more I have now of the past. The Time machine goes back farther the I thought. Troll on.

-
Back