Planning on smoking a couple pork butts/ribs tonight before the storm.

-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
Anybody else about to get smoked.

28812DAB-F7A8-4747-9F3A-0A919E386474.jpeg

Smoked yesterday, 10 lbs pork ribs, 10 lbs whole chickens, 2 lb chuck roast. 1.5 hour at 200 deg for the chuck roast, nice smoke line, man that was delicious.

N5_H8LIjqwC9iFWS6ep-a2fwRFxjiriScU16wJ83nxi9Lo-gKlgT6vcIlKqKhOhFrGCkrnYYUyi2fcNGt-X=w499-h665-no.jpg

Video, click the video to enlarge
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JWFmraqqffZX7LB37

Last edited:
Wish it would stay cool down here for more than 2 day's. Gonna be in the 80s all the way through the weekend.

Might see what the dart can do in the deep snow. charger wheels with cop car snows
A2CAA2B8-4590-424F-90CB-0CE807389955.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a big wild turkey sitting in brine right now and a 5 gallon bucket of fresh cherry and hickory chips all ready for Saturday

Been a while since I fired up the Pit Boss. It's time!

7-4-18 2.jpg

7-4-18 3.jpg

133.jpg

29314377_1878613892151871_7726252201038839808_n.jpg

brisket6.jpg

beer can chicken.jpg

Never smoked a chuck roast, I will try that.
And what is up with those pretzels?
Are those going on the smoker?
One of my favorite things to smoke along with the meat is sweet potatoes, the low and slow cook makes them really good.

One of my favorite things to smoke along with the meat is sweet potatoes, the low and slow cook makes them really good.
The pretzels have a dry spice on them. 1 cup of oil and stir I don't know the quantity but it has dry ranch, dill weed, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Toss the pretzels with the oil and the spices and put them on a pan and smoke for 2 hours at low temp.

I smoked some roasts before. Shread for sandwiches.. MMMMM good!

If you like to drink whiskey on the rocks, try making some smoked ice.

Amazing stuff!

Man that all looks good. Someone needs to start a "Whats cookin" Thread. With recipes . I kinda thought about it but didn't know how it would go over.

Me and a buddy made 27 tri tips couple weeks ago. Put our "secret" rub on and smoked them for about 3 hours. Heavy smoke and low heat. Then vacuum sealer them and freeze. Put them in a pan and cover with foil when you want to cook a couple. About 3 hours at 300degrees. These things are AMAZING!!!

@hosehead tells me I have to get a smoker so I can cook some pork butt, ribs, chicken... Or he can just do his kick *** cooking job and send it to me. :rofl:

Makes me hungry looking at it

-
Back