Poor mans Hemi car. (M-body)

-
I can search various sources both dealers and otherwise.

Wasn't able to get the part number off of mine. I thought the tail light was just about ready to come out, but the bumper filler panel is still attached and I'm not laying on my back on a concrete patio with the temps in the teens and windchills in the single digits. All I can get is the engineering number and it's the same both sides. So, dla? Got the part #?

Man this is different!

Good stuff!
No one will no what hit em haha ;)

Wasn't able to get the part number off of mine. I thought the tail light was just about ready to come out, but the bumper filler panel is still attached and I'm not laying on my back on a concrete patio with the temps in the teens and windchills in the single digits. All I can get is the engineering number and it's the same both sides. So, dla? Got the part #?
The left number is odd so I should be able to go either side even and search with that.

The left number is odd so I should be able to go either side even and search with that.

We're gonna have to wait 'til dla chimes back in. Both mine are still attached. It was one of those "round to its" to take 'em out before winter set in. Never got 'round to it.

Am taking possession of an 87 D100 slant 6/904 short bed this coming Sunday and someone over at slantsix.org mentioned that the 392 Hemi I have would make that truck a sweet ride. Sure would be different! :toothy10:

Sorry guys I can't get the p/n unless I take the lense out of the tail light assembly. The lense looks like it has sealer on it as well as being clipped in. And I don't want to take it out unless I have a new one to put in (they have a way of breaking when I take them apart). The p/n for the right side is 4076688, thats the best I can do for now.

DSC02532 (2).jpg

DSC02533 (2).jpg

DSC02535 (2).jpg

Sorry guys I can't get the p/n unless I take the lense out of the tail light assembly. The lense looks like it has sealer on it as well as being clipped in. And I don't want to take it out unless I have a new one to put in (they have a way of breaking when I take them apart). The p/n for the right side is 4076688, thats the best I can do for now.
4076688 LENS RT-LWR DK OPNG PNL T
4076689 LENS LT-LWR DK OPNG PNL T

Valley Vintage has two of the right side numbers. 1-440-355-4085 nice people to deal with.

Collectors Auto Supply has 22 left and 22 rights 1-800-414-4462

4076688 LENS RT-LWR DK OPNG PNL T
4076689 LENS LT-LWR DK OPNG PNL T

Valley Vintage has two of the right side numbers. 1-440-355-4085 nice people to deal with.

Collectors Auto Supply has 22 left and 22 rights 1-800-414-4462

Nice. I'll have to give 'em a call and see what the prices are. Thanks for the leg work.

I called collectors auto supply. 22 means that they don't know how many they have but they have at least 1. He said he was going to check and make sure they had 1 and call me back. so far he hasn't called back. He also said that he thinks the price is... are you sitting down?, $265.00

Captain Chaos - thanx for the info and finding the p/n.

I called collectors auto supply. 22 means that they don't know how many they have but they have at least 1. He said he was going to check and make sure they had 1 and call me back. so far he hasn't called back. He also said that he thinks the price is... are you sitting down?, $265.00

Figured that when the site said they were NOS. But was hoping against it, being M-body.

I bought my right one on ebay for less than $50, I think the left one sold for around $65. Both were nos.

I bought my right one on ebay for less than $50, I think the left one sold for around $65. Both were nos.

The nature of my project won't allow for much above that to be spent on the tail light. So, when I get there, to eBay I will go. Or dippy.org.

Hell, I know of a few M-bodies sitting around here I could probably pick up the whole car for $50! LOL

No problem. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

You posted up the info. Like I said, nice job on that and thanks, again. You have no control over the prices, (or my personal budget, I can't speak of dla on this) so please don't feel the need to apologize for that.

Torsion bars-done!, sway bar-done!, brake shields-done!,new rotors,bearings, seals,calipers,pads-done-done-and done! Just need to finish the steering linkage and I'll be able to get the wheels back on the front. After that I'm going to put the rear back together so I can get the back wheels on, then I can roll this thing out and finally clean this garage. The mess in here is driving me crazy.

DSC02557 (2).jpg

DSC02558 (2).jpg

DSC02559 (2).jpg

this car is going to be so awsome. its going to suprise alot of unsuspecting people on the streets. i cant wait to see it on the road. keep up the good work.

I thought I bought black paint, I didn't relize it was silver until I got home and opened the can. At $65.00 a quart I was using no matter what color it was.

-
Back