Poor mans Hemi car. (M-body)

-
Well I have been putting this off long enough. Time to get started on the body work. (I hate body work). Luckily things are not to bad. Already welded in a patch on the quarter and patched a small hole on the back of the quarter. The rocker panel on the drivers side is going to be the worst (maybe I'll get that next week).At least its started, we'll see how it goes from here.

DSC02741.jpg

DSC02742.jpg

DSC02743.jpg

DSC02744.jpg

I got a manuel steering box from Joel on FBBO and a steering shaft from Flaming River. still a pretty tight fit, may have to modify the shaft a little more.I got one motor mount done and now the engine is in its final position. Will finish the other mount later when I pull the engine again(hopefully for the last time). Things to do when I pull the engine again: engine and trans dipstick tubes, drill hole in oil pan and weld in pipe for oil fill and breather,cut out inner fender on pass. side for exhaust manifold, repaint engine, and so on and so on.With the wire covers on the valvecover I can't fit in my heater fan, wish I would have known that before I had them chromed. For now I will remove the heater fan and later on I will have another set of valve covers chromed with the wire covers removed.Still got a long list of things to do but slowly getting things done. "If it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"

DSC02745.jpg

DSC02746.jpg

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02750.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

if you go t oan after market heater like a street rodder would use, you wont have the blower motor sticking out of the fire wall

try hotrodair or vintage air

Thanx guys. I think I'm going to have a sanding party, everybody is invited, bring your own sand paper.

this thing is going to be an abomination. i think i like it though keep up the good work, and as far as sanding parties i already invited everyone i know for mine

See, now, you're just like Tony. I lose the computer for a month or so and you guys go and leave me behind. :tongue::-D

This beast is looking good!

Well Ramenth you will have plenty of time to catch up. I had some guts removed last week and will not be able to work on the car for about a month or so. Just got out of the hospital yesterday and still got 26 staples in my stomach.Worst part is I ran out of vacation days and will soon be out of cash. Best part is catching up on much needed rest (and not dieing).

Good Luck on QUICK recovery... What ever you do ... DO EXACTLY what doctor says ... dont rush it ... you do not want to prolong recovery because of foolishness... AS for the M-body .. i luv it ... this is what i look for at car shows .. something different ... tired of seeing same old E and B bodies .....i also have a F-body ...basically same family ....

vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]this project brings me back,my first v8 dodge was a 79 2dr diplomat i loved that car

Well Ramenth you will have plenty of time to catch up. I had some guts removed last week and will not be able to work on the car for about a month or so. Just got out of the hospital yesterday and still got 26 staples in my stomach.Worst part is I ran out of vacation days and will soon be out of cash. Best part is catching up on much needed rest (and not dieing).

As far as the project you still are many steps ahead of me, bud. Although I did score another hood and got a lot done on the header panel. Look for pics in the next coupla weeks.

Take of yourself. Healing is the biggest thing. Can't enjoy that beast if you're hurting.

toshoo7 Jamie how the hell did you come up with that name?

toshoo7 Jamie how the hell did you come up with that name?
we were loaded one night when a james bond commercial came on,a buddy of mine looked at me and said its tosh, james tosh.lol so the tosh double o 7 kinda stuck

if you go t oan after market heater like a street rodder would use, you wont have the blower motor sticking out of the fire wall

try hotrodair or vintage air

Ford Courior pick up heater! My dad used one in his 50 dodge. Everything is mounted under the dash.

sanding,sanding,sanding,sanding,sanding, ran out of sand paper, be right back.....................I'm back, sanding,sanding,sanding....God bless the professional bodymen of the world. I got a little lazy this week and took my fenders to the media blaster to speed things up a little bit.If they come out nice I may have them do the trunk lid and hood. Since I haven't been working there is no money so progress will be slowing for a while.

-
Back