Poor mans Hemi car. (M-body)

-
sweet build i love those m's .. sounds weird but i also really would love to see someone do ur build with a reliant or arries

Years ago on Dream Car Garage they had a K-car that was tubbed and caged with a (blown?) 440 in it. I still can't find any pics on the net of it. At the time I thought it was outrageous - a killer K-car!

Wylde1.

I used to have a K-car, I have often looked for a decent K-car to big block.It seems the K's are about as rare as Hemi Cudas.

Cool build, always thought the M's had a slight charm to them, and have owned a few...have fun

Sorry I thought it was 65, just checked, it was $45.00/qt.

There is a member on here that has a K car with a 451, he races it. I believe I have pics of it somewhere..

Ah here they are. Hope the user doesn't mind me posting these pics.

451 k car 81 aries4.jpg

451 k car 81 aries2.jpg

451 k car 81 aries.jpg

I was just wondering as the silver and black color combo was one I hadn't seen thought of before. Like how it's coming together. Looking good!

Awesome job! Keep it up!

I just picked up a set of those aluminum isolators myself for my 74 Charger to replace the rubber iso crap. They are suppose to help stiffen the frame and improve the ride.

Well its been awhile and I haven't got a lot done but the k-frame is back in and I've gotten a start on the front suspension.The rubber k-frame mounts were replaced with aluminum blocks. Everything has been blasted and painted with POR-15, all the ball joints and bushings are new from P-S-T, shocks are KYBs. Tomorrow I hope to get the torsion bars in, finish the front suspension and start on the brakes. Or maybe I'll just stay in bed all day.

70DARTMIKE - thanks for the pics of the K, I've never seen one before but I knew there had to be one somewhere.

The upholstery is in pretty good shape, so I don't think I'll have to do anything to it. But if I ever do reupholster I'll look into corinthian leather. (I don't know what it is either).

I don't know how you found that, but that was funny, very funny!

Just want to say thats cool! I have an original low mileage 88 Diplomat here in Nova Scotia. Its rust free and I have the original bill of sale, and needs very little tlc. I know they're rare these days but a 2 door is AWESOME!

In the fifties this weekend, got a few things done. Sat. finished up the front suspension and put the rearend back in so I could push the car outside and do some much needed cleaning. Today I put the motor and transmission together with an adapter I got from T.R. Waters, really nice piece and well made. New B&M torque converter and flex plate. Set the engine in to check fit. I bought some new small block poly motor mounts but they didn't work. I will need to get some new big block mounts and modify them, but for now I have one small block mount and one big block mount. I'll also need to modify the tranny mount but that shouldn't be to hard. For now I'm just glad to see it in.

DSC02609.JPG

DSC02611.JPG

DSC02612.JPG

DSC02616.JPG

-
Back