Post your wheel and tire combos.

-
Put post in the parts wanted section.
Also check out the parts car section.

Hi
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg
So I have a 73 Plymouth duster 340 not sure of what kind of wheels I want and not sure of the right size, but I know I want BF good rich raised white letter can you help

Hi View attachment 1715145573 View attachment 1715145573 So I have a 73 Plymouth duster 340 not sure of what kind of wheels I want and not sure of the right size, but I know I want BF good rich raised white letter can you help

Welcome!

Well, lets start off easy. Those obviously aren't stock wheels, so, are you keeping them? If you are, what size tires are on them now?

If you aren't, what size rims do you want to run? Your car should have disk brakes up front and be the larger 5x4.5" bolt pattern, but it's still worth checking.

You may want to start your own thread as well, since this is a giant thread intended just for posting what wheels you have, not really intended for answering questions about your combo. The "welcome wagon" area might not be a bad place to start, or even start a new thread just for your car in the tire and wheel part of the forum. :thumbsup:

Hello.

I'm going to put these to my 73' Dart sport.

Front

Wheel Brand Barzetta
Size 15x7
Backspacing 3.5
tire size 195/55/15
Suspension mods none

Rear

Wheel Brand Barzetta
Size 8x15
Backspacing 4
tire size 275/60/15
Suspension mod lifted stance

Wheel.JPG

Hello.

Front

Wheel Brand Barzetta
Size 15x7
Backspacing 3.5
tire size 195/55/15
Suspension mods none

Rear

Wheel Brand Barzetta
Size 8x15
Backspacing 4
tire size 275/60/15

View attachment 1715146512

That front tire is only 23.4” tall if that spec is right, that’s super short. It will also sit right at the edge of the fender, so if th car is low in the front you’ll have very little clearance. It’s doable but it will be super tight.

The rear will be the same, you normally want a 4.5” backspace on a 15x8 for a 275/60/15. Not sure what rear axle you have, if it’s an 8.25 it will be ok, if it’s an 8.75 with BBP axles you’ll need that lifted stance to pull it off without rubbing.

That front tire is only 23.4” tall if that spec is right, that’s super short. It will also sit right at the edge of the fender, so if th car is low in the front you’ll have very little clearance. It’s doable but it will be super tight.

The rear will be the same, you normally want a 4.5” backspace on a 15x8 for a 275/60/15. Not sure what rear axle you have, if it’s an 8.25 it will be ok, if it’s an 8.75 with BBP axles you’ll need that lifted stance to pull it off without rubbing.

Hi.

I have 8.25 axle. What wheel size you recommend?
I currently have front 15x6 205/50/15 (these scratch fenders)
and rear 15x8 275/60/15 these run fine

Hello.

Front

Wheel Brand Barzetta
Size 15x7
Backspacing 3.5
tire size 195/55/15
Suspension mods none

Rear

Wheel Brand Barzetta
Size 8x15
Backspacing 4
tire size 275/60/15

View attachment 1715146512

Nice wheels, but didn't catch the extreme difference on tires. Here's a good tool for checking out tire sizes.
Tire Size Comparison

Hi.

I have 8.25 axle. What wheel size you recommend?
I currently have front 15x6 205/50/15 (these scratch fenders)
and rear 15x8 275/60/15 these run fine

Ok, that makes sense for the rears, the 8.25's are narrower than the 8 3/4's by almost a half an inch, and I'm sure the ride height takes care of the rest.

In the front you should be looking for a 15x7" with 4.25" or at least 4" of backspace. Even the 195's on those rims will be all the way out at the fender lips. They might work, but like I said they're pretty much at the limit. They'd sit just as far out as my 275/35/18's on the front of my car, and I had to do a few little things to get mine to clear. The height is super short, if you have to run those rims I'd at least be looking for a 195/65/15, which would be 25" tall.

Ok, that makes sense for the rears, the 8.25's are narrower than the 8 3/4's by almost a half an inch, and I'm sure the ride height takes care of the rest.

In the front you should be looking for a 15x7" with 4.25" or at least 4" of backspace. Even the 195's on those rims will be all the way out at the fender lips. They might work, but like I said they're pretty much at the limit. They'd sit just as far out as my 275/35/18's on the front of my car, and I had to do a few little things to get mine to clear. The height is super short, if you have to run those rims I'd at least be looking for a 195/65/15, which would be 25" tall.

Thank you. I will look wheels that have at least 4" bs. Those are hard to find here ar Finland..

This is my 69 Barracuda, with American Racing Wheels (putting stock rims as we speak)
These are 17 inch wheels...
Front are 45 x 225 x 17
Rear are 40 x 275 x 17

AFAD171F-A6F3-4A34-879B-85091CAB65D0.jpeg
0A54FAA7-EB71-40A8-8ACD-C0AC93830BDB.jpeg
ADCA5071-B2C2-4901-A1F6-DE7A3BF1DE4E.jpeg
73DC25FE-0FA1-4039-B489-4C924D142DDD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Stock? That’s a shame. Car looks great the way it is!

Thanks but the Hood (it's sacrilegious, have a cowl hood on a Mopar) is getting replaced with a stock hood and Hemi Scoop (68 Hemi Barracuda hood style) and the rims must go dog dish original.
No matter we pushing a nice little small block, 340 six pack, bottle induced, daily driver (summer time only) I just like the " stock look" right down to 15 inch rims.
I guess I'm what they call "old school" but I was never a repeat student. lol..... One yr at a time, till I reached the top of my class. (Many many moons ago) Today, they have cell phones, Bluetooth, fax machines and the PC with the internet with this generation but I still like my calculations to be done by hand, (2 times, just to be sure, lol) my calls I prefer to do in person and if I need to bring you a paper, I'll drive on over and give it to you in person. Nor do I need to talk to someone with my mouth and ear swapping jobs and looking like I'm talking to myself, cause " I'm wired in." lol
I'm trying, I'm trying to adapt but I think I'm just a lost cause. Hell, even my job that is... How can I say this, Simply Dead, consists of hands on training and use.
Eventually, I'll learn but I think someone will be doing my job, on me. By the time I acclimate myself to today's standards I'll long gone.
You have yourself a beautiful and safe day.

MAPS

Thanks but the Hood (it's sacrilegious, have a cowl hood on a Mopar) is getting replaced with a stock hood and Hemi Scoop (68 Hemi Barracuda hood style) and the rims must go dog dish original.
No matter we pushing a nice little small block, 340 six pack, bottle induced, daily driver (summer time only) I just like the " stock look" right down to 15 inch rims.
I guess I'm what they call "old school" but I was never a repeat student. lol..... One yr at a time, till I reached the top of my class. (Many many moons ago) Today, they have cell phones, Bluetooth, fax machines and the PC with the internet with this generation but I still like my calculations to be done by hand, (2 times, just to be sure, lol) my calls I prefer to do in person and if I need to bring you a paper, I'll drive on over and give it to you in person. Nor do I need to talk to someone with my mouth and ear swapping jobs and looking like I'm talking to myself, cause " I'm wired in." lol
I'm trying, I'm trying to adapt but I think I'm just a lost cause. Hell, even my job that is... How can I say this, Simply Dead, consists of hands on training and use.
Eventually, I'll learn but I think someone will be doing my job, on me. By the time I acclimate myself to today's standards I'll long gone.
You have yourself a beautiful and safe day.

MAPS

Hey no worries, it's your car, so by all means do whatever you like to it. It should make you happy not me :D, that's why I've got my car right? I'm sure it'll still look great when you've got it back to the way you want it, looks like a pretty clean car.

And on another note, if you're planning on getting rid of those LED headlights for something a little more stock, drop me a message. I've been looking at those as an upgrade for my car for awhile so I'd be happy to buy them if you're gonna change them out.

I hope you know I'm joking, but all kidding aside, I just like the stock look, I also will have a set of aluma star rims for the car for those nights I want it for the track and look as nice as possible with slicks and skinnies.
The car is in good condition as it was a complete overhaul, from floors to trunk, fenders to interior.
I don't think the car has 2,000 miles on it (even the Speedo was redone along with the whole dash) so when you look inside all you see on the dash is about 2,600 something miles on it.
Super clean.
Thanks.
MAPS

I hope you know I'm joking, but all kidding aside, I just like the stock look, I also will have a set of aluma star rims for the car for those nights I want it for the track and look as nice as possible with slicks and skinnies.
The car is in good condition as it was a complete overhaul, from floors to trunk, fenders to interior.
I don't think the car has 2,000 miles on it (even the Speedo was redone along with the whole dash) so when you look inside all you see on the dash is about 2,600 something miles on it.
Super clean.
Thanks.
MAPS

i think you're right ditching those...wheels

Oh that hurt, that hurt, lol
And you know I just sent a PayPal payment a few mins ago for a part which was 225 USD it cost me 301 Canadian, so if I have you 400 it would be closer to 600 ... Canadian. Don't think I can afford paying you to take them....
But thanks...
Be Good have get going now.
MAPS

Man, that's almost as bad as the exchange rate to Hawaii, I paid 7 US dollars for a gallon of milk there

But no worries, as much as I dislike your wheels, someone will like em enough to buy them...just look at how many Hondas are sold

1968 Plymouth Valiant Signet "Crew Cab"

Vintage Superior Industries Mags.

14x6 Front & Rear

IMG_20180317_124957.jpg

IMG_20180317_124835.jpg

IMG_20180317_125013.jpg

-
Back