Previous owner installed toggle switch

-

Mfoy5199

Reaction score
IMG_1027.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG
Recently purchased 72 swinger. Previous owner installed a blue toggle switch inside the engine bay that connects to the bottom right post of the ignition cylinoid and then a ground on the fender. First thought was that it was something to do with remote start inside the engine bay. So we removed it and then the car would not start. So we put it back on and the car starts as long as it's in the right position. I'm guess now it was put on for an extra theft deterrent. What am I missing that needs to go back on for me to remove this?

Better fix that kick down linkage while your under there too, or you might be having transmission trouble soon!

IMG_1028.JPG
Yeah wasn't hooked up when I bought it. It has a summit carb so they recommended a Holley carb adapter kit. It got me started but didn't have all of what I needed. Not sure if I'm going to make the jump to the Lokar kit or find the rest of the pieces I need

Is the neutral safety switch properly connected? Will the engine crank "in gear?" Try it CAREFULLY with your foot on the brake!!!

If theft, that is a poor idea. Anyone who knows ANYTHING about an old Mopar knows you just jumper the relay......you can use "anything" metal including a nickel or penny!!!

You have a tach? "Or not" one effective theft prevention if you have a conventional ignition (NOT MSD/ CDI) is to put an unobtrusive switch to ground your tach wire.

Another.......if you have an electric pump......is a switch in the pump relay

If they show up with a "rollback" or a wrecker.......you need a wireless alarm system.

-
Back