Pro Touring A's??

-
Well if you were closer I would love to help you build your car. Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long haul but I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel even though its very dim. I'm going to spray the rear end housing and suspension components hopefully this week and looking forward to getting it back rolling again and getting the final prep done so I can get it in the booth and work my magic. There's a fabo member with a beautiful 65 cuda that has also done the pro touring treatment. Ill get you his name so you can follow him. Happy holidays bud.
Rick

Yeah my uncle that originally got me into mopars moved out of state a few years ago is movin back in a few months so hopefully that will give me the kick in the *** I need. Also been catchin up on old bills for about the last year so I've only been making minor progress on my car. I did score a lot of parts for the dart from my uncle when we went out to visit this summer. He had a 66 gt for about 20 years and sold it when they moved out there so I got first pick through all the stuff he'd been stocking up for the last two decades. Really need a shop now, or garage, or car port and a couple of tarps.......hell anything would beat a 35 mile drive just to tinker in the cold. I'll definately check out the fish. Seriously getting great inspiration from these cars

Thanks for following my build, I don't think there are many of us early A guys building PT style cars. Have you looked at Tincups build, It's finished and looks great. post some pictures of your car. Always like to see what others are doing. Tim

Yeah don't see how I missed that one either. That's a badass car. If you go to youtube and type 65 dart vs mustang in the search bar, its like the third video down, its a view through the windshield, anyway that car is the one that originally got me leaning towards the g-machine style, its not too drastic though really nice road racer.

Yea I saw that dart vs mustang video a while back and that inspired me to get back on it. If I had unlimited funds It would be cool to see if a street lenco could be used on a road course style track? There are not very many YouTube videos with early A's. I would eventually like to change that in the near future. Its always been an overlooked car and its funny that with the release of the new one, young people are starting to realize that there are old ones. It's sad that the new ones are wimpy.

Cool, I have seen the video before. Had no idea that was your car. Love the stance. Give us some details about the car, Suspension, Wheel and tire combo? Looks great.
Tim
Yeah don't see how I missed that one either. That's a badass car. If you go to youtube and type 65 dart vs mustang in the search bar, its like the third video down, its a view through the windshield, anyway that car is the one that originally got me leaning towards the g-machine style, its not too drastic though really nice road racer.

Cool, I have seen the video before. Had no idea that was your car. Love the stance. Give us some details about the car, Suspension, Wheel and tire combo? Looks great.
Tim

:eek:ops:lol. No its not my car sorry. I see how I made that sound confusing. I meant that's the first real images of an early A body I found done more our style. Well until I joined fabo I'm pretty sure its probably the only one. I wish mine was half that far!!:banghead:

That would be awesome gt. I think all the early A pt guys should hit up youtube. Start a revolution! LOL. Really though they are pretty scarce. Mostly 66 drag cars and old vids of cars for sale and whatnot. Gonna hold you to that to waiting to see the ur rig up there!

Yea looking like its just us. I got the front end in mine with all of the brakes in ready to run the new brake lines and fuel lines. That's the latest with mine. I've been tinkering on the other dart I bought recently which has been fun. It's also a 65 dart gt like my vert. I put it for sale in the classifieds but nobody has any money right now but I'm really in no hurry to get rid of it. Post some picks of yours smallblock and let's see what ya got!

Congrats on the progress gt! Wish I had some to report:banghead:. Mostly been helping the father in law with his damn "generic motors" project just for something to do:pukeleft:. Pretty much dead in the water until after I get my taxes back. Gotta buy a new family ride( lookin for a durrango or nice mope minivan), and pay off some bills. Wife says after some of them are gone ill have car money again to work with. Lookin for a shop to rent right now so i can bring the dart back home!! there is one about a block away from the new house thats been empty for a few years that would be perfect, but so far havent been able to track down the owner and ask if its available. I think the only pics I really have of the dart are from the craigslist ad when i bought it.LOL. Ill have to see if the wife has them squirreled away some place.

I got a 65 Barracuda in England that is a rolling shell ripe for turning into a pro touring car.
I got an ally headed 440 and a four speed to drop in, an 8 3/4 and a set of late model Bullet 17" rims. A Painless loom is here waiting to go in, just workin out wether to go for an AlterKtion or similar tubular front end. I'll go Hotckiss suspension on the rear cos I've used that on my Chellenger front and rear and it works lovely.
Big fan of pro touring and autocourse :)

-
Back