Pro Touring 10K

-
Looking awesome! I said that same thing about wishing I was finished with the Fat Blu Fish, for 5 years. It takes time to build a highly detailed machine. :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work!

This post maybe painful for some. One of my biggest fears is with the 4 banger is making sure it doesn't sound like a 20 something's car with an *** cannon hanging out the back. So I've done my home work to make sure that's not the case. I'm only going to run a ultra quiet resonator. The pictures will explain the rest.

20170314_191113.jpg

20170314_190757.jpg

20170314_190820.jpg

20170314_190743.jpg

20170314_190804.jpg

This post maybe painful for some. One of my biggest fears is with the 4 banger is making sure it doesn't sound like a 20 something's car with an *** cannon hanging out the back. So I've done my home work to make sure that's not the case. I'm only going to run a ultra quiet resonator. The pictures will explain the rest.

View attachment 1715028163

View attachment 1715028164

View attachment 1715028165

View attachment 1715028166

View attachment 1715028167

If it does sound like something a 20 something would own, send it down over to me. :D

Quick question... why not dump it inside the wheel well, behind the front tire?
Never personally been a fan of dumping the exhaust through the front fender.

X2 on rerouting the exhaust. I believe it will also help with the sound, if you lengthen the tube and point it facing down. That and help keep the look clean, and people wondering WTF, when the hood is down.

Well no room back there for th e resonator. Believe it or not the engine compartment is filling up quick. Still have waste gate tubes to run and oil lines to the turbo. I know this build is not to everyone's taste. And I understand cuting a hole in a rust free fender will make some cringe just at the thought of doing something like this. Me I just think it looks badass with flames igniting unburned fuel vapors on deceleration. But that's just me.

Magnaflow race bullets make the SRT motor sound great. I had two of them on my 450 hp SRT. Sounded great.

It's your car so you are the artist. Everyone will have an opinion and that's OK. I guess street outlaws and all the ricers around here kinda ruined my taste for that look/sound.
Plus my marshmallows have a sooty taste to them, every time I roast one over that flame.

I agree that it does, or it did look cool to see flames shoot out the side of a fender, but IMO, that look is over and it's time for someone to come up with the next cool look or idea.

Could be you! MY OPINION ONLY. Your build is inspiring and I know when I get to the motor on my 32, I will be contacting you, begging for info.

Please don't hold my comments against me. I love the car regardless of what the color or final mechanical designs are.

BTW. How about this color. MICA GRAY. Came on LSF Lexus cars. Beautiful in the day and stealthy at night and the color shifts in the light.

mica.jpg

mica2.jpg

Im playing catch up here.. Have you decided on a color? The Phantom black tri-coat is amazing. My Charger gets a ton of comments on it.

No offence taken on any of the comments. My original plan was to run it back under the turbo manifold and under the car. After the manifold was in place it is getting rally crowded on the right side of the engine compartment. I made the mistake one evening of taking with some of my guys the it would be much easier to just run the exhaust right out the fender. Well that's how it all started.

Color well there are several that I think would work and come close to the rendering. I have a new updated rendering. After looking at the one I posted last. I've made some changes. I'm leaning toward the porshe grey/black.. I have done some spray outs of the color tweeking a bit on the formula. I have taken out some transparent violet. And added a touch more black.
As for the race bullets. The vibrant resonator is pretty much the same thing. I choose it to take away the high pitched cackley sound.

Here is a srt4 on E85 with the same resonator I'm using. Close to the same specs as my motor will be. The Turbo I'm using is a bit bigger than the one in the video. But the same can.

65-Dart-2-6.jpg

Yeah. Those resonators get rid of that "thin" sound. I cant wait to see this thing once youre done. I want to build a pro-touring car so bad.

No offence taken on any of the comments. My original plan was to run it back under the turbo manifold and under the car. After the manifold was in place it is getting rally crowded on the right side of the engine compartment. I made the mistake one evening of taking with some of my guys the it would be much easier to just run the exhaust right out the fender. Well that's how it all started.

Color well there are several that I think would work and come close to the rendering. I have a new updated rendering. After looking at the one I posted last. I've made some changes. I'm leaning toward the porshe grey/black.. I have done some spray outs of the color tweeking a bit on the formula. I have taken out some transparent violet. And added a touch more black.
As for the race bullets. The vibrant resonator is pretty much the same thing. I choose it to take away the high pitched cackley sound.

Here is a srt4 on E85 with the same resonator I'm using. Close to the same specs as my motor will be. The Turbo I'm using is a bit bigger than the one in the video. But the same can.

View attachment 1715028250

Losing the white still brings a tear to my eye.... but as long as you're not asking me for money I'll wipe my tears and go on... lol

If you want to kick in a couple grand I can always paint it white

65-Dart-1-7.jpg

Looking good!. Can't wait to see this thing done!

Having had some experience with SRT4s and a bunch of the older turbo dodges, I gotta say, this is a wicked cool build!

And also, those 2.4s with that short of an exhaust system will sound more like a UPS truck than a raspy banger.

My personal favorite exhaust I've ever heard on a 2.4T, was a full 3", no cat or resonator, and a Thermal R&D muffler. I'll see if I can find a link to the vid.

Thanks for the compliments. This build has been way to long of a project. If I took this long to build a customer's car. Well I would be out of business. Most of the time it has taken is been my own fault. To many change of direction. We don't even touch the 10k topic. As that number or the theme of the 10k build has been long surpassed. I like the way the build is coming together. Had I been given a dollar amount prior to the start of what started as a simple project. I may have chosen a different approach. Or just stuck to the original plan. Apparently that's just not the way I'm wired. The new long block is in North Carolina being built. Estimated time to complete is 4 weeks. Hoping to have everything that still needs to be done finished before I have to make a trip south to pick up the motor. Paint will not take much time to finish. As that is the easy part for me. Hoping to have more to show in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the compliments. This build has been way to long of a project. If I took this long to build a customer's car. Well I would be out of business. Most of the time it has taken is been my own fault. To many change of direction. We don't even touch the 10k topic. As that number or the theme of the 10k build has been long surpassed. I like the way the build is coming together. Had I been given a dollar amount prior to the start of what started as a simple project. I may have chosen a different approach. Or just stuck to the original plan. Apparently that's just not the way I'm wired. The new long block is in North Carolina being built. Estimated time to complete is 4 weeks. Hoping to have everything that still needs to be done finished before I have to make a trip south to pick up the motor. Paint will not take much time to finish. As that is the easy part for me. Hoping to have more to show in the next couple of days.
happens to us all, my dart started to be a slant 6 cruiser build, morphed into a fully aftermarket restomod 440 big block beast, i dont even wanna add up the money in mine.

hey, do you custom mix paints by chance? I'm looking for something custom mixed that I can spray, Base/Clear

-
Back