Problem with ply30 member

-
3 weeks and you call him impatient?really?

It has NOT been three weeks. We last spoke on Sunday. Less then one week ago. I am still trying to sort out the issue with ups as the glass should not have been damaged.
Thanks Justin

It has NOT been three weeks. We last spoke on Sunday. Less then one week ago. I am still trying to sort out the issue with ups as the glass should not have been damaged.
Thanks Justin

They don't care. All they want to do is pound on somebody. Two sides to every story.

Well justin why dont you call me?I have to post this before you say something.Oh by the way
he still has'nt called me or pmed me.And he cashed my check 3 weeks ago.I called his number every day this week.You get his grandparents.Now if i call,they see who is calling and dont answer the phone.If you block your number the machine says to unblock number.Bet he has had this problem before

But I also agree that I hope stuff like this don't tarnish the hundreds, if not thousands of transactions happening flawlessly on a daily basis on this great site.

Wow I was never aware there was anywhere near that much sale activity on a daily basis. Joey needs to start a transaction charge he's missing the boat.:eek:ops:

I'm not siding with anyone, but if you've ever dealt with ups on damage, you know it's a cluster! Shipping glass is a pain. I'd rather give it away to someone if they can come and get it.

calm down....it means here we go again, another I get ripped off thread....with the almost sure to happen bashing...

You do business over the internet it is an assumed risk you take....

Surprised the "contact the FBI/Sheriff/local law enforcement" chant has not started......

As well as the sue the bastard chant....

My comment was not aimed at you.....

Doesn't it sucks when people misinterpret your posts?

You are missing the point.I know there can be problems,but he should pick up the damn phone so we can talk about it .

I'm not siding with anyone, but if you've ever dealt with ups on damage, you know it's a cluster! Shipping glass is a pain. I'd rather give it away to someone if they can come and get it.

UPS still hasn't honored my claim when they broke a Brita container that I paid them to PACK & SHIP.

They didn't insulate the package as they should have and then their carrier threw it around and broke it. I filed a claim over 2 1/2 years ago and still haven't gotten my refund.

They wented me to pay a second time to send the replacement. I told them that I do not reward failure with more business, and then went to the post office and sent the replacement. It arrived 3 days sooner than UPS would have and was $10 cheaper...

That is why I only use USPS and FedEx now...

F*ck UPS.... :finga:

You are missing the point.I know there can be problems,but he should pick up the damn phone so we can talk about it .

I'm not missing the point, at all. The fact that there is no other positive means of resolution is the point. Not unique to this board, either.

People regularly get ripped off by buying things from private parties over the net. Pay-pal offers some protection but it, too, isn't fool proof. There needs to be a better third party system that protects the seller and the buyer, and right now there isn't.

We, as buyers and sellers are completely at the mercy of the other persons. honest, integrity, and even circumstances ( if a seller becomes ill or injured and hospitalized during a transaction, the other guy is simply out of luck until the sellers health issues are resolved to the point where he can respond. Not everyone has family members who keep up with our internet goings on, who can respond to buyers in a situation such as that.

Personally, I no longer do business, buying or selling, with private parties on the internet, because it's far too easy to get ripped off. I want to see touch and evaluate the part of the car or the item personally. I was to look the seller in the eye when I ask questions about it, and I want to know where the seller lives, or does business.

If there is one thing I've learned for sure is that there are VERY few items, especially car parts, that you find on the internet, that aren't also available within a 2 hour drive of your home.

I agree that if someone is sick or having problems that a different story.That is not the case here you can put all the what ifs you want it does not change the fact he will not respond.He posted something last night so he was on here but he did not contact me

3 weeks is a while but you said "windows"...so unless they are lexan Id be packing the he'll outta them! Im sure parts will show up.....in how many pieces who knows

Sounds like glass was damaged when shipped. Justin needs to refund the the money. Then he can't fight with UPS. If Ups pays it will be to seller not buyer. Ups will drag it out as long as they can.

I was involved with justin 7-8 months back , never wasted so much time and energy on one person for 150.00. Seems like a nice kid, enjoyed talking with him. When my cuda dash showed up pushed into a long box with some newspaper in each end it was in 50 pieces. If it was wrapped up carefully and the box was cut apart, dash placed in it more packing placed around box taped up again it would have been fine. I wrote the part off after trying to deal with him unsuccessfully until another member started the thread RIPPED OFF . After 48 hours the mods pulled the thread. Justin did reimburse me ,but only because he got called out. He also told me he would take more care in the future. Communication is everything. Hope you guys work it out. Nwdart

hey Justin, you need to get your **** together or quit selling parts.
some day, nasty comments on a board, may be least of your problems. just say'n!

Downsr....So what is it....you say no communication at all....Justin says you talked last Sunday. I feel like information is being left out.

Ok. To clear ALOT of things up.. This will be my second post and will also be my LAST post on this thread.
First of all we spoke last Sunday about when the package was going out.
Second The glass was packaged in a WOODEN crate (Not like it really matters) But it takes time to make the wooden crate it also takes time to get the glass out. It may be three weeks to this day that I recived the check but something to remember is the package went out early this week.
He has not even recived the package yet I have been waiting for him to get it to verify it was broke due to the fact they can not look into the crate and see it is broke... Obviously he has not recived it so I will give UPS a call today. Also to clear things up on why I have not called him last night is due to the fact it was past 10 PM when I saw this thread for the first time. I do not make phone calls that late. He will recive a phone call today at some point once I figure out the situation.
ALSO a little side note:
His wife was 2 hours from my house back when we made this deal. She could have easily drove the 2 hours to pick the glass up IN person to ensure a safe delivery. She did not want to do that so it ended up being shipped. I told him on the phone there is a 75% chance the glass will break due to how fragile it is.
As I said above he will get a phone call today at some point. He knows just as much about the glass as I do.
Here is the UPS tracking number for any one who would like to see it:
K2220936154

Not to mention my grandfather spoke to him Monday, Tuesday, Wensday AND Thursday of this week. My grandfather was the one to put the glass on the UPS truck when he came here. He knows just as much about this situation as I do. So speaking with him would be the same exact thing as speaking with me in this case.

Thanks, Justin

Everyone needs to step back and let the buyer and seller work it out. If its not resolved then blast away.

Everyone needs to step back and let the buyer and seller work it out. If its not resolved then blast away.
I could not agree more.
The fact me and him both are going off "He said she said" stuff from UPS is just crazy.
Neither of us know if the package is for sure damaged until he is holding it in his hands. He has NOT recived the glass yet (Unless I am missing something on the tracking number)
So until it is deliverd I think every one needs to take a step back. I highly doubt the glass is broke due to the way it was packaged.
Thanks
Justin

Justin, All of your 4-sale threads are in jeopardy of being closed until this has been handled.

I've spent quite a bit of time with you & your buyer on this issue....

There is NO reason for the refund to have taken this long. Communication is key & has been lacking IMO. Please get this cleared up ASAP

Thanks

Selling parts on this site is a bonus for those of us restoring cars. Dealing with unreasonable sellers is BS. I do not even open threads with for sale by ply 30 after the .... I went thru with him. Kinda looking bad on fabos part for continuing to let it happen. Love this site and the knowledge that is provided. Maybe some modified rules should be enforced. My 2 cents. Nwdart

Justin, All of your 4-sale threads are in jeopardy of being closed until this has been handled.

I've spent quite a bit of time with you & your buyer on this issue....

There is NO reason for the refund to have taken this long. Communication is key & has been lacking IMO. Please get this cleared up ASAP

Thanks

A bit harsh? After all, after many open complaints of a former seller blatently ripping other member off for years. And the same guy threatening law suites against Mod(s) and site owner.

Ply30 has one hiccup in all his transactions? And your making threats?
So far it is a he said she said thing going on. (Publicly)

Could you tell me about dealing with UPS?
Anybody here that has had to deal with them on this topic has only the same story of being delayed payment for the most crazy and unreasonable amount of time or just plainly screwed and tattooed.

So far, with his feedback of only POSITIVE FEEDBACK, I think it is a bit of gun jumping.
Your pretty critical too NWDart.

A bit harsh? After all, after many open complaints of a former seller blatently ripping other member off for years. And the same guy threatening law suites against Mod(s) and site owner.

Ply30 has one hiccup in all his transactions? And your making threats?
So far it is a he said she said thing going on. (Publicly)

Could you tell me about dealing with UPS?
Anybody here that has had to deal with them on this topic has only the same story of being delayed payment for the most crazy and unreasonable amount of time or just plainly screwed and tattooed.

So far, with his feedback of only POSITIVE FEEDBACK, I think it is a bit of gun jumping.
Your pretty critical too NWDart.

This isn't the first time with this seller and the other thread which grew to 11 pages was deleted. In that thread there was multiple issues with damaged/missing parts because of the way things were packed. In the end I believe Justin took care of things but only because of the pressure that the members of the site put on him.

Two things I will NEVER ship or buy and have shipped:

1- Glass

2- 40 year old dash pad

-
Back