Problem with ply30 member

-
Look!! if said part is damaged/lost in shipping -- the seller immediately refunds $$, the seller needs to hash it out with the shipping company, period. Lawrence

Justin, All of your 4-sale threads are in jeopardy of being closed until this has been handled.

I've spent quite a bit of time with you & your buyer on this issue....

There is NO reason for the refund to have taken this long. Communication is key & has been lacking IMO. Please get this cleared up ASAP

Thanks

As stated on the phone the check will be in the mail. I did not mean for this to take that long but UPS just told me Friday what really happened.
Thanks Justin

Look!! if said part is damaged/lost in shipping -- the seller immediately refunds $$, the seller needs to hash it out with the shipping company, period. Lawrence

I don't believe that the parts have showed up yet, have they?? At least not reported here as of yet!! It is really between the buyer and the seller anyway, and 3 pages of speciation have not solved anything!! The intent of the OP was to call out the seller to communicate, not refund money, at least not yet!! Everybody is kinda jumping the gun on this, and needs to allow the transaction to come to fruition before tipping over the bandwagon and burning the contents!! JMO, Geof

As stated on the phone the check will be in the mail. I did not mean for this to take that long but UPS just told me Friday what really happened.
Thanks Justin

It has been posted on the UPS website that the package was destroyed and discarded since the 20th of August.

Richmond, VA, United States 08/20/2014 1:16 P.M. Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details. / All merchandise discarded. UPS will attempt to notify the sender with details of the damage

Attachments

• Ply30.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 613
C/6pk2goDemon has worked very hard behind the scenes to try to get this resolved to no avail. Opening the thread again appeared to be the only way to get this handled. I commend her for all the time and hard work she has put in on this situation.

For what it is worth I totally support her statement about closing the other for sale threads until this was handled. You notice that now he says the check is going in the mail.

I have almost 50 PMs back and forth between Justin & his buyer on this transaction in the last 10 days. Both of these members have been in constant contact with me, but not so much with each other.... The main problem here has been a lack of communication from the seller with the buyer.

I have always maintained that I believe Justin has every intention of doing the right thing dealing with this unfortunate situation. The buyer would have never started this thread if Justin would have stayed in contact with him & not skirted his multiple phone calls....

Keep the lines of communication open & threads like this will never get started in the first place....

FWIW:

I'm taking some night classes. One guy in my class works for UPS. I told him my horror story about UPS. He says that he believes it.

He openly stated that if you ship anything over 70 pounds by UPS IT GETS DROPPED. It is too heavy for them to pick up off the conveyors and they let them drop to the floor.... :banghead:

With my past experience and knowing this, will not ship UPS if I can avoid it. :finga:

Good thing he's young and is going for another career path by taking classes. :cheers:

I would not want to ship anything glass. That is something that should be picked up from the seller in person. You're asking for trouble if you don't.... :evil3:

Think of the mail like the old commercial where they had gorillas handling baggage at the airport (implying that the baggage handlers treat the luggage like gorillas would)... That's what they do with our packages when shipped.... :violent1:

Good luck trying to get UPS to honor the insurance and pay you.... #-o

RIDICULOUS !!!

That a transaction would involve so much Time, Effort and Energy, in this day and age of simple and instantaneous Communication.

I personally also find it remarkable the amount of folks that have gone thru the effort of taking pictures,adding descriptions and listing items for sale that don't respond when you try to purchase their items or get back to you a week later. Laziness ? Inability to conduct themselves professionally? Stupidity ? I just shake my head and wonder why people don't respond with even a simple SOLD if that's the case and modify their thread to reflect the Sold status.

Gotta be about four out of ten people I have contacted wanting to buy their parts that never respond. Scary the way the world's headed imo.

Just my 2cents and another $4.98 will get you a cup of coffee.

Lack of communication seems to be this particular seller's main weakness, judging from previous similar threads where it took a good bashing to get him to finally take action. Looks like the damaged & destroyed package info was posted the next day after it was originally shipped. Refund should have happened that same day or very soon after and the seller fights with the shipper.
The buyer made a transaction with the seller to fulfill and the seller made a transaction with the shipper to fulfill. The two transactions are really not related to where the buyer should have to wait around if the shipper screws something up. That is the seller's burden to deal with, in my opinion.

I am in business for myself and can't imagine how one would expect to grow a business by ignoring customers when they have an issue to resolve.

This is why I recently decided against pursuing a purchase from this seller that seemed like just what I was looking for. The "what ifs" made me think twice about where to spend my money. Sorry, that's just the simple truth and I didn't want to risk the roughly $500.00 plus dollars it would have cost me.

On the other hand, I have had a ton of great transactions from several members here and made a few friends along the way!

-Doug

you all busting on the vendor when UPS destroyed the package. rofl.

i remember back in the day it took weeks to get parts

i wouldnt go so far as to say some people act like spoiled brats, but...

it will all get resolved ups destroyed a Honda 50 mini trail a few years back and had to buy it from me

PLY30 has sold 100's of parts on here for years i have bought some never had a problem. he's not out to screw anyone over never has doubt he's gonna start now.

the only one tryin to screw someone is all you guys trying to make an issue and starting this thread to try and make him look bad which aint gonna work

i hope Joey bans all of you

A bit harsh? After all, after many open complaints of a former seller blatently ripping other member off for years. And the same guy threatening law suites against Mod(s) and site owner.

Ply30 has one hiccup in all his transactions? And your making threats?
So far it is a he said she said thing going on. (Publicly)

Could you tell me about dealing with UPS?
Anybody here that has had to deal with them on this topic has only the same story of being delayed payment for the most crazy and unreasonable amount of time or just plainly screwed and tattooed.

So far, with his feedback of only POSITIVE FEEDBACK, I think it is a bit of gun jumping.
Your pretty critical too NWDart.

Not for nothing....but as a former moderator here pretty sure dealing with folks here is what you are supposed to do.....suppose if dealing with members is THAT much of a burden for someone that could always resign....but what do I know....

I have almost 50 PMs back and forth between Justin & his buyer on this transaction in the last 10 days. Both of these members have been in constant contact with me, but not so much with each other.... The main problem here has been a lack of communication from the seller with the buyer.

I have always maintained that I believe Justin has every intention of doing the right thing dealing with this unfortunate situation. The buyer would have never started this thread if Justin would have stayed in contact with him & not skirted his multiple phone calls....

Keep the lines of communication open & threads like this will never get started in the first place....

And this is the exact reason that our mods are the best there is! Over 50 PM's behind the scene for just one thread!! And how many threads a day??? My hat is off to all of the mods, past and present who try to make this the best site there is for members, new members and guests!! Bless you all, you must have nerves of solid neutronium!!! Geof

And this is the exact reason that our mods are the best there is! Over 50 PM's behind the scene for just one thread!! And how many threads a day??? My hat is off to all of the mods, past and present who try to make this the best site there is for members, new members and guests!! Bless you all, you must have nerves of solid neutronium!!! Geof

WoW Geoff,

That's some powerful stuff your talking about there!

Attachments

• 2014-08-31 15.24.35.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 536
Not for nothing....but as a former moderator here pretty sure dealing with folks here is what you are supposed to do.....suppose if dealing with members is THAT much of a burden for someone that could always resign....but what do I know....

As a former MOD, I had a heck of a time with Bob Mills. Many complaints came in and I told them all, and I seriously mean an easy 25 people, make a stink, write a thread and post your *****, openly complain about him. But did they?
Nooooooooooooo

I have on one side the complainers. Some demanding immediate action in getting there money back. Which is funny since I have no idea how I would pry money from his hands several hundred miles away.

Then I have, Bob claiming angel!

When Bob would be caught red handed, I would bann him. Then he would sing the blues, cry a river of claims that he has med problems, his dad had cancer, his brother has med issues he is paying for, jobless, tax man came, needed food, sending son through collage, needed rug shampoo, out of gas, the moon was a shade of purple, Zues came over and played poker, alien war refugees needed his garage space for anal probe repair work, his girl friend is a nut and distracted him.

His favorite thing was "Rumblefish360 is picking on me again!"
Even though he was breaking the rules I enforced that JoeyChgo set up and told me to enforce.

JoeyChgo would let him back in. And sure as ****, complaints would start poring in again in just a few short transactions. Each and every time.

Finally, someone started a thread and the previously burned by Bob club came pouring out in droves like a bucket that spilled over. I can't remember jackass' screen name off hand but I'm sure some one here can!

Do a search on the name "Bob Mills" within a thread.

Cosgig, as a former MOD, and on behalf of the current MODS, thank you! But, it can be a trying position. While I was most happy helping people as a MOD, the draw back is a major pain in the ***. Imagine someone telling you that there going to sue you for banning them even though there violating the rules knowingly. Or the censorship is over the top for them. "Your violating my free speech, there's no way you can sensor me from posting or saying XxxxX!"

It's a roving joke.

The up side is helping or directing someone to where there can get help.
Playing policeman or baby sitter is the way to best describe the job. It can be a pain.

(And some people actually thought I got paid a salary for it! LMAO!)

-
Back