Problem with ply30 member

-
As a former MOD, I had a heck of a time with Bob Mills. Many complaints came in and I told them all, and I seriously mean an easy 25 people, make a stink, write a thread and post your *****, openly complain about him. But did they?
Nooooooooooooo

I have on one side the complainers. Some demanding immediate action in getting there money back. Which is funny since I have no idea how I would pry money from his hands several hundred miles away.

Then I have, Bob claiming angel!

When Bob would be caught red handed, I would bann him. Then he would sing the blues, cry a river of claims that he has med problems, his dad had cancer, his brother has med issues he is paying for, jobless, tax man came, needed food, sending son through collage, needed rug shampoo, out of gas, the moon was a shade of purple, Zues came over and played poker, alien war refugees needed his garage space for anal probe repair work, his girl friend is a nut and distracted him.

His favorite thing was "Rumblefish360 is picking on me again!"
Even though he was breaking the rules I enforced that JoeyChgo set up and told me to enforce.

JoeyChgo would let him back in. And sure as ****, complaints would start poring in again in just a few short transactions. Each and every time.

Finally, someone started a thread and the previously burned by Bob club came pouring out in droves like a bucket that spilled over. I can't remember jackass' screen name off hand but I'm sure some one here can!

Do a search on the name "Bob Mills" within a thread.

Lessons are learned as the site grows. Wasn't you banned permanently and didn't Joey let you back in? I don't know the details and I don't care to as it is immaterial to my point. The point is Joey tries to be extremely fair and sometimes too fair as in Bob's case. That particular thread opened a lot of eyes just as the subsequent threads have. In my opinion these threads keep all buyers and sellers in line because they know what can happen if there is problems that they aren't taking care of. Other than a few members that make it a witch hunt the threads have been successful to straighten things out between buyers and sellers.

But you made it a point. So what's your point?
Banned permanently? Hummmm, IDK, I supose I got in through the back door! LOL

Hey! Can you guys deleate threads? Boom! Into cosmic cyber space?
Do you have a list? Of what's bann-able? Deleate-able?
With the complaint threads deleated, I / we only have his feedback score to go by. After looking at his, 17 good dealings, zero neutral, zero bad, what else is there to judge by?

Is it OK for someone to list counterfeit money and then claim it can be passed off as legal tender? This one I reallllllly want you to answer.

Considering your a good fella up and down all day long as far as I'm concerned, I'll letcha in on something first, the question's answer is a catch 22.

The feedback system is a joke here.

I had a problem with a seller once. He stopped responding to my emails and mails. I made a "bad member" thread and started tracking how he was on line, and not responding to me.

After 5 days my thread got deleted. So I went to the next level and after much hesitation gave him a negative feedback, then started posting on his visitor message board, and with some help from my friends, he finally surrendered and sent me an email asking for my address to send a refund to.

We then finally worked it out. then the negative feedback, which is SUPPOSED TO BE PERMANENT, got deleted also....

Two or three months later, another bad guy thread was started on the same seller by another member. If my negative feedback would not have evaporated, he may have been more cautious dealing with the guy that I did and not gotten burned.

If someone gets pushed to the point to leave a negative feedback, it should be permanent and stick with him....

The feedback system is slanted and not an accurate way to judge a seller.

But you made it a point. So what's your point?
Banned permanently? Hummmm, IDK, I supose I got in through the back door! LOL

Hey! Can you guys deleate threads? Boom! Into cosmic cyber space?
Do you have a list? Of what's bann-able? Deleate-able?
With the complaint threads deleated, I / we only have his feedback score to go by. After looking at his, 17 good dealings, zero neutral, zero bad, what else is there to judge by?

Is it OK for someone to list counterfeit money and then claim it can be passed off as legal tender? This one I reallllllly want you to answer.

Considering your a good fella up and down all day long as far as I'm concerned, I'll letcha in on something first, the question's answer is a catch 22.

The point is Joey does let people back in that have been permanently banned. His site and his call.

What goes on between staff/mods/Joey isn't a concern of yours, that is the end of the story. Any further comments or questions feel free to take it up with Joey.

Got no dog in this particular fight, the last statement pretty much is right on the money.

Been there, done that. One party owes another, be it parts, be it money... all word against word. The best you can do it get to the bottom of who's word is closer to the truth (not the actual truth as both stories will carry some elements and leave other elements out to garner sympathy).

Had one member accuse another member of selling him a car that two restoration shops claimed was garbage. The purchaser dropped names, so I got a hold of both restoration shops. One wouldn't talk about it, the other came out said some pretty derogative things about the purchaser. Tells me who's story was closer to the truth.

Recently had a "he said, he said," argument. Both sides were able to speak as to the matter at hand. Got a PM just a month ago saying the purchaser was going to sue the seller and wanted to let everyone know. Not gonna happen. Let the courts decide and keep it out off the site at this point.

But, know what? I'm still the asshole because I wouldn't let this person say that or that person say that.

Gotta act as a filter somewhat and make the executive decision as to who can say what and if what has to be said is pertinent to the conversation. But it goes unappreciated when it's this person or that person.

There's a certain tact that's necessary for being a mod. I enjoy the duty. I like helping members out with posting pics, where to place stuff, encouraging members how to use the site, but one must be able to put his own thoughts at times on the back burner to help members through a situation remembering it ain't about him. (Though there are times I'd like to reach through the screen and slap the s*** out of someone. Deep breath and let's get to the bottom of this.)

To the issue at hand I've said in another thread, the seller's issue seems to be with packaging. Busted stuff. It's been explained on here time and time again, from those who have worked at the parcel services to package it like it's going into a gorilla cage. It was explained to him in the last thread as to how important packaging is. Glass is hit or miss, that's for sure, but many glass places seem to be able to package something in which the glass makes it to the end user.

Other than a few members that make it a witch hunt the threads have been successful to straighten things out between buyers and sellers.

regardless of which members disagree, I don't see people on a "witch hunt." in my mind , it is support, to show , exactly what you say these threads will result in. I have had a 100% pure positive buying and selling experience here, and I have done 100's of dollars worth. if I felt like I was getting burned, and I started a "witch hunt" thread, I would 100% for sure, appreciate any and all support I got from others on this site. if it weren't for the "witch hunters" , these kinds of threads would pretty much fall off the map. look at the superfart426 threads, there were a number of people that posted, that never had first hand experience with bob, but knew what kind of shady dude he was, and posted anyway. those posts were helpful in shutting him down. I would not want to be, and do not deserve to be blown off by someone I gave money to, therefore, I support any member that is being blown off. there are 2 or 3 sides to every story yes, BUT, when you have a member that is logged in and posting, but has NOT taken care of business with someone he owes a reply to, you bet your *** I will be right there in the thick of it until something hopefully great happens, I owe that to the GOOD people that are here. it is the internet, buyer beware yes, but this place is more like a family than a bunch of people trying to take advantage of others. I have a few bad sellers on my ignore list that were proven to be rip offs. that is the only way I can keep track of them. I think only 2 of them actually have negative feedback. I try to keep my comments neutral , and I explain what I would do, only as support, unless of course I know first hand what is really going on.
bad seller threads are just a tool, to get a response. 9 times out of 10 they work, and was the ONLY thing that worked. I have seen it. I know I wouldn't want MY name smeared all over the internet.
that's where I stand on the whole thing.

What goes on between staff/mods/Joey isn't a concern of yours, that is the end of the story. Any further comments or questions feel free to take it up with Joey.

The post wasn't ment to get your dander up. Though if I have a concern, you betcha I'll ask. Answers are another story. Baha ah ah ha ha.....

You think about that last question I gave you. Just think about it.

Ramenth, no fighting dogs here. Just questions.... And here's one for which should be answered! Regulardless!

Is it true that negative feedback can be taken off of your feedback score?

THAT, is something everybody should be aware of and unable to do!

What goes on between staff/mods/Joey isn't a concern of yours, that is the end of the story.

I'm gonna out and say it: that sounds totalitarian.

Rob knows how the site works. I know how the site works as a mod on another of Joey's sites. Yes, there are things that are kept between the mods and Joey, but it shouldn't sound like something secreted behind closed doors to which the general populace has no knowledge for the "greater good."

If Joey makes a decision, that's his call as I'm just a volunteer in helping out, but before I go running to Joey on something, I usually try to make sure the effected parties are in the loop. Yes, there are things like certain members on the watch list or how to handle a certain situation, but those members who are being affected by the decision should be in the know as to how things may or may not shake out.

I've banned members before. It's not really something I like to do. Usually I'll address it as a verbal warning in PM. I'll leave it up the member from there. If they want to play nice with the rest of the membership then we'll drop the matter. I've had members, though, who like to continue to play keyboard warriors and keep it going, either in the thread or with me. At that point he or she has made the decision for me. See ya.

After that it's up to the member(s) involved as to rather on not they want to speak publicly about it or between himself and other members.

Oops, I opened a can of worms here, sorry!! Just trying to praise the mods for all they do!! Ill mind my P's and Q's next time!!! Geof

The post wasn't ment to get your dander up. Though if I have a concern, you betcha I'll ask. Answers are another story. Baha ah ah ha ha.....

You think about that last question I gave you. Just think about it.

Ramenth, no fighting dogs here. Just questions.... And here's one for which should be answered! Regulardless!

Is it true that negative feedback can be taken off of your feedback score?

THAT, is something everybody should be aware of and unable to do!

From what I've seen, yes, the mods have the ability to delete negative feedback. I wouldn't know how, since we haven't made it to that point on FEBO. But...

I won't delete negative threads, either. Again, there's a certain element of truth to each side of the story. I'll lock 'em down and let the general membership do a search. It's from that point, after both sides of the story have been presented, as to rather or not you wish to do business with someone.

Let's take Justin's issue here as an example. A fellow member made the claim that he received an empty box possibly due to packaging issues. Another member made the claim he got busted parts, again, due to packaging issues. Justin's feedback is an overwhelming positive. Other buyers should know that there's been issues and they can't do that with threads being deleted. It should be up to any potential buyer from that point as to rather or not he wants to do business with Justin. If the buyer wants to continue at that point or not to continue at that point, then it's should be the buyer's discretion. That's not a knock on Justin.

As it should be any time these threads pop up.

regardless of which members disagree, I don't see people on a "witch hunt." in my mind , it is support, to show , exactly what you say these threads will result in. I have had a 100% pure positive buying and selling experience here, and I have done 100's of dollars worth. if I felt like I was getting burned, and I started a "witch hunt" thread, I would 100% for sure, appreciate any and all support I got from others on this site. if it weren't for the "witch hunters" , these kind of threads would pretty much fall off the map. look at the superfart426 threads, there were a number of people that posted, that never had first hand experience with bob, but knew what kind of shady dude he was, and posted any way. those posts were helpful in shutting him down. I would not want to be, and do not deserve to be blown off by someone I gave money to, therefore, I support any member that is being blown off. there are 2 or 3 sides to every story yes, BUT, when you have a member that is logged in and posting, but has NOT taken care of business with someone he owes a reply to, you bet your *** I will be right there in the thick of it until some thing happens, I owe that to the GOOD people that are here. it is the internet, buyer beware yes, but this place is more like a family than a bunch of people trying to take advantange of others. I have a few bad sellers on my ignore list that were proven to be rip offs. that is the only way I can keep track of them. I think only 2 of them actually have negative feedback. I try to keep my comments neutral , and I explain what I would do, only as support, unless of course I know first hand what is really going on.
bad seller threads are just a tool, to get a response. 9 times out of 10, they work, I have seen it. I know I wouldn't want MY name smeared all over the internet.
that's where I stand on the whole thing.

My witch hunt referral is about some people that don't bother reading/following the thread and therefore have no factual information to act upon so they start with the drive by posts which hinders straightening things out. This doesn't apply to most people. Their posting tends to stir up a bigger hornets nest. I have no problem with people such as yourself that are trying to get the party(ies) to do the right thing.

You two guys are awesome MODs, just wanna let you guys know that is my personal take on you two guys.

No worries Cosgig.

Ram, OK is right though. Not that there BIG things being discussed in the mods forum.

I'm gonna out and say it: that sounds totalitarian.

Rob knows how the site works. I know how the site works as a mod on another of Joey's sites. Yes, there are things that are kept between the mods and Joey, but it shouldn't sound like something secreted behind closed doors to which the general populace has no knowledge for the "greater good."

If Joey makes a decision, that's his call as I'm just a volunteer in helping out, but before I go running to Joey on something, I usually try to make sure the effected parties are in the loop. Yes, there are things like certain members on the watch list or how to handle a certain situation, but those members who are being affected by the decision should be in the know as to how things may or may not shake out.

I've banned members before. It's not really something I like to do. Usually I'll address it as a verbal warning in PM. I'll leave it up the member from there. If they want to play nice with the rest of the membership then we'll drop the matter. I've had members, though, who like to continue to play keyboard warriors and keep it going, either in the thread or with me. At that point he or she has made the decision for me. See ya.

After that it's up to the member(s) involved as to rather on not they want to speak publicly about it or between himself and other members.

You are correct, he does know how it works and is trying to start a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with this thread. I could have wrote a big long speech about it but what good would it do?

There is one comment from here I will take with me. It's not a good versus bad thing. It's just the truth. I try to deal with reality.
This is Joeys site, he has to manage it the best he can with what he has. Now, that is the key phrase I'm talking about. This is Joeys site. It's his playground, follow his rules or go somewhere else to play. Life is not always fair; this is an example of that. Just like other things, sometimes your rights are not there. Believe it or not, we don't always have free speech, I don't need to give examples of that. Thank you.

My witch hunt referral is about some people that don't bother reading/following the thread and therefore have no factual information to act upon so they start with the drive by posts which hinders straightening things out. This doesn't apply to most people. Their posting tends to stir up a bigger hornets nest. I have no problem with people such as yourself that are trying to get the party(ies) to do the right thing.

yes , I know what you mean Bill, but the majority of those posts are good for the thread, maybe not so good for the situation, but they do keep the thread alive until it is locked , deleted. or resolved. from what Ive seen , it really does work even though it can get ugly. I have only seen a couple , out of MANY , where the OP was super impatient, or was simply trying to start a problem that didn't exist.

I had the opportunity to be a mod here, I simply did not have the time, or really the patience for it. I commend all you guys for doing it and I can only imagine how trying it can get at times.

I hate to be mean but the point of this thread is that a buyer had a problem which is legitimate. the crescendo should be whether the seller is going to do anything about it or not.

Not all of us care who has mod experience or what people who are not mods should, could or would do.....what is the seller is going to do about this problem is all that really matters.

I am only interested in this because PLY30 has a bunch of yummy parts listed and payday is around the corner so either we are going to poop or get off the pot here.

so the next replies should be from PLY30 as to what we are doing here or the mods will have to speak on his behalf if he wont do anything. People who want a pat on the back for being a super mod are not really helping the thread or situation.

You are correct, he does know how it works and is trying to start a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with this thread. I could have wrote a big long speech about it but what good would it do?

Now now, you should know better. You know when I'm trying to start ****. I just open up and not beat around the bush.

I am the person that purchased the glass from justin.I want to thank everyone for there input.I do believe if the moderator had not stepped in and with your inputs this would have not went anywhere.Yes there was a problem with ups but that was not the problem .ups did tell me that they spoke with him on the 22 and told him what they where going to do .The problem was he would not contact me after numerous calls and messages that i left until i posted something on here .Hopefully he sends the money.Again thanks to everyone

There must be a way to "tag" a member who has a transaction that is in dispute, to warn other potential buyers that they have an unresolved issue with another buyer. They would have to resolve the issue to remove the "tag". Nobody would want to do business with a member wearing an "I have an unresolved problem" t-shirt. Something of this nature would serve to put pressure on the parties involved to hastily resolve the issue. Something that wouldn't leave a permanent negative feedback score. Kinda like making my kids hug each other for an hour when I caught them fighting.

From what I've seen, yes, the mods have the ability to delete negative feedback.

In theory, yes. But they don't. I handle that. We get very little negative feedback and the only times I have deleted it were at the request of the poster.

Well ply30 (justin) STILL HAS NOT SENT MY MONEY

I was not going to say anything in this thread, but Justin was pretty demanding when I had a shipping issue with him a couple of months back. I sold him a steering wheel that got lost in the mail. Tracking showed that it got to one of the main distribution points and then dropped off the radar. I was going through all the motions to find it, and even offered to send another similar wheel that he could use until I resolved the issue with the first one. He declined and started a thread on here calling me out for being a bad seller and demanding an immediate refund. The issue was resolved here with the assistance of member TrailBeast, who bought the second wheel and sent Justin the money.
I just think it's ironic that this same person is holding back from offering YOU a prompt refund now. Justin, what goes around, comes around. Pay the man.

Well ply30 (justin) STILL HAS NOT SENT MY MONEY

This sucks, I'm sorry to hear that my man. I have bought from ply30 in the past, he was ok. He has lost a customer, after seeing and following up on this thread and him not having the balls to fix or give you a refund, I'm out. He has great parts, I'm better off looking else where. The next victim could be me.

-
Back