Problem with ply30 member

-
The guy is obviously having some kind of problem..

You don't know that and neither do I. He might have just blown it on beer or something "worse." Hard to say

But I WILL tell you this. "Everybody else" kicking in and covering for him is known as "enableing." This gives the guilty the idea, that "I dodged that one, everybody else will pick up after me."

I don't see this thread as a mess at all. I see it as a necessary part of "doing business" on this board. If there are no teeth in doing business here, then this board will just become another website on the www to scam people.

IF this guy has some home emergency, medical, financial, out of control, that might be a deal. I'm at the age where ANYTHING can happen as a matter of course.

For me, a bounced check after a PROMISE to pay is a real bad indicator. THIS says a bunch, to me.

It's completely different than claiming an emergency, or "don't have the money."

But I WILL tell you this. "Everybody else" kicking in and covering for him is known as "enableing." This gives the guilty the idea, that "I dodged that one, everybody else will pick up after me."

I don't see this thread as a mess at all. I see it as a necessary part of "doing business" on this board. If there are no teeth in doing business here, then this board will just become another website on the www to scam people.

I agree 100% with everything said here.

I just find it funny that when he was on here selling parts he was active. Now that the heat is on him and things are not good he is no where around. Im not sure if he is banned, I have not checked but he isn't even here trying to defend himself and make this right. It says a whole lot about who he is and Im glad I never went thru with the transaction I was going to do with him.

There are a lot of stand up members on this site that are honest that I would rather wait to get the part from.

You don't know that and neither do I. He might have just blown it on beer or something "worse." Hard to say

IF this guy has some home emergency, medical, financial, out of control, that might be a deal. I'm at the age where ANYTHING can happen as a matter of course.

For me, a bounced check after a PROMISE to pay is a real bad indicator. THIS says a bunch, to me.

It's completely different than claiming an emergency, or "don't have the money."

This hits the nail squarely on the head .

You don't know that and neither do I."

I agree 100%. I don't know. Never said I did. But neither do you. Why assume the negative? In my beat Obama voice, let me be clear.

I am not taking sides here. I am being sympathetic, because of the position Kitty and I are in. Maybe he's in a similar one. Maybe he's too prideful to say anything. Maybe he's too young and stupid. I was once. Weren't you? Or can't you remember that far back?

All I am trying to do here is throw up a "what if". As in what if he's in a really tough spot, backed into a corner and really has good intentions? Imagine that's the case for just an instant and put yourself in his shoes.

Sometimes we get to where we forget that not everyone is as smart or as experienced as we are. What is he? 18 I think?

Didn't you make a lot of mistakes at 18? I know I did.

Oh and my offer still stands. In fact, if HemiOutlaw and I are the only two who pledge, I would be willing to go in halves.

While you may see it in a negative light and "enabling" I see it as getting the guy back the money he's owed and ending this fiasco.

-1964 Plymouth Belvedere
-1966 Plymouth Belvedere II(Project)
-1968 GTX Black on black 440 #'s matching (Project)
-1969 Sport sattelite 318 AC car factory copper metallic(One owner Driving project)
-1971 Dodge dart swinger(restoring)
-1970 Dodge dart swinger(Running with a 440)
-1970 340 Plymouth duster(Project)

The above is copied from his sig. The poverty card just ain't gonna work here. He's got projects and parts cars and more than enough stuff to make good on any promises.
I'm all for the benefit of the doubt, and reaching out to help those who need and deserve it. That's just not the case here.

Do not think it is the money, at least in my case it was not it is the principle of making it right. A whole lot of wasted energy dealing with a very unreasonable person. When I first tried to get reimbursed for my broken dash he typed back absolutely not! . Only reason I got my money back was because I jumped on the ripped off thread that was started by someone else. We are getting a lot of new members here daily that need to be warned of people doing business in a non professional way. Mods tried to help me leave feedback and I tried multiple times with no success. Not the best tech type of guy here. I have spent hundreds of dollars with multiple people on this site since my dealing with justin and have never had a problem. Great site ,good people and great info here which is invaluable in building our cars. One bad apple isn't the greatest but people should know who they are dealing with never the less. My 2 cents nwdart

My question is why are his 50+ for sale ads still active on here?

Especially after bouncing a long over due refund check?

I have spoken earlier when this first started with 6pk2goDemon who i guess is a mod.I have asked her to remove his ads or do something until this is resolved.She said to wait and see if he sent the check.He sent the check finally i cashed it and got charged 15 dollars to my account for his bad ck.I called him 4 times today on his cell and 4 times on his other phone no answer at either one.
Left 2 pms with 6pk2go Demon to see if they will take his ads off.That is the only way you are going to hurt him.Have not heard from her.He now owes me 180 dollars.I do not want members to donate money to end this I want his ads off here.If any one knows how to contact someone on this web site that will do something,pm me.Iam sure he is watching this thread.I bet if you try to get a part from him he will answer.He never would pick up the phone for me but when 6pk2goDemon left a message he called her.Everyone should pm him and tell him to pay up and they should take his for sale ads off till he does

I have spoken earlier when this first started with 6pk2goDemon who i guess is a mod.I have asked her to remove his ads or do something until this is resolved.She said to wait and see if he sent the check.He sent the check finally i cashed it and got charged 15 dollars to my account for his bad ck.I called him 4 times today on his cell and 4 times on his other phone no answer at either one.
Left 2 pms with 6pk2go Demon to see if they will take his ads off.That is the only way you are going to hurt him.Have not heard from her.He now owes me 180 dollars.I do not want members to donate money to end this I want his ads off here.If any one knows how to contact someone on this web site that will do something,pm me.Iam sure he is watching this thread.I bet if you try to get a part from him he will answer.He never would pick up the phone for me but when 6pk2goDemon left a message he called her.Everyone should pm him and tell him to pay up and they should take his for sale ads off till he does

I agree 100%. I said it earlier in this post he she be banned from selling parts. If he would have came on here and just said he was struggling and needed the money I may have pitched in to give him some. But to sell something to someone and then bounce a check is flat wrong. I try to be a Christian but even the bible said:

Leviticus 6:1-5

The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “If anyone sins and commits a breach of faith against the Lord by deceiving his neighbor in a matter of deposit or security, or through robbery, or if he has oppressed his neighbor or has found something lost and lied about it, swearing falsely—in any of all the things that people do and sin thereby— if he has sinned and has realized his guilt and will restore what he took by robbery or what he got by oppression or the deposit that was committed to him or the lost thing that he found or anything about which he has sworn falsely, he shall restore it in full and shall add a fifth to it, and give it to him to whom it belongs on the day he realizes his guilt.

Also

Exodus 20:15

“You shall not steal

This is BS, I don't care if you have a situation, you write a check and it goes bad, you've jumped into the poop pool.

6pk2go has been very busy with other obligation not related to this board. I'm sure this will be dealt with by the mods

Send Joey a PM if you want some traction. He's the head guy.

You Sir,
Are absolutely correct and threads like this serve an invaluable service alerting member's about an unscrupulous seller. As I believe this is a privately owned site and membership comes with no implied guarantee's, I'm not quite sure why seller's like this are allowed to operate with immunity unless the decision to revoke privilege is driven by fear of Liability and Litigation. As stated in an earlier post of which I wholely agree, Yes it would be ENABLING for me to pay for the shortcomings of others when they are still operating on this site with immunity. That said, since joining this forum I actually found it quite impressive that some members made up for the failings of others. Is it their obligation or responsibility? Unequivocally No, but they did it out of the kindness of their heart and being RICH is ultimately not determined by the size of your account or the number of possession's. There is no shortage of transgressions in my past and since I have at least one foot out of the darkness I'm just offering to step up to the plate and pitch in as I have seen many others do here. Yup RUSTY I'll go halves with ya.

while we're here, I'd like to give a shout out to member ssba , of which , I sent cold hard cash to through the mail a week ago , and already received my part 2 days ago. Winston is an outstanding guy to work with. if he has something you need, I HIGHLY recommend you do business with him.

thanks

Well, I've been given new information that adds light to the subject. Hemioutlaw, we probably don't want to do this. I'll leave it right there.

I wasn't going to get involved with this thread but have been watching it closely. And sending a bad check is not cool. Here's my 2cents worth.
I bought some glass from Justin. It took me over 6 weeks to get it. I sent him the money and was told it was being sent out in a day or two. Two weeks later no glass. Sent a PM and a couple of days later got a response. He said he was going to get a better piece of glass from a friend and send it out in a day. Two weeks later no glass. At this time the "empty box Thread" was started. When I made a comment on that thread he PM me saying he was sending out the glass asap. A week later I got another PM from him asking if I still wanted the glass or my money back. I needed the glass so said to send it. He then PM me with his phone number. I called him and he told me he haven't sent it because of a family member was in the hospital. Finally a week later my glass showed up and not broken.

I didn't leave bad feedback because I did get it. But didn't leave good feedback because the BS to get it. I don't think Justin is out to screw people. I just think he has too much on his plate and needs to focus on less things. It's like my girlfriend, I love her madly but she is very disorganized. And I think this is the case here.

I just parted out my Dart but only sold a few parts at a time. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it all at once. I like to be a good seller as much as a buyer.

My mistake was, I didn't know ALL about the steering wheel......AND my stupid blind *** missed all the cars in ply30's sig. downsr I am sure is a stand up guy, but I cannot in good conscience throw money to fill a hole possibly caused by someone who has more than enough means to fill it himself. My apologies to those who tried to tell my stupid *** otherwise.

another thumbs up for Mr. Winston (ssba) he is fast and he is not trying to get rich on a single item ......he sent me a dash frame and after shipping I know he didn't make much on it ......I will have to get him back someday soon.

This stuff shouldn't happen. The Mod's here should deal with this seller. I've purchased many parts on this site as well as sold some. I was always treated fairly and any problems were resolved promptly. That's the way every transaction should be handled. Honesty and Trust are a big part of buying and selling. This thread is a great example of the seller's failure to complete his end of the transaction. A bounced refund check.

Another FABO happy ending.
Not !!!
Unsure but do not believe there would be legal fee's involved in recovering the money as hot check writers are handled by the DA's office. My offer still stands and hopefully seller's privilege is revoked.

I had a seller (elsewhere) send me an item late then UPS notified the shipper
that it had been destroyed and told him that they would be reimbursing him
for the damage.

At this point the seller should have issued me a full refund but instead he
“wanted to see what UPS worked out”……like as if in case their settlement was
not to his satisfaction, then maybe I should’t be getting a full refund.

He did not want to assume his responsibility as the seller/shipper.

This problem should be strictly between the seller and UPS. Once damage is
revealed, the buyer should be made whole immediately and be able to walk away
regardless of if/when and how much the seller recoups from UPS.

I think that some sellers feel that they do not want to refund for a damaged item
until they first are reimbursed. It’s like they have the mental attitude that “you may
get the money that UPS refunds but you’re not getting any of my (other) money”.

That’s not the way it’s supposed to work.

I had a seller (elsewhere) send me an item late then UPS notified the shipper
that it had been destroyed and told him that they would be reimbursing him
for the damage.

At this point the seller should have issued me a full refund but instead he
“wanted to see what UPS worked out”……like as if in case their settlement was
not to his satisfaction, then maybe I should’t be getting a full refund.

He did not want to assume his responsibility as the seller/shipper.

This problem should be strictly between the seller and UPS. Once damage is
revealed, the buyer should be made whole immediately and be able to walk away
regardless of if/when and how much the seller recoups from UPS.

I think that some sellers feel that they do not want to refund for a damaged item
until they first are reimbursed. It’s like they have the mental attitude that “you may
get the money that UPS refunds but you’re not getting any of my (other) money”.

That’s not the way it’s supposed to work.

No it shouldn't be like that, you're right. Because then a less than ethical seller would have the buyer's money AND the refund from the shipper and effectively be paid twice.

I was told by the administrator that it is there policy not to get involved in these things.They would send him a pm to see what is happening with it.Basically they cant do anything to him.So if he dont pay it is still business as usual for him.And i still need tinted door glass for 70 duster.Justin also said he had the windows insured .So he is getting the ins money and my money

They should at least be able to let you leave feedback somehow. You should pursue that I think.

-
Back