ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
Don’t rush him. He’s retired. And old. And needs 2 naps a day. He will get it done on old people time.
Actually been too busy working on customers cars... Doing a hackle wacko on this 65 Malibu console to make the ramrod fit..
IMG_20200521_114257.jpg

Are you done yet. Is it running
easy there tiger I just got the heads back yesterday and my cometic gaskets were there when I got home. I'll try and get the radiator dumped tonight and tomorrow get started as I want to pull the engine and tranny out as well. I want to check my clutch and I've got the new headers to install and I do not like to install them with the engine in so I might as well take it all out and do it right on my engine stand get everything all adjusted...
Stay tuned right here I'll keep you guys posted..

Actually been too busy working on customers cars... Doing a hackle wacko on this 65 Malibu console to make the ramrod fit..
View attachment 1715532667

easy there tiger I just got the heads back yesterday and my cometic gaskets were there when I got home. I'll try and get the radiator dumped tonight and tomorrow

get started as I want to pull the engine and tranny out as well. I want to check my clutch and I've got the new headers to install and I do not like to install them with the engine in so I might as well take it all out and do it right on my engine stand get everything all adjusted...

I LOVE that shifter. That’s what I have. Inline but not a Vertigate.

View attachment 1715532667

easy there tiger I just got the heads back yesterday and my cometic gaskets were there when I got home. I'll try and get the radiator dumped tonight and tomorrow get started as I want to pull the engine and tranny out as well. I want to check my clutch and I've got the new headers to install and I do not like to install them with the engine in so I might as well take it all out and do it right on my engine stand get everything all adjusted...
You should push the button before you pull the engine to swap heads.
Pulling the engine to work on it is a bad omen in my book. lol

The tracks aren't open.. I can get a big enough ticket to get arrested without the damn nitrous...
So you would rather oil down the track than on a back road. lol
It is more likely the nitrous will be used until the bottle needs refilled. It kinda fits your attention span. always what can I do next. lol

Probably start with taking the front seats out tomorrow morning and the thresholds and the front carpet. Get the shifter out..
I just screw the shifter hump down so I can remove it when I need to. I just glued a seal down and it's easily removable.. then I can get the top transmission bolts right from the driver's compartment...
Once I get the shifter and linkage out, clutch z bar, the starter, oil filter, Driveline, transmission, the exhaust, the headers,I think I can go ahead and pull the motor out at that point and get it on the engine stand after I remove the clutch housing in the clutch.... Easy peasy..

you need a lego car..... something you can tare down and build again twice a week :rolleyes:
It pretty much is.. almost all of the wiring unplugged and I'll probably be redoing some of that as well making sure it all plugs in and unplugs.. both of the nitrous plugs unplugged. The coil unplugged, the distributor unplugged, the fuel pump wires unplug, the fan wires unplugged, and the 12 volt feed for the electric choke unplugged which I don't use...
Once I took the fuel line off and the throttle cable I just disconnected the four tubes for the nitrous and the entire top came off...
I'll be making some improvements on the way back together. It looks like I could use a new router and cap I don't think about some new wires as well... I'm considering a new timing chain but I don't want to take that damn cover off... It seems like I was getting a bit of a turn on the main pulley and it wasn't moving the cam or the distributor...

-
Back