ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
I thought about catching up with you on the BIG RED x (didn't know you were counting)......but........ Well, I like :popcorn::D

Anyways:rolleyes:...
Just ordered a starter dust cover from Brewers. Mine is cracked in the thin area above the starter and at the other end is broken around one of the bolts.
I pulled the transmission as well as I wanted to check the clutch and it looks okay. There's some wear of course, but it's not wore out or looking close...
IMG_20200524_170244.jpg

I've got a list of things in my Summit shopping cart that I'm going to probably order tomorrow I have the day off tomorrow and I should be able to get down to all the things that I'll need. I know I'd like a new rotor and cap and spark plug wires. These are 5 years old.
I have a lot to get cleaned up. I'd like to clean up the engine bay since the engine is out and re-inspect and maybe redo some of my wiring. I'd like to scrub down the block a little bit as I definitely had valve cover leaks... the lower part of the intake manifold and the China walls on the block all need scraping and cleaning so it looks like tomorrow will be a lot of cleanup work. Tonight I'll take the rockers off after work and tomorrow hopefully I'll pull at least one of the timing cover bolts to empty the block down further and get the heads off...:thumbsup:...

This is how it goes 1268 post+....
Your the King of Poop Slinging,:poke: in the name of FUN. And your complaining because your getting some back!?
Now there's the kettle calling the pot black.

Woops lost control of my fingers.
:popcorn:

Don’t rush him. He’s retired. And old. And needs 2 naps a day. He will get it done on old people time.
Yup, that’s me.... not yet retired but needing a min. of 2 cat naps a day. I also work ssssssslllloooowwwwww.

Your the King of Poop Slinging,:poke: in the name of FUN. And your complaining because your getting some back!?
Now there's the kettle calling the pot black.

Woops lost control of my fingers.
:popcorn:
I'm not complaining and I'm not denying I'm just merely pointing out....
It's not all me...

It take two to tango my friend.
Translation?
If you don't respond, it would not have taken this long to get your thread back on track........Just saying.................

Anyways:rolleyes:...
Just ordered a starter dust cover from Brewers. Mine is cracked in the thin area above the starter and at the other end is broken around one of the bolts.
I pulled the transmission as well as I wanted to check the clutch and it looks okay. There's some wear of course, but it's not wore out or looking close...
View attachment 1715535390
I've got a list of things in my Summit shopping cart that I'm going to probably order tomorrow I have the day off tomorrow and I should be able to get down to all the things that I'll need. I know I'd like a new rotor and cap and spark plug wires. These are 5 years old.
I have a lot to get cleaned up. I'd like to clean up the engine bay since the engine is out and re-inspect and maybe redo some of my wiring. I'd like to scrub down the block a little bit as I definitely had valve cover leaks... the lower part of the intake manifold and the China walls on the block all need scraping and cleaning so it looks like tomorrow will be a lot of cleanup work. Tonight I'll take the rockers off after work and tomorrow hopefully I'll pull at least one of the timing cover bolts to empty the block down further and get the heads off...:thumbsup:...

So how does the pressure plate and flywheel look?

So how does the pressure plate and flywheel look?
Smudged all up with disc material but nothing warped looking. As in one clean area and one not clean area or something. I guess it looks like even wear if anything but I don't really see any wear per se... It was working just perfect...

Well I'm 100% prepared to have the flywheel resurfaced and buy a brand new clutch and pressure plate I'm just not really seeing any need...

Well I'm 100% prepared to have the flywheel resurfaced and buy a brand new clutch and pressure plate I'm just not really seeing any need...

I didn’t see anything offensive there. Buying a clutch would just be spending $$$$$.

Bolt it back in, hook up the CT and get your foot in it.

I didn’t see anything offensive there. Buying a clutch would just be spending $$$$$.

Bolt it back in, hook up the CT and get your foot in it.

I guess i'm on the other side of the coin. if i have no intention on pulling it back apart, any time soon.
Any hot spots on the flywheel RESURFACE! Disc and throw out bearing are a must in my book.

Not saying it needs any of it............its open...........don't open it again, for a chattering or squeaking throwout bearing.

I guess i'm on the other side of the coin. if i have no intention on pulling it back apart, any time soon.
Any hot spots on the flywheel RESURFACE! Disc and throw out bearing are a must in my book.

Not saying it needs any of it............its open...........don't open it again, for a chattering or squeaking throwout bearing.
I just bought a new tranny Jack and it's not that big of a deal to pull the floor bolts off and slide the tranny out. I really don't need to do all that. And I don't need to spend the extra money. I couldn't have five or six hundred miles on this damn clutch. Probably less than 20 passes at the track. If the worst thing I had to do was pull the clutch and the flywheel this winter that would be just fine with me..

Back on track here: Graham noticed when he was pulling vacuum to check the valve sealing that there was a couple of Pin holes where the CNC machine nicked the valve cover bolt boss. The bolt does seal it up. Just a FYI. Kim

Back on track here: Graham noticed when he was pulling vacuum to check the valve sealing that there was a couple of Pin holes where the CNC machine nicked the valve cover bolt boss. The bolt does seal it up. Just a FYI. Kim

I heard that as well, and noticed the same thing on my heads when I checked them over. Easily dealt with by using some sealant on the threads, especially if you use studs instead.

I have the non CNC version and the first thing the guy told me when he checked them out was he did a pressure check on them and they pegged meter and held it... On all port's...

Last edited:
IMG_20200526_170851.jpg

Thought it was kind of weird how the number one cylinder had that clean half crescent on it? Almost like maybe a water leak or something....
Of course I did look at the cylinders and all four corners and just with a feeler gauge of course I couldn't get more than .010 above deck.. I'm sure I could get away with the Edelbrock/fel pro .050 gasket, but since I got the cometic I'm going to go with the .070 and the quality...
IMG_20200526_171908.jpg

-
Back