Proformance unlimited

-
Agreed enjoy the same amount of horsepower without winding motor up and wearing it out faster.

Bought a 422 inch short block from a member on here but has big domes and a 600 plus lift roller. Would like to be pump gas. Would do partial trade if someone is interested. Or may just swap pistons rebalance and so forth. Seems like just more work and money. Would really like something that is already assembled closer to my needs.

Bought a 422 inch short block from a member on here but has big domes and a 600 plus lift roller. Would like to be pump gas. Would do partial trade if someone is interested. Or may just swap pistons rebalance and so forth. Seems like just more work and money. Would really like something that is already assembled closer to my needs.
Again same position been running a 100ll in my motor and now this summer going to try and use regular gas and I'm not sure what's going to happen. Wish I thought of this when I was building the motor.

72scamp - have you looked into any local builders around you? At least ones you can verify are good? And had them quote you?

Just curious. I haven’t heard anything bad particularly about PU. But most other “crate” motors are a crap shoot. Our local engine builder has seen this over the years. Some he’s pulled apart are fine and others are nightmares. No consistency across brand. But PU also is more than usual “crate” builder too ... they seem to get decent reviews across the inter webs. Lol

I just like to see my **** being built by someone who I can personally verify their previous work. But they might be great builders. Perhaps some people here with experience can chime in. I’d also hit a few other car forums asking the same.

Gotta get with our Florida members. We have a couple of guys right there in Melbourne Fl.!

I love it! Now that's how to go about doing the build. Car and stuff for car first. Engine last. I see way too many started projects with the focus being the engine and then the car never getting finished. You done good.

I love it! Now that's how to go about doing the build. Car and stuff for car first. Engine last. I see way too many started projects with the focus being the engine and then the car never getting finished. You done good.
Thank you. Been trying to think ahead. It has taken me about a year and a half to get this far. Hope to be mostly done by this time next year.

Is Canadian HP the same as US horsepower? Not sure of the exchange rate at the moment...:canada::confederateflag:

you guys should be getting your engines built in Canada 20 per cent cheaper on the exchange alone day and ross will ship an engine anywhere for a good price .

550-600 horsepower on pump gas, out of a small block stroker, is a whole lot easier to talk about and claim, than it is to produce.

Does anyone have any experience or reviews on proformance unlimted sb 500hp engines. Price seems fair at 10k complete with a 1yr warranty. Would like to be around 550 to 600 hp. They says they can custom build to meet my needs. What do you guys think? Would be open to other suggestions.
I think, in reality you will need 470 - 500 cubes to make 550 - 600 real horses on pump gas.

Ok... now to figure out how to get past the RCMP at the border, eh?
By way of boat, in the middle of the night, during the fog in the rain storm. Michelle the party lights are on so they think party boat!

I have a new build I might be willing to part with for the right coin. It's a 422" smallblock 340 based motor. Should.also be in the 550-600HP range. Has all of your wants. It has been built with the best parts for this type of build. No crate motor stuff. 69' 340 half fill with hard block, BRC billet steel 2 bolt main caps, 4.100
FB_IMG_1517374951071.jpg
diamond pistons, eagle h beams w/arp 2000 bolts. BPE 4.00" lightweight crank, milidon gear drive, ported rpm heads 2.08 /1.60 ferrea 6000 series valves, hughes rockers, ported M1 drilled and tapped cross over. Head studded with MLS gaskets, etc. Not your typical "crate If you would like to discuss it in pm let me know.

No I dont have flow numbers on the heads (runners are 185cc) nor has it been on the dyno. What I do know is when this motor was 10.4:1 with the same head, same cam with a heavier 2.02 valve, 5.5lb pound heavier crank, heavier total bob weight rotating assembly. And an unported weiand single plane intake it went 10.40's in a 3400lbs duster.

Last edited:
I do not think I have read anything positive about blueprint a d mopar engines.

Maybe the good ones dont complain.

I have or seen good things from IMM (brian) and RAMM (j robb)

I went my own route with a reputable builder in my area and now redoing engine after a year. Hopefully this other reputable builder works out.
If it all goes to hell again you may see me in the news.

10k is a lot of money for me. I value quality for few extra bucks tho.
I here ya brother, I have 10 grand into my custom built 418 and I don't think I'm done yet. It took 4 months and change to get it back. Just ordered another $1000 worth of parts that will be arriving today. I totally feel your pain. Also like jpar said I will have to make suspension modifications to handle it all. I have superstock springs and a pinion snubber but I know I'm gonna need Caltracs or Slide-A-Links if I want to get it all to the ground. Spent so much on the engine that suspension will have to wait. Guess I will have to have a light right foot. Good luck to you.

Is is safe to assume that you don't want to build it yourself and save a few $$$$. By the time you add tax and shipping you are well over 11 grand....seems steep, but I might be out of touch as far as crate motor pricing goes.

Just saying, I built my 410 stroker in my garage and it was no where near that price (and its really not that hard).

By way of boat, in the middle of the night, during the fog in the rain storm. Michelle the party lights are on so they think party boat!
That sounds really sketchy!
I would drive my hotrod into Canada on a beautiful summer weekend and pull a Finnegan and Freiburger move summit style. Leave my tired but trusty 318/360 with the builder for core.

-
Back