project blown slant

-
here's an aussie VC valiant ute with blown 225 :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqzJptexW8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqzJptexW8[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSIsCAGV7A0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSIsCAGV7A0[/ame]

"Chrysler Slant 6 supercharged on dyno
Eaton M90 supercharged Chrysler slant six.
This run was with fresh fuel and re-set ignition curv.
Naturally aspirated was 91.6 HP and 228.9 ft-lb at the wheels.
Supercharged 10psi is 163.5 HP and 473.9 ft-lb at the wheels."
and hey - nice blower whine!

well i finally have a little bit of an update. i finally got my custom pulleys all made up. i used a company called asp racing in texas, they were very nice and willing to take on the project. i would deffinitley recomend them to anyone needing custom pulley work done. i sent them my new balancer and the old blower pulley. i told them that i wanted the bottom pulley to mount to the balancer and the top pulley to be 10% larger so i could run it underdriven for now. this is what they came up with. the first picture is the original blower pulley (way too small) and the new one next to it. the next few are of the lower pulley mounted to the new balancer. they even anodized them black for me which i think looks great. im pretty excited because now i can start lining everything up and getting the blower mounted. money is tight though, i havent worked in a month and i cant be spending too much with no income coming in. hopefully i will have some more to post soon though.

Attachments

• PC290023.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 839
  • PC290024.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 816
  • PC290026.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 827
  • PC290027.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 832
  • PC290028.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 823
  • PC290029.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 827
Aaron, thats great!! I have been wanting to build a turbo, or a blower motor fpr a couple years......but w/ my comnpression it would require another slant build.I am in to deep.LOL
I am on the hunt for a small blower like yours though......maybe I can make myself build another one.LOL
Cool thread!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

thanks. i cant wait to get it going. how often do you see a slant with a blower hanging off the side of it driving around town.

I actually considering doing the GM3800 blower thing with mine.....yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.
Wayne

are those like the smaller m90? that was what i was looking for, but i got a good deal on the 144. i just had to lower the boost with different pulleys. acording to holleys formula, i would have made about 20 pounds with the stock pulley that was on it.

Good thread. I look forward to following along. This is the kind of stuff that makes Mopar guys leading edge. Good plan.

Yaaaah!:cheers:

You back with another build plan. I really enjoyed your first build thread,so I've subscribed.

Thanks for sharing!

Looking fantastic,cant wait to line up against ya.That should really waken your car up.Guzzi Mark

Very cool. Back in the day McCulloch (now Paxton) made a blower that was used on the S/C Studebaker/Packard Hawks. It had a clutch on it that engaged around 3000 rpm. The pulley on the compressor would widen and a spring loaded idler would pull the belt deeper into it as engine rpm increased. It was the closest thing I have ever seen to Mad Max's with the switch. I wonder if Paxton still makes this setup.

Those studebakers are cool cars. Anyone remember the Lark?

Heck I thought Mculloch made only chain saws. I'll be damned... Or am I mixing up two different entities?

Here is one on a 29 A that I did the appraisal on. This was just after it was on the cover of Street Rodder.

100_4608.jpg

100_4606.jpg

100_4602.jpg

Very cool. Back in the day McCulloch (now Paxton) made a blower that was used on the S/C Studebaker/Packard Hawks. It had a clutch on it that engaged around 3000 rpm. The pulley on the compressor would widen and a spring loaded idler would pull the belt deeper into it as engine rpm increased. It was the closest thing I have ever seen to Mad Max's with the switch. I wonder if Paxton still makes this setup.

My dad has one of those McCulloch superchargers. When I was going to do the 318 in the Valiant I thought about rebuilding it & using it.:snakeman:

I think they even made a 2 motor cart. Turbocharging is more efficient., but less of a WOW factor. Allpar did a $300 buck turbo 225 and stated it was about 200HP with 5 lbs boost with nothing done to the motor. You can do a cool trick with the fuel pressure by plumbing a boost pressurized pressure line into the fuel pump weep hole, it is supposed to raise the fuel pressure about a lb per boosted PSI, up to 16 PSI. I was going to trade my rebuilt teen for a 170/225 just to toy with a forced induction idea.

I had no idea Mculloch made that stuff.Thats really cool, I once had a very large Mculloch two man chainsaw that had been converted to a large 3 foot chain and bar/sprocket. I was given it by an ex customers wife. Back in the day I repaired saw's,mower's etc for a living and had my own company run out of my basement! Her husband was a very good customer of mine and when he passed he requested she phone me and tell me to come and get it. I was very surprised,as I never knew he had it and had never seen it before.It turned out to be a 1943 Mculloch two man saw and had a yellow ish paint from what I recall,but I could be wrong.That thing weighed about 50 lb's or so,I kid you not. It was built like a brick s*#thouse!

It hadnt run in years and it turned out it had never been used. It looked almost new and I was very tempted to sell it. But in order to prevent myself that I found a local museum that had a forestry theme room and I donated it to them. A guy came right to my door and was extremely happy!!

As far as I know it's still there. Unfortunately my memory is blurry. I can remember the name but I think it's either in a town called Nakusp or something like that.

Jeez sorry for jumping all over your thread Aarron! Hurry up and post more pics to shut me up,lol!:bootysha:

-
Back