project blown slant

-
This is awesome I love cars that are diffrent thats why we drive mopars. You can throw a rock and hit a chubby or ferd. A blown slant thats great I want one sign me up.

cool build slant scamp i had alot of fun doen mine. U wont believe the power u get out that.
Wach ur fuel mix when u fire that white plugs are bad! And i found i had to lock my timing advance on my distributor to get full top end out of it.

super charged slant 6 was cool
But now its time for a small block!

Or, maybe it's time for a turbo /6... :pr:

Should be like falling out of a tree to install on that supercharged engine....

here you go..

BlownSlantsix-1.jpg

his car wasn't at ohlone this year, he must still be working on it.love his car it's badass!

hi guys. thanks for the interest. i took my wagon to a show at a local speedshop in june. but since then i got a little burned out. i have also been going back to school the last year and a half at night. i took a CAD class to learn how to design parts. i took a machining class, where i got to make a ballpeen hammer, and i have taken three welding classes. (not trying to make excuses) so i had to take a break from the car thing. i also found that while i was tuning it, i wasnt building any boost. so i checked my calculations and it looked like i underdrove the blower too much, i had it 10% underdriven, which according to my math, gave me -0.14 psi. so i had a new pulley made. this time overdriven 24%, which should give me about 5 pounds of boost. but even with it not making any boost, i still had to jet the 600 holley up to keep it from going lean under WOT. and from what i understand. boost reading is a measurement of buildup in the intake that the engine isnt using. so i guess it was just using everything the blower was giving. if im wrong you guys can chime in. so like i said, i have this new pulley sitting in a box, i just need to bolt it up, get a new belt, and fix one tranny line thats leaking. but i guess i have just been a little sidetracked. anyways, once this weather gets a little better (not raining every weekend) i need to get back out in the garage and finish working the bugs out. i would love to enter my wagon in the slant six class at ohlone, maybe i will finally get a trophy haha. well sorry for the long winded reply, and thanks again guys. i will keep you posted.

Attachments

• 562116_463137180364426_362424886_n.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 585
  • 282635_10150941577123139_1238685622_n.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 583
Thank you for this update and info :glasses7: Nice 63 Valiant :cheers: Digging the old school scoop big time.

hi guys. thanks for the interest. i took my wagon to a show at a local speedshop in june. but since then i got a little burned out. i have also been going back to school the last year and a half at night. i took a CAD class to learn how to design parts. i took a machining class, where i got to make a ballpeen hammer, and i have taken three welding classes. (not trying to make excuses) so i had to take a break from the car thing. i also found that while i was tuning it, i wasnt building any boost. so i checked my calculations and it looked like i underdrove the blower too much, i had it 10% underdriven, which according to my math, gave me -0.14 psi. so i had a new pulley made. this time overdriven 24%, which should give me about 5 pounds of boost. but even with it not making any boost, i still had to jet the 600 holley up to keep it from going lean under WOT. and from what i understand. boost reading is a measurement of buildup in the intake that the engine isnt using. so i guess it was just using everything the blower was giving. if im wrong you guys can chime in. so like i said, i have this new pulley sitting in a box, i just need to bolt it up, get a new belt, and fix one tranny line thats leaking. but i guess i have just been a little sidetracked. anyways, once this weather gets a little better (not raining every weekend) i need to get back out in the garage and finish working the bugs out. i would love to enter my wagon in the slant six class at ohlone, maybe i will finally get a trophy haha. well sorry for the long winded reply, and thanks again guys. i will keep you posted.

Arron!! Good to have you back brotha!! been a while! mis ya around over here. I came across your build on another site, dont remember what site it was though...i was wondering why the heck you had such a small crank pulley and larger drivven pulley...these little blowers need to be overdrivven to make boost! where did you have your blower polished? I picked up a B&M 162 blower, complete with a blower manifold for a small block mopar!! original B&M stuff, kinda rare. thinkin of having it polished by superchargers usa down near LA.

where are you taking your CAD and machining classes? i wanna take the same classes....how do you like them? have you talked to Ben lately?

Well its looking good like a monster truck. I love these motors because they have good in performance and also unique in sound. Thanks for sharing your drives guys. I like this thread and you all have good cars.

so 1 year and 7 thousand miles later, i started getting bored with the slant. so the obvious thing to do is a V8 swap right? WRONG! haha with the help of a friend i will be mounting a b&m 144 blower on my slant. i will also be building another head and swaping out my cam. i am only planning on running about 5 pounds of boost untill i build another engine with better pistons and rods, but this should still be fun, and different.

Gotta say, I love this project! I have had very little issues with my 174 B&M. Just had to replace the snout seal a couple of times (it's been on the car since 1988 ). I'll be watchin' this thread .

Good Luck

hey guys. thanks for the comments. you should have seen when i showed up at the show with my little slant six with a supercharger on it. i just stood back and watched people look at it. hey mopardude. i had superchargerusa rebuild and polish my blower. tim was really nice to deal with. i ended up driving down there on a friday and droping it off in person. he tore it apart while i was there and told me what needed replacing and why. i was happy with the service there. as for my classes, i have been taking them at chabot college in hayward and las positas in livermore. my cad class and machine shop class were in hayward, and the teacher was great. very helpfull and always willing to take the time to explain everything. but i also showed up an hour early and usually stayed late to help clean the shop. i took 2 welding classes at that school that were ok. and one welding class at las positas in livermore. i think las positas was great though. we got to tig weld, mig weld, gas weld, braze, and solder. the hardest part for me though was getting up at 5 in the morning, going to work, getting home at 4:15. leaving for school at 6, and getting back home at 10:30. so between my electrician apprenticeship and college, i am 29 and kind of burned out haha. but i enjoy learning this stuff and hopefully can start applying it to my hobbies. sorry again for the excuses, but i will get back to work on the car soon.

-
Back