QA1 Front suspension

-
i think it is cheaper at jegs.....

591.00 for a bodies

Whenever I am bored which is late night at home for the past 5 years I have been searching for dimensions to compare the 64 to the 67, you know, K frame width, frame width whatever anyone wants to call it. It was easy to search for things in the early part of this Millennium as things popped up simply by adding a few words. I haven't an access to measure the frame width on a later model A-Body, so I am basically stuck in a quagmire. I see that Magnum force has one for the early A's and to me, they can keep it...

Can anyone help with this problem of mine.. Sorry to even asked this question, thanks...

Touche Tony, thought I saw it was $1100 at Jegs. Didn't make sense, usually the retailers are less than the supplier.

So at $591 it's right there with a powder coated K that's been welded and braced.

Hotlines, I would think that if they fit they would be listed....someplace. I haven't finished the internet though, if I do and find any info, I'll let you know.

Like Joe said, different strokes.
We talked about weighing the parts but never did. I know laying on my back holding the new one in place was a lot easier than the original. I'll see if motormouth can ask QA1 about the weight savings over stock when he calls em.

Besides weighing less and looking good it's another option from the aftermarket companies. QA1 is releasing this and starting to pay more attention to the Mopar community, can't be a bad thing!

We'll see if it performs as good as it looks, Motormouth isn't exactly easy on things:burnout:

I like everything i see, but don't those strut rod mounts look a little flimsy?

would a small block and big block utilize the same motor mounts or is it only specific to a small block or big block application. I would think the frame mount part of it would be located different for the two engines sizes.

does anyone have an answer to this.

wonder if you can buy just the k member... be a cool k member mated up with dillinger coil over kit..

wonder if you can buy just the k member... be a cool k member mated up with dillinger coil over kit..

yes..you can buy it from jegs....the link is posted above....anything that can bolt on to a stock k member could be used on this k member

I have been talking with QA1 about when they where going to get this on the market,it's been quite a while now since they purchased cap's patent,I would think a coil over is in the shadow's (I hope) since cap had a bracket to reinforce the upper shock mount already developed,the funny thing is ,I was told they were completely re engineering this piece and that's kind of a joke if you look back at one of cap's k-frames and put the pic's side by side no re-engineering was done a testament to cap's design.Competition is good for all of us in this hobby and gives more resources to use and will keep prices honest across the board (we hope anyway) looking forward to watching this thread--Swifter

we can only imagine a tubular k-frame complete under $2500.00-

I have been talking with QA1 about when they where going to get this on the market,it's been quite a while now since they purchased cap's patent,I would think a coil over is in the shadow's (I hope) since cap had a bracket to reinforce the upper shock mount already developed,the funny thing is ,I was told they were completely re engineering this piece and that's kind of a joke if you look back at one of cap's k-frames and put the pic's side by side no re-engineering was done a testament to cap's design.Competition is good for all of us in this hobby and gives more resources to use and will keep prices honest across the board (we hope anyway) looking forward to watching this thread--Swifter

Maybe by "re-engineering" they just meant welding it and testing to make sure it wouldn't break like the old Crap Automotive parts.

Got proof of that lie magnumdust??????? post something to back that up????? oh yea that one guy who drove into a curb sorry i forgot--Thanks

Really ask yourself if QA1 a multimillion dollar company would buy a patent only to be sued????? sick of the bashing and un-truth's told on this site,PROVIDE PROOF please

I can't speak for QA1 (one of the leaders in the coil over industry) but I think this is just a stepping stone. Get a solid base to build from, adapt a rack and pinion, splined sway bar mounts, coil overs....

We'll see:glasses7:

He may end up starting a thread about the rebuild, not sure. All Ill say is it's bigger than the 273 that came out and still LA based. :burnout:

I'm heading to his house tomorrow after work, we'll get some weights and ground clearance measurements. If you want better pictures of something let me know.

Got proof of that lie magnumdust??????? post something to back that up????? oh yea that one guy who drove into a curb sorry i forgot--Thanks

Really ask yourself if QA1 a multimillion dollar company would buy a patent only to be sued????? sick of the bashing and un-truth's told on this site,PROVIDE PROOF please

Nope no war here from me just sick of the lies

Magnumdust??????????

I'll chime in. I have a broken CAP tubular LCA that failed on my Challenger. A little less than 40k miles of street driving. No curbs, no racing. One of the welds cracked, which resulted in the tubular part of the arm separating from the part that anchors the torsion bar. Car dropped about 1/2" on that side, I noticed it sitting crooked and found the cracked weld.

CAP's designs weren't the problem, but the welding and quality control was crap. QA1 wouldn't really need to redesign anything, just send it out the door with good welds. Although I'm sure they did enough testing to prove it.

Check out my previous posts on CAP. I was a skeptic too, and kept running my CAP LCA's despite a lot of the incidents posted here and other places. And I still wouldn't swear that all of those were 100% true given the limited info I've seen on some of those cases. But I can tell you that I've got a failed CAP LCA, and I didn't hit anything, didn't wreck my car, and never even had it on the track. Just a plain jane stock 318/904 with an one legger 3.23 rear daily driver. I DO run 1.12" torsion bars, and I DO have 275/40/17's all the way around, and 11.75" rotors. And I DO drive the living crap out of the thing on backroads. But nothing notable led to the failure, I didn't even notice it had failed until I was trying to figure out why it was sitting low on that side.

I STILL run the CAP adjustable strut rods too, btw. The aluminum tubes scare some folks, but I've got over 40k miles on them. No welds on them though. :mrgreen:

I'll even post a nice picture. Want a bigger one? I've got plenty of nice hi-res shots of this, I just reduced the size so it would post up better.

IMG_4542_zps8d2ed862.jpg

i'm just glad a real company is building these things now. hopefully they will have a lot better quality control. the crap that CAP was building was an accident waiting to happen.

-
Back