Question?

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
If someone says they want to buy something how long is a good time to give them? I agreed to buy parts and less then 24 hours he sold them on me twice now! People act like someone doesn't have to work or something. I understand people get burned and money talks but damn I thought we had better people on here then to agree to seek to someone and pull it from under them in less then 24 hrs!

If someone says they want to buy something how long is a good time to give them? I agreed to buy parts and less then 24 hours he sold them on me twice now! People act like someone doesn't have to work or something. I understand people get burned and money talks but damn I thought we had better people on here then to agree to seek to someone and pull it from under them in less then 24 hrs!

That is something that is between the buyer and seller. Communication is the important thing that will make a deal work. If I am shopping and haven't committed to buy and it gets sold then it is shame on me. If I have agreed to buy and I am not at a location that I can pay then I tell the seller when I will be sending payment.

I messaged him and we agreed on PayPal. I went to work and bam it's gone in 8 hours.

I asked him for paypal and left for work. You don't just asked for paypal address if your not going to pay for them. First time I tried to buy he waited 9 hours and second time 8 hours. Two attempts to buy the same part. If trying tp buy twice and asking for paypal account doesn't show someone wants them, then I don't know what is...

I asked him for paypal and left for work. You don't just asked for paypal address if your not going to pay for them. First time I tried to buy he waited 9 hours and second time 8 hours. Two attempts to buy the same part. If trying tp buy twice and asking for paypal account doesn't show someone wants them, then I don't know what is...

I have had it happen more than once as a seller. If I have to leave before I will get the PayPal information, I tell the seller that I will be gone and will pay him at xx: xx. I also ask for a phone number and I give the seller my phone number too. So far as a buyer, I have never had anything that I committed to sold out from under me but it may happen any day. There is also the chance that a previous inquiry paid for the part before you did. Some sellers are just plain and simple a-holes too. There is a reason that I always respond in the thread if I am buying something. To me it keeps the deal on the table and I have the option of leaving feedback.

As a seller, I try to give at least 24 hours to a party that has committed to buy something. If I see he has signed in and left during that 24 hours without contacting me it makes me pretty unhappy.

Personally I tend to lean towards agreeing with the buyer on this one. Seems to me that when you get this committed, the least the seller can do is contact you.

Sounds to me like this is a case of "I had it advertised in 10 places" and "I got a better offer."

-
Back