Rallye Dash El Cheapo Resto

-
I installed the guages to keep them safe while I work on the rest of the dash.
Once this cures I will buff out some areas, you can see some tape marks in the pics but that will clean up nicely. There is also some minor touch up to do.
It's not perfect but will be good for my driver.

DSC00018 (Custom).JPG

DSC00020 (Custom).JPG

DSC00022 (Custom).JPG

DSC00028 (Custom).JPG

Looks really nice! very, very impressive work!!!!

I like to see a little elbow grease going into a ride because it makes it personal at that point.

You could probably charge a few hundred bucks or so to do some like that for other people who don't have the patience as you do.

Looks really nice! very, very impressive work!!!!

I like to see a little elbow grease going into a ride because it makes it personal at that point.

You could probably charge a few hundred bucks or so to do some like that for other people who don't have the patience as you do.
Thanks cudaspaz, I agree with the elbow grease.

One day I hope to.:-D

There´s the living proof that it doesn´t need to be expensive to be a great job. Congrats! I should follow your example on this nicely done job.

There´s the living proof that it doesn´t need to be expensive to be a great job. Congrats! I should follow your example on this nicely done job.

Thanks Josecuda, and this way I can only blame myself for bad work. And I am my toughest critic.:-D
Glad to hear you got your horns.

damn.. really nice work.. caint wait to see it in the car

Thanks rgreule, I am so ready to install but have to do major work on the dash itself, lots of holes and rust. I will post pics today. 8)

really good work homecloned ,dash looks great!

Thanks jomoper.:cheers:

Just wanted to share my dash refurbish with anybody interested.
Need to do on the cheap with spray bombs but it should come out ok. :-D

What I have done so far is disasemble, clean guages up, repaint needles, polish lenses, remove wood grain trim, strip paint.
I used oven cleaner to strip the old paint and chrome.
I will do any repair work before priming. It doesn't need much.

do you mean spray on oven cleaner like???????????

Yes HemiMark, I used some cheap stuff but easy off works best.
What you have done looks fabulous! That is exactly what My ralley dash needs. I still can't figure out how to post pic's,or I would send some of my 1970 340 4 speed Duster,and the dash. Could you send me pic's ect of what you have done to my P.M. Thanks, Craig..If you where closer I would gladly pay you to do mine!

Man, I can't get over how nice that wood looks!.................
That really didn't sound too good...................:angry7:

Man, That Dashboard wood looks fantastic!:-D
(There that's better):cheers:

Man, I can't get over how nice that wood looks!.................
That really didn't sound too good...................:angry7:

Man, That Dashboard wood looks fantastic!:-D
(There that's better):cheers:

Better LOL :-D
It's all in the polishing.
I am going out to start on the dash frame. I'll post pics.

Fantastic thread and work!! 5 stars

I missed the paint info though... re post please?

Thanks from myself as well!! I will be giving it a go with my dash as well. Trust me,If I need help I will be calling on you!! Craig..

Awesome job !

..I read on another board some time ago that you can replace the old lights with LEDs and I guess it makes you dash pop and night..that is, you will be able to see what is written on the gauges..

Grassy

Awesome job !

..I read on another board some time ago that you can replace the old lights with LEDs and I guess it makes you dash pop and night..that is, you will be able to see what is written on the gauges..

Grassy
Thanks grassy.
I try not to drive at night. :sunny: but I have done some research on LEDs.

Well the Rallye dash I purchased from a member here was alot worse the I expected. I looked at pictures before I bought, but couldn't see the real damage. He did say it needed work but could be fixed. It could be fixed, but I do not want to spend the time. So back to plan A, which was the origional dash which I had allready painted. I will mask off and cut for the rallye guages to fit(I still have to buy a angle grinder). This is where im at.

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

DSC00002 (Custom).JPG

DSC00003 (Custom).JPG

DSC00004 (Custom).JPG

DSC00005 (Custom).JPG

DSC00006 (Custom).JPG

DSC00007 (Custom).JPG

DSC00008 (Custom).JPG

DSC00009 (Custom).JPG

DSC00010 (Custom).JPG

What kinda speakers ya got mounted in there homecloned? I been trying to figure out pretty much what you have done but dunno how to go with the speakers.

Thanks,
Bruce B.

-
Back