Random Dart Parts ID Please

-

KevinB

Reaction score
These parts were in the trunk of my 66 when I got it. any ideas on what these are? The thing with the cable is some sort of vacuum switch.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 263
Thanks...still really curious about the vacuum switch. The cable you see us what is pulled to activate it.

does your car have factory a/c? it appears to be part of heat/a/c behind the dash stuff? Lawrence

does your car have factory a/c? it appears to be part of heat/a/c behind the dash stuff? Lawrence

It does have factory Ac...an under dash unit that had not been taken apart as far as I know. Perhaps that is what it belongs to

Peyote,
Look in the factory manual AC section. I was looking at my 64 manual yesterday and noticed that B-body AC cars had vacuum controls (like my 65 C-body), whereas A-body AC was an under-dash box. By 1966, they must have moved AC to the dash w/ similar vacuum controls. You can download the manual free on-line (recent post).

I'll take a wild stab at the two hanger bolts. I'll guess they supported something hanging under the dash. While we are focused on AC, I'll suggest the long thin AC vent that hung under the dash. At least it did in my 1969 Dart w/ factory AC.

Peyote,
Look in the factory manual AC section. I was looking at my 64 manual yesterday and noticed that B-body AC cars had vacuum controls (like my 65 C-body), whereas A-body AC was an under-dash box. By 1966, they must have moved AC to the dash w/ similar vacuum controls. You can download the manual free on-line (recent post).

I'll take a wild stab at the two hanger bolts. I'll guess they supported something hanging under the dash. While we are focused on AC, I'll suggest the long thin AC vent that hung under the dash. At least it did in my 1969 Dart w/ factory AC.

Actually my Ac is still an under dash unit... When I have time I'll pull it off the car and take a look

the 2 middle bumper bolt brackets are for a 1995 Ford truck, v-8 auto ex cab, 2 tone, lt/dk blue. The far right piece is for a 2001 Kia lock mechanism, dr rear door.

the 2 middle bumper bolt brackets are for a 1995 Ford truck, v-8 auto ex cab, 2 tone, lt/dk blue. The far right piece is for a 2001 Kia lock mechanism, dr rear door.

I freakin LOVE it!! good call!! lol:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:MT

Really, the 2 middle pieces are bumper bolts for a late style truck. Either way, only the piece on the left appears to be a Mopar piece.

This is usually the in depth answer I give the counter men at the national parts stores as they start asking questions about something as simple as a 1/2-20 lugnut, only I also add the tire pressure on the right rear tire and spare.

This is usually the in depth answer I give the counter men at the national parts stores as they start asking questions about something as simple as a 1/2-20 lugnut, only I also add the tire pressure on the right rear tire and spare.

Right, "I need some windshield washer fluid, or blue water" Response, What year, engine, trans, What kind of radio!! LOL. I happen to be an ASE parts pro. So it is a joke.

Really, the 2 middle pieces are bumper bolts for a late style truck. Either way, only the piece on the left appears to be a Mopar piece.

Ok thanks! and thanks for clarifying about the kia door answer....you were about to send me down a wormhole searching to see if you were joking or not lol

Sorry about that. I have no idea what it fits, but can't recall seeing one on a Mopar.

I don't want to send anyone down a wormhole this early in the morning.

-
Back