Rare Car

-
I don't see where it says "Commando 2 bbl". It does say it has an Edelbrock carburetor and it is clearly a 4 barrel in the pictures. It also says the 15s were dealer installed, which is completely possible. Regardless, they sure look better than pissy little 13s or 14s.

Other than that, what's the problem with it? Seems like a nice, low mileage little car.

If it was for sale on here, it would have a 25K price tag and everybody would be slobberin all over it.

Original and very rare red floor mats. It is a 273 but not a Commando. The air cleaner top is a 2bbl top with a Commando sticker on it. My reference is the inaccuracies in what he is stating as clean original items. He may not know.

That's right. He may not. Not everyone is out to lie and steal......although it's pretty popular. lol

Rare? You bet because there aren'thousands of them around any more. Lol love those dealer installed 15" wheels. What dealer? Mopar never produced 15" sbp wheels. And yes, a 2 barrel 273 with a 4 barrel installed. Obviously a non Mopar guy writing up the description.

17.5 might be a bit of a stretch but it is a pretty clean car.

That looks pretty clean! If those "rare red" floor mats are what Mopar put in it, thats whack: those are ugly. How rare was the Certi-card? I thought all our cars came with that. 17,500, sounds fair.

Looks super clean.
I think those are 14" wheel covers so it probably was built with 13" wheels but cold with 14" (not 15") that were dealer installed.

Nice car, where is it? Never mind New york. too bad too far away.

Really does look like a super clean car.
Get prepared folks , stock up on em while you can. LOL. Think the early a's are gonna really start to gain in resale value the next few years.

Oldschoolcuda

Think so? I doubt it... Next genners don't want these "old relics"...the generation that likes them is dying off, so I think the market will eventually drop out.

Just my $.02......

We will see ?
That's the key. Old relics. They are no longer old relics. Modern builders have discovered them. They are cheap, easily modded to make super fast and look super cool with just a change in wheels and tires. The modded ones showing up all over recently will only increase value of them all including restored originals.

Just my $ .02

Oldschoolcuda

Get prepared folks , stock up on em while you can. LOL. Think the early a's are gonna really start to gain in resale value the next few years.

Oldschoolcuda

What are you basing that on? The run of the mill real muscle cars IE 383 RR, 340 a body's etc have been flat

Recent sales results, still being affordable, showing up on cable tv builds , they are still readily available and not a Chevy or ford, a gut feeling.

Of course I was one of the fools that invested in Apple in the beginning and did ok so what do I know. LOL.

Oldschoolcuda

Oldschoolcuda
I agree. I see the price of the nicer cars going up. There have been more early A's in the $15-20,000 range than in years past.

Not to be negative but I don't see the price of these or any collector cars going up in the very far future. I attend a lot of car shows and what I see is a lot of old men (myself included) with some very nice collectable cars,... in a row of cars often in the back is where the younger generation hang out, and they are not driving American Iron, they are all into their rice burners and they seem to have no interest in the true american steel !! So what is going to happen when the older crowd starts dying out ???

What are you basing that on? The run of the mill real muscle cars IE 383 RR, 340 a body's etc have been flat

Here is just one example. Ya gotta get a little badass in em to get a larger and younger audience triple J

"This 1963 Plymouth Valiant 2 Door Hardtop Coupe - Painted Vivid Black with Stunning New Red Interior received a complete frame off rebuild. It has a 273/275 V8 with modified 340 heads, aluminum intake and high performance cam, 4 speed manual transmission. It was completely disassembled and rebuilt with all NEW PARTS. Everything was replaced or rebuilt. New brakes, booster, suspension, exhaust, fuel lines and tank, wiring harness, light assemblies, dash and gauges, windows, seals, seats, carpet, under body sealer and paint. NEW bumpers and stereo are being installed at time of posting.
$28000 or Make Offer"

Attachments

• 63 valiant.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 442
  • 63 valiant2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 484
Here is just one example. Ya gotta get a little badass in em to get a larger and younger audience triple J

"This 1963 Plymouth Valiant 2 Door Hardtop Coupe - Painted Vivid Black with Stunning New Red Interior received a complete frame off rebuild. It has a 273/275 V8 with modified 340 heads, aluminum intake and high performance cam, 4 speed manual transmission. It was completely disassembled and rebuilt with all NEW PARTS. Everything was replaced or rebuilt. New brakes, booster, suspension, exhaust, fuel lines and tank, wiring harness, light assemblies, dash and gauges, windows, seals, seats, carpet, under body sealer and paint. NEW bumpers and stereo are being installed at time of posting.
$28000 or Make Offer"

Just because they are asking $28k, doesn't mean they will get that. Doesn't matter how nice it is. It's what the market will bear. I don't see the early A bodies going up much. They are sort of a red headed step child.

Just because anybody is asking a price for anything does not mean they will achieve it. Just another example of where market is changing rapidly for early a bodies. Red headed step children are in like it or not. Stay with what ya got or adopt an early a and reap the benefits. At the end if the day it's all preference anyways. What's amazing in my extensive early a experience buying and selling is most of the haters are fellow mopar owners & that is a shame.I'll stick with my early a body prediction. The 66 from original post is very nice and hopefully will find a home.

Oldschoolcuda

Gotta know your market dude. That 63 is listed in Charlotte, NC.
Have made a living catering to specific market areas over the years.
Agree 28 large probably will not happen ( never know if an overseas buyer gets interested though) but Charlotte is ripe with nascar money and classic car hungry folks.

Oldschoolcuda

i am local to the white car if anyone needs a closer look (and my schedule permits).

also agree with comment above, knowing the market, car prices are all over the place here (long island). lots of stupid money. and enough hipster trust fund money that even a clean 4 door will sell pretty fast to BK crowd.

-
Back