Rarest A-Body Option?

-
How about left and right side remote rearview mirrors that I have on my car.

It seems the hood mounted tach is not so rare for Mexico.

All bets are off when it comes to cars built outside of the US or for foreign markets. No telling what you might find.

What was the last year for the hipo 273 4spd? My 68 GT had a/c and 273 (not when I bought it) Was it 68? Because the 318 was going to replace it as the standard v8. When was the first year for electronic ignition?

I think 67 was the last year of the 273 HP. With the introduction of the LA 318 and the 340 in 68, the 273 HP was lost to the changes. 273 `s in 2 bbl. form were still around until 69. Electronic ignition was introduced in late 71 and in full use by 72.

How about a 1969 Dart with a Mod top and a slant 6. I saw one this summer at a cruise night? Looked original. jysnflem

I live in England and have a 1969 Dart gt that was assembled in Belgum and came with a 340 and 8 3/4 rear and gts running gear It is also factory Silver with light metalic green interior dont know of any others like this dont know if it counts as it was not assembled in America

Okay, Bish; I don't know how your car got over there but you have to give it back now. High time that vehicle came home...

Seriously though, I'm impressed; we have Dart Lovers among our British Brothers across the water. Very cool. Drive yours much, and what kind of looks do you get from passersby when you do?

I saw on e-bay some 10 years ago.
An early A-body Barracuda, I belieave a 65 or 66, with a canvas soft top in the same size of a moore modern t-top.
It reached from the windshield frame to almost 3" in front of the rear glass.
Have any of you guys ever heard of such a soft top or was it a home made
roof?
I so regret that I didn`t save a pic from that auction.

How about left and right side remote rearview mirrors that I have on my car.
So where is the control wand for the right side remote mirror ?
If that mirrors bowl isn't deeper on the outer edge it was made for a righthand drive car.

LO23 would be pretty rare!

:D
LO23s. not many done. i know in 68 they had the HEMI with a dual quad setup with 4 speeds and a dana. plexiglass rear window. no radio. no carpet. aluminum seat brackets. seat belts to pull the windows up. they ran high 10s low 11s right off the lot!!! and i heard they only made like 85 or something idk. but if you ever see a 68 Dart layin around with notched 1/4s at the wheel well and a black front end with everything else grey, stop what your doin. you coulda just found a big old money pot.

I would have to say beside some of the more exotic options LO23 & BO23 Cars or M code A-bodies the 72 foldable fabric moonroof would have my vote as a rare option. I saw a defrost option about 16yrs ago on a Duster we used for parts. I currently have a 73 H Code Sunroof Dart for what that worth with light Parchment interior. Any one ever seen a Savage Barracuda? If there is one still out there, it might be the rarest of rare A bodies, even though it wasnt a factory option or factory backed race car, still a cool car not allot known about!

I would have to say beside some of the more exotic options LO23 & BO23 Cars or M code A-bodies the 72 foldable fabric moonroof would have my vote as a rare option. I saw a defrost option about 16yrs ago on a Duster we used for parts. I currently have a 73 H Code Sunroof Dart for what that worth with light Parchment interior. Any one ever seen a Savage Barracuda? If there is one still out there, it might be the rarest of rare A bodies, even though it wasnt a factory option or factory backed race car, still a cool car not allot known about!

Again you guys are comparing apples to oranges.

LO/BO cars were a seperate model not an option. That's like comparing a wheelcover to a 69 340 Swinger. Makes no sense.

The orginal poster was asking about optional accessories. Not Motor and trans options.

Savage Barracudas were built by an aftermarket company. Nothing factory related.

I agree with autoxcuda, LO cars can`t be considered an option because the O signifies the model (super stock). Now if your superstock A body came with an AM/FM radio, then that would be considered an option. Lol! The Savage Barracudas were simply P,H,or M code cars modified by a private company and didn`t have any Chrysler affiliation so they`re outside the factory A-body family too. There are some rare A-body models out there like the LO but if models are considered options then an LT taxi with a /6,727, and A/C would be a rare option. They`re just two different things.

A01 light package , glove box, fender mount turn signals,trunk lamp, map light, my Duster has it. It isn't very rare for Duster,Demons., now J81 Go-wing/Gull wing, available only 1970-1971

So where is the control wand for the right side remote mirror ?
If that mirrors bowl isn't deeper on the outer edge it was made for a righthand drive car.

It's located on the right side door in the same spot as the left door.

Ok then....
My 2 cents worth:
A Bodies never had from the factory:
Cruise Control, Power Windows, Passenger Side Remote Mirror, Factory Tape Player, 6 Pack option.

I make this statement based on my 30 plus years messin with mopars. If I am wrong...cool. I live to learn and help others!

However, Factory Cruise Control is an easy add on... have it on all my auto Darts.
Power windows would be nice.... but a major conversion. (I am gonna try it soon though).
As for the rarest A Body option: I would guess the Factory Sunroof then AM/FM radio.
Later,
Bruce B.

Ok then....
My 2 cents worth:
A Bodies never had from the factory:
Cruise Control, Power Windows, Passenger Side Remote Mirror, Factory Tape Player, 6 Pack option.

I make this statement based on my 30 plus years messin with mopars. If I am wrong...cool. I live to learn and help others!

However, Factory Cruise Control is an easy add on... have it on all my auto Darts.
Power windows would be nice.... but a major conversion. (I am gonna try it soon though).
As for the rarest A Body option: I would guess the Factory Sunroof then AM/FM radio.
Later,
Bruce B.

The Paddock sells a power window kit for the later A-bodies. If you`re thinking of going to power windows, the kit may be just what you need.

Okay, Bish; I don't know how your car got over there but you have to give it back now. High time that vehicle came home...

Seriously though, I'm impressed; we have Dart Lovers among our British Brothers across the water. Very cool. Drive yours much, and what kind of looks do you get from passersby when you do?

There are a lot of darts over here I am a member of the mopar muscle assocation uk http://www.moparuk.com/. We host the mopar euro nations once a year have a look on our site.
As for me I have had a lot of Mopars over the years. I bourght my first american car back in 1969 it was a 1934 Hudson terraplane. I have had most types of Mopars over the years but my faverite is the A body I bought my Dart back in 1979 with 11000 miles on it and it has spent most of its life off the road it has only 19000 miles on it now

75 Made.

I think the Hood mounted tach was dealer installed, not an option.

I read somewhere that the hood mounted tach did not sell well in the US so surplus parts were sent to Mexico and installed on the Bee models at the factory.

-
Back